Why you don't hope to win meaningless games:

Two words: ANDREW LUCK.

God damn it, Buffalo, you need to quit winning when your season is over or we'll NEVER get out of this hell of mediocrity.

Is Luck available in this draft? Is RGIII? No; we have a strong class of DTs, DEs, and 3-4 OLBs. Let the team see what they have, and let's hope we draft WELL, not high.

The Bills are one game out of the wild card.

How is this a meaningless game??????

I mean I don't think they're going to make it but the sixth seed Steelers have 6 wins and aren't getting anymore until Big Ben comes back and the Bills have 5 wins.

Yeah, but now Buddy and Chan can claim some level of victory and put off any real changes.

This was playoff year, according to them, not 6-10 or 7-9 year.

Also, there is a word of difference between being a 7 win team and a 9 or 10 win team.

I mean I don't think they're going to make it but the sixth seed Steelers have 6 wins and aren't getting anymore until Big Ben comes back and the Bills have 5 wins.

I agree that Buffalo won't make it despite, I'm guessing, 3 more wins on the year, but the 6 seed will be Cincy, not Pitt.

Yeah, but now Buddy and Chan can claim some level of victory and put off any real changes.

This was playoff year, according to them, not 6-10 or 7-9 year.

Also, there is a word of difference between being a 7 win team and a 9 or 10 win team.

Didn't you hear, Buddy, now says, "taking the next step" does not equate to making the playoffs.

If only we could've split nyj, Indy, Tennessee and Arizona. 2-2 against those instead of 1-3 would've been HUGE.

Lets keep winning!

Why? To what end?

Theyre NOT gonna make the playoffs. I'll tell you what's gonna happen. They're gonna win the next three, and have everyone all hot and bothered and then they'll get SMOKED by the Jets last week of the season. Taking odds, now.

God damn it, Buffalo, you need to quit winning when your season is over or we'll NEVER get out of this hell of mediocrity.

Stop with that, as silly as it sounds, why not enjoy the potential of a miracle "run" to a wildcard playoff birth and root for the Chargers to beat the Bengals and the Ravens to beat the Steelers. The QB class this year is horrid and the offseason is long enough as it is.

If the Bills continue to play like they did today they will be hard to beat.

Edited by 1billsfan

Why? To what end?

Theyre NOT gonna make the playoffs. I'll tell you what's gonna happen. They're gonna win the next three, and have everyone all hot and bothered and then they'll get SMOKED by the Jets last week of the season. Taking odds, now.

You can watch other teams if you want. If your two options are hope they lose out, or a repeat of the Pittsburgh debacle.... Why spend time and energy on the team?

You do not need to draft early to get your franchise QB. Look at Kelly and Marino.

Stop with that, as silly as it sounds, why not enjoy the potential of a miracle "run" to a wildcard playoff birth and root for the Chargers to beat the Bengals and the Ravens to beat the Steelers. The QB class this year is horrid and the offseason is long enough as it is.

LOL. Yeah, the Bills beat one of the worst teams in the league, and it's playoff time.

Only in Buffalo.

Sorry Bills fans, but this is exactly what you get with a mediocre team. Jauron perfected it, and Gailey is now learning how to be mediocre. 7-9 here we come :thumbsup:

They will do just enough to keep there jobs and we will be in the same position next year at this time with the same people and nothing will change. Then after another crap season next year we will change coaches realize we shoulda made some changes now and will repeat cycle for another 3 or 4 years. Being a bills fan same story every year.

They will do just enough to keep there jobs and we will be in the same position next year at this time with the same people and nothing will change. Then after another crap season next year we will change coaches realize we shoulda made some changes now and will repeat cycle for another 3 or 4 years. Being a bills fan same story every year.

This sums it up nicely. We can easily go 8-8 and this will give Buddy cover to keep everyone around for another year of crappiness.

LOL. Yeah, the Bills beat one of the worst teams in the league, and it's playoff time.

Only in Buffalo.

The NFL is a weird and wacky league. A team can go on a winning streak at any time. Our schedule says to me that beating the Rams, Seahawks, Dolphins and Jets is a doable proposition. Maybe it's 20-25%, but at least it's something to still hold on to. They still might not make the wildcard, but I'm hoping they do it anyways so we can have a positive outlook for the 2013 season.

LOL big time at the people who think this team is going to make the post season. Maybe, MAYBE we win 1 out of the last 4 games.

They beat a very bad Jaguar team at home today coached by Mike Mularkey..... Big flippin deal.

Dude, they played the friggin Jaguars, not the Patriots, Texans or Ravens..... LOL!

If we want a top flight guy like Luck or RG3 we should trade up and pay the price. We have been picking consistently in the top 13 picks and missing if you want a guy pay up and move up. For an RG3 or Luck I would give away three firsts in addition to a swap. Washington gave up two firsts and no one is complaining and likely never will.

Someone on this board once said that this type of thinking only facilitates a loser's mentality in this organization. I still don't know whether I buy that or not...

It doesn't. First, we are not players. None of us here are Bills players, so our thinking on this board could not possibly have any effect on the Bills players' mentality. Second, the Bills are notorious for winning against bottom feeders this time of the year (and losing to the 2nd/3rd stringers of playoff-bound teams too). So far, this "winning" apparently has had no positive effect on the likelihood of winning during earlier parts of the season.

Someone on this board once said that this type of thinking only facilitates a loser's mentality in this organization. I still don't know whether I buy that or not...

Give it another 13 years of somewhere between 6-10 to 8-8 with no playoffs and re-evaluate which type of thinking makes more sense.

JJ Watt is awesome....Maybe we should suck to draft someone like him with the first overall pick...oh wait...he was the 11 pick. Maybe we should pick a stud like Clay Mathews with a top 5 pick....Oh, wait again. He was picked with the 26th pick. Maybe we should draft a guy like Jutin Tuck with a top pick....Oh wait one more time. He was picked in the third round. The 74 pick overall.

My point is that there are players who are going to be good no matter where we pick. We just got to hope management picks the right people. I would rather win than lose.