Trade for Kirk Cousins

fitz-lovers still doubting every young qb trend keeps on keepin on.

Cousins looks sweet, not sure why people are quick to naysay his abilities IMO.

I know you like to not read things, but Fitz threw for over 300 yards and 3 tds in his first game and you think he is the worst QB ever. Odds are, most of the young QBs aren't going to amount too much. People always talk about all the Qbs the Bills miss on, but there's plenty a lot of folks wanted here who are freaking awful (Gabbert, Clausen, Ponder, McCoy, etc.) Just because people is not a reason to make careless trades.

I hate doubting QBs but I really don't think there is anything special about cousins. Never thought it in college, and 1 start against a bad Browns team isn't going to change that. We can do better than Kirk Cousins.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you like to not read things, but Fitz threw for over 300 yards and 3 tds in his first game and you think he is the worst QB ever. Odds are, most of the young QBs aren't going to amount too much. People always talk about all the Qbs the Bills miss on, but there's plenty a lot of folks wanted here who are freaking awful (Gabbert, Clausen, Ponder, McCoy, etc.) Just because people is not a reason to make careless trades.

I hate doubting QBs but I really don't think there is anything special about cousins. Never thought it in college, and 1 start against a bad Browns team isn't going to change that. We can do better than Kirk Cousins.

settle down mr handsome. i read it all. if cousins was drafted by us we could fill out the team nicely in the upcoming draft. Cousins looks like a fine young man and more than adequate qb. you know you could change the names in parenthesis to read as (kaepernick, wilson, tannenhil, rg3,luck, dalton etc. also right?) theres two sides to this story.

i guess you have yours. just like wilson and kaep they probably weren't good enough either. it's beyond time to give someone else than "the worst qb ever" some PT.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Skins are not going to Trade Cousins for anything less the a first. they know they have a quality back up under his rookie contract for the next 3 seasons. he signed a 4 year $2.75 mil contract. Look for them to wait another year and pull a Matt Schuab deal. They will showcase him here and there or use him if RGIII is even a bit dinged up.

This isn't Madden 2013 because I want to trade for a backup QB with potential?

I would understand if I said to trade for Calvin Johnson. But your comment makes no sense considering what I actually did say.

If he is worth trading for, other teams will jump in and he will be worth at least a first round pick. I am sure our scouts are keeping an eye on the situation.

Yup. Book it, and stamp my name on it.

You sound just like a few Russell Wilson doubters did back in February. -It's laughable.

What people like you fail to realize is that QB potential isn't as much about prototypes, as it is about personality types. I feel sad for you because you'll always be behind the curve when it comes to assessing talent.

I'll take a shorter kid that's willing to fight, and learn from his mistakes as my QB any day over the walking bundles of stats and "measurables" that people like you drool over.

FYI, If I'm wrong about Cousins, I'll gladly own it. RG3, Kirk is definitely NOT. But any rookie that can stand-in for an act like Griffin, and STILL deliver the goods, has something you can't put down on a peice of paper.

I'll let you go nuts trying to figure out what that is. :lol:

New flash for you......I've never ever seen him play.

My comments are directed at the fact that people like yourself seem to have the hubris to think that their assessment of a player is definitive while the facts surrounding the general assessment of the player suggest a counter view. I would argue just as strongly against somebody who declares definitively that he will be a bust.

I am not a "doubter". Being a doubter would suggest that the standard view is that he is going to be great & that I doubt that general assessment. People who thought Luck would fail would be considered doubters.....people who think that since every team in the league had their doubts on a player(being selected in the 4th round) that that player's chance to become a star is doubtful are being reasonably objective.

He may well become a superstar.....and if he does you can feel good about your assessments. Until that happens your dogmatic adherence to the views that he "WILL" be a star will remain to be unrealistic.

• 2 weeks later...

In the thread you created titled "Trade for Kirk Cousins"....................................brilliant.

Well, when created, he didnt realize it was a month or more past the trade deadline so a lot of the initial gusts have long been out of the sails. If it were just a "cousins is a decent qb" thread, it does make for good talk.

In the thread you created titled "Trade for Kirk Cousins"....................................brilliant.

How are you with dates?

Well, when created, he didnt realize it was a month or more past the trade deadline so a lot of the initial gusts have long been out of the sails. If it were just a "cousins is a decent qb" thread, it does make for good talk.

Bingo.