Why you don't hope to win meaningless games:

JJ Watt is awesome....Maybe we should suck to draft someone like him with the first overall pick...oh wait...he was the 11 pick. Maybe we should pick a stud like Clay Mathews with a top 5 pick....Oh, wait again. He was picked with the 26th pick. Maybe we should draft a guy like Jutin Tuck with a top pick....Oh wait one more time. He was picked in the third round. The 74 pick overall.

My point is that there are players who are going to be good no matter where we pick. We just got to hope management picks the right people. I would rather win than lose.

You bring up a good point, it doesn't matter what spot we draft at we are still going to take the wrong guy :wallbash:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want a top flight guy like Luck or RG3 we should trade up and pay the price. We have been picking consistently in the top 13 picks and missing if you want a guy pay up and move up. For an RG3 or Luck I would give away three firsts in addition to a swap. Washington gave up two firsts and no one is complaining and likely never will.

The problem is I think this was a once in a lifetime thing, with two surefire guys like that, who are having even better rookie years than you could have hoped for.

The problem is I think this was a once in a lifetime thing, with two surefire guys like that, who are having even better rookie years than you could have hoped for.

Our luck it will be a time like the Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf surefire quarterbacks and you know who we will pick.

If you know their draft pick is a crapshoot, doesn't it make sense to just give in and feel good about watching the Bills win on Sundays? I tried to root against wins. I just feel better when they win. It's a DNA thing that just can't be switched off.

And let's not forget the QB's starting today that were drafted after the first 10 picks included names like Brady, Rodgers, Cutler, Kaepernick, Romo, Flacco, Dalton, Foles, & Wilson.

I'm rooting for 9-7. A solid LB and any kind of a prospect at QB in the draft. Can we please hit on a 3rd round QB next year? Who's the best QB out of the SEC? That's our guy.

I think it is dumb to hope for a week 17 loss for draft positioning in an inexact crapshoot, but to call a week 13 win a bad thing is mind boggling. We will not make the playoffs, but we are still in the playoff hunt officially and mathematically, and having the 53 guys on the roster play with some hope is more important that you realize to build a winning team. And finding a way to get to the first non-losing season in a long long time at 8-8 or 9-7 would be a big stepping stone as well.

And as people have stated, there is no Luck in this draft, and if there were we would be a long way from being close to getting him. We have to hope there is a Brees, Rodgers, Dalton, Kaepernick, Flacco. I'm in complete agreement JPS who nailed it.

Our luck it will be a time like the Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf surefire quarterbacks and you know who we will pick.

But, my memory of that draft was that they both had question marks..........I don't remember any questions about RGIII and Luck.

Why? To what end?

Theyre NOT gonna make the playoffs. I'll tell you what's gonna happen. They're gonna win the next three, and have everyone all hot and bothered and then they'll get SMOKED by the Jets last week of the season. Taking odds, now.

I don't think The Bills can beat Seattle, or Miami on the road...They're just too inconsistent, and the injuries are piling up now...We'll see though, you're probably right... B-)

they are meaningless...unless you lose them then it's look at our record and we couldn't even beat a bad Jacksonville team etc.

A hundred times this. The game is meaningless when we win, if we lose "this team sux fire everyone i hate this team wah im never coming back to this board wah." Honestly, I thought this was Two Bills Drive, not Two B**** Drive.

A hundred times this. The game is meaningless when we win, if we lose "this team sux fire everyone i hate this team wah im never coming back to this board wah." Honestly, I thought this was Two Bills Drive, not Two B**** Drive.

:)

Agree

I remember some members ofour bills backers club cheering for the Bills to lose during the season that resulted in the Mike Williams pick. How did that top five draft pick work out for us. . . Or for that matter would you rather have Dareus or K. Williams at this point.

At this point we just just take any wins we can get, forget the draft..

This.

I don't care if they're playing the Jets' practice squad, it's still a win. I never want them to lose out to get a better draft pick. It's just silly, stupid, idiotic, and moronic to want your favorite team to lose.

It's not like I'm expecting a miracle run to the playoffs, but I'll enjoy watching to see if it can happen. Besides...if it does, then nobody will be talking about the Bills having the longest playoff-less streak in the NFL.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Other teams have wins against crappy teams and they count but when the Bills do it the games don't count because they should have beaten the team anyway.

Other teams struggle through portions of the season but when the Bills do it fans want to lose out for a better draft pick while the team is still mathematically alive for the playoffs!

Other teams regularly draft in the later part of the rounds with great success but the Bills could never do that.

Other teams have made the playoffs at 9-7 (heck the last 2 sb winners were 9-7) but the Bills are so far away they can't even sniff the playoffs (even though they can still possibly finish 9-7.

Other teams have been blown out by the Texans and 49ers but when the Bills do it it's because no one on the team deserves to play in the NFL.

Other teams fail on last second drives but when the Bills do it it's because Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst qb in the league.

Other teams qbs miss passes and have bad games but when Ryan Fitzpatrick does it it's because he is the worst qb in the league.

Lastly I understand the frustration of the last 12 years but each year needs to be viewed in a vacuum. The Bills have shown improvement this year and I'd like to see it continue. For all of the people that want to blow it up and start over what happens if the hires are worse? What happens if the draft pick busts? What happens if Fitz is better than the qb that is brought in? The Bills are not that far away and have been building themselves up the last few years - why would anyone want to see this destroyed? Why would anyone ignore the improvements and ask for this to be blown up and start over?

I just don't get it.

Yes, the Seattle Seahawks tanked really good last year to draft Russell Wilson, oh wait, the Bills had a chance to draft Russell but the calling to draft another smallish WR in TJ Graham was too strong.

Or yes, the year the Bills had a deal in place to move up and drat Big Ben, yes that was all because we won a meaningless game at the end of the year.

Its funny, I want the Bills to tank this year for a guy like Manti Te'O more then the QB's at the top of this draft.

JJ Watt is awesome....Maybe we should suck to draft someone like him with the first overall pick...oh wait...he was the 11 pick. Maybe we should pick a stud like Clay Mathews with a top 5 pick....Oh, wait again. He was picked with the 26th pick. Maybe we should draft a guy like Jutin Tuck with a top pick....Oh wait one more time. He was picked in the third round. The 74 pick overall.

My point is that there are players who are going to be good no matter where we pick. We just got to hope management picks the right people. I would rather win than lose.

Any of those guys QB's? The vast majority of elite QB's in the NFL who get to the playoffs, are taken typically in the top 10 of the first round. It's much more nuanced than just getting great players. It's about getting the players where this team needs them. And right now they need a QB.

Any of those guys QB's? The vast majority of elite QB's in the NFL who get to the playoffs, are taken typically in the top 10 of the first round. It's much more nuanced than just getting great players. It's about getting the players where this team needs them. And right now they need a QB.

Except for Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers. That's a good chunk of your elite qbs right there and none of them were even top 20 picks.

There are no clear cut #1 guys this year. Geno Smith on down all of the qbs that are coming out this year have warts.

Except for Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers. That's a good chunk of your elite qbs right there and none of them were even top 20 picks.

There are no clear cut #1 guys this year. Geno Smith on down all of the qbs that are coming out this year have warts.

What people don't realize is that having the Bills wait to take a QB around pick 15-20 is actually a good thing. There's a huge difference using a top five pick on a QB and using one many selections lower. The risk factor decreases greatly if a mid first round is a swing and a miss. Not so with a top five QB pick.

http://profootballta...t-overall-pick/

"even though the Chiefs, Jaguars, Raiders and Eagles all might consider drafting a quarterback — this year’s draft doesn’t appear to have a quarterback worthy of the first overall pick. The two quarterbacks most often mentioned as the best prospects for 2013, West Virginia’s Geno Smith and USC’s Matt Barkley, both saw their stock decline with inconsistent play down the stretch this season."

Edited by 1billsfan