playoff scenario thread.

djp14150

KC over Indy week 16 is the only game I think couldn't happen, but thanks for doing this. I have printed out this sheet and will root accordingly! :beer::thumbsup:

KC ended GB's perfect season last year. I'm just saying. B-) IMO, Indy is a very beatable football team. They got smoked by the Jets. They have a horseshoe up their butt. Of course, the power of Chuckstrong and cute bald cheerleaders will be tough to beat.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I find all this playoff talk incredibly amusing. We have two VERY difficult games coming up against St. Louis and Seattle. I would be absolutely ecstatic if we can put together TWO very strong performances against two teams playing very good football right now. We beat the Rams and Seahawks on successive weekends, and THAT will finally be progress for this team. We are NOT a playoff team, because we have NO downfield passing game. I think the lack of any real passing game will be thoroughly exposed these next two weeks because St Louis and Seattle will load up bigtime to stop the run. We will have to try and run, but to win either game, we will have to be able to throw some. And that will be difficult to accomplish...However, I would hope that our defense will continue to improve, and hopefully at least put us in a position to have a chance to win both of these games. So lets be realistic and hope we can start to walk before thinking we are running marathons. Go Bills.

Wow, I find all this playoff talk incredibly amusing. We have two VERY difficult games coming up against St. Louis and Seattle. I would be absolutely ecstatic if we can put together TWO very strong performances against two teams playing very good football right now. We beat the Rams and Seahawks on successive weekends, and THAT will finally be progress for this team. We are NOT a playoff team, because we have NO downfield passing game. I think the lack of any real passing game will be thoroughly exposed these next two weeks because St Louis and Seattle will load up bigtime to stop the run. We will have to try and run, but to win either game, we will have to be able to throw some. And that will be difficult to accomplish...However, I would hope that our defense will continue to improve, and hopefully at least put us in a position to have a chance to win both of these games. So lets be realistic and hope we can start to walk before thinking we are running marathons. Go Bills.

No one realistically thinks the Bills are making the playoffs. But they are not eliminated either. One week at a time.

PTR

Bingo - they'll probably miss the playoffs by 1 game and they can all look back to the end of that Titans game and wonder. They would have been 4-4 going into the bye and have a little momentum.

Honestly, I wasn't going to concern myself with Indy...they were really 4 games ahead of the Bills with the tiebreaker, so jumping ahead of them would be next to impossible.

Colts still have to play Houston twice. They lose those and one more, it could get interesting. Of course one of those games will be the last game of the season and Houston may rest all of their starters.

Edited by Rockinon

Colts still have to play Houston twice. They lose those and one more, it could get interesting. Of course one of those games will be the last game of the season and Houston may rest all of their starters.

Because we lost to Indy, they need to lose all 4 for us to get above them.

But we can still get ahead of the Bengals or Steelers. Not saying it's happening. Just the math.

PTR

I know. I was responding to that specific Indy case. I hope to see the Bengals and Steelers fall apart, but if anything they seem to be improving. I can see Dallas taking them both down, but can the Eagles beat the Bengals? Can the Chargers or Browns beat the Steelers? I'm so upset they both came back last week. Things would be so much better now.

So this loss was as demoralizing to me as it was to anybody. So many terrible losses this year. I'm surprised I'm not numb to it already. However, with Cincy and Pitt losing doesn't that give us a minute chance of making the playoffs still. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 5-11. But, aren't the odds still there with them losing?

So this loss was as demoralizing to me as it was to anybody. So many terrible losses this year. I'm surprised I'm not numb to it already. However, with Cincy and Pitt losing doesn't that give us a minute chance of making the playoffs still. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 5-11. But, aren't the odds still there with them losing?

Please stop

with pitt and cincy losing, the bills still have a chance. extremely unlikely but they are still alive! if they can win out with cincy and pitt losing 2 games, they should be in.

lol cheers

I hope you are kidding, if not you are an idiot. Miami and the Jets are better teams.

Playoff scenarios updated after the 1pm games.....

I'm going to assume Miami loses to San Fran....I am also going to assume baltimore wins one more game and will win the division

Baltimore has almost clinched a playoff spot.....the only way they wouldnt would be if CIN-PITweek 16 game ends in a tie. IF CIN-PIT ends with a team winning BAL will not fall below second place and thus with a worst case 8-4 conference record they would get a WC spot.

It will be down to 4 teams in the AFC for 2 spots:

Indy 9-4

PIT 7-6 beat jets and CIN (they play again in week 16)

CIN 7-6

JETS 6-7 beat indy

INDY has not clinched. If they lose out they will likely lose tiebreakers of head to head or conference record. A win and they clinch. As I said a long time ago...10 wins means wild card.

If you want an interesting race I guess you need to root for NE beating HOU on monday thus making Houston needing to play out the rest of the season.

IF MIA was to pull a big time upset today....it will be harder for them because of their conference record. They beat CIN but lost to IND. Their scenario is for them and CIN both in 2nd place in their divisions tied at 9-7 with IND 10 wins or more. A three way tie at 9-7 with IND will hurt then because CIN then gets in based on conference record, then IND gets in because of beating MIA.

For the NFC ....its gotten murkier.....

Giants lose tiebreakers with Dallas and washington if they lose to NO or if they end up tied with them in future weeks because of divisional record.

1. Atlanta

2 SF **

3. GB **

4. GIANTS **

Fror wild card:

8-5 Bears, Seahawks (assuming they win today currently up 31-0)

7-5 Giants **

7-6 WASH, DAL, MIN WAS beat MIN, DAL (play again week 17)

6.5-6.5 STL

6-7 TB

5-7 NO **

SEA beat CHI, MIN, GB, and DAL.

It could be interesting in week 17 with DAL-WAS and GB-MIN scheduled where in each the winners get the division title.. CIN-BAL also could be a game for the division title under some scenarios.

I hope you are kidding, if not you are an idiot. Miami and the Jets are better teams.

Mathematically Buffalo is still alive......Buffalo wins out, JETS & MIA lose another game (including MIa today), and CIN go 1-2, PIT go 1-2 or both go 0-2-1 where they tie, and SD lose a game.

SD has a better chance because of conference record and they have the head to head win over PIT.

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE SCENARIO....

Had SD beat CIN and BAL beat PIT last week, and BUF won today you would have 5 teams tied at 6-7 for the final wildcard slot. Then going into week 17 you could have had the scenario where nobody controlled their own fate.