would you rather win out or loss out.

191 members have voted

1. 1. What scenario would you prefer?

• win out, go 9-7 have a winning record, hope things fall into place and and have a chance at the playoffs where anything can happen..
    • lose out, go 4-12 and have a top 10 draft pick again.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow. I honestly don't know how any fan would root against 9-7. Especially in a year where there is no luck or rg3.

This should have been a public poll so we can see who said what.

The Bills do not currently have a team capable of winning the Super Bowl. Nor will they win the Super Bowl until upgrades occur at a number of positions; most notably quarterback. If the goal is to win the Super Bowl, you have to ask yourself which path is the more likely to get you there.

The Bills do not currently have a team capable of winning the Super Bowl. Nor will they win the Super Bowl until upgrades occur at a number of positions; most notably quarterback. If the goal is to win the Super Bowl, you have to ask yourself which path is the more likely to get you there.

Ahhhh yes......but you risk not be considered a REAL fan.

Am I right all you REAL Bills fans?

great question...

9-7 ......2 teams made the playoffs last year with 9-7, one team made playoffs at 8-8.

4-12......last year that would get you a Top 5 draft pick......

i pick 9-7 every time....

as i was leaving the stadium today, i could hear someone yelling ....9 & 7 BABY !!!

Ahhhh yes......but you risk not be considered a REAL fan.

Am I right all you REAL Bills fans?

Yes, the troll is right! Only certain posters here can determine who can be fans of this crappy team. The hierarchy based on squatters rights on who has been on the shoutbox the longest and remembers the most banned posters. Myself, I was googling teams swirling the drain and this forum was the site that came up when I clicked the "I'm feeling lucky button."

Edited by benderbender

I am ashamed at all the short term goals here..... is a 9-7 wild card game that we would get blown out in, worth the possibility of missing on a true franchise player (at any position). If winning the super bowl, or making a very late post season run isnt an almost certainty, than I will take the superior talent in the draft.

The idea of being a perenial winner as opposed to one playoff loss and 9 more years off missing is sickening. This is why the draft rewards the crappy teams, parity in the league. The 8-8'ish'ness of this team over the years has kept us in the cellar.

Winning crappy meaningless late season games, that nobody gets to watch. Dammit i wish we knew when to lose!!

Losing out does nothing to help this team. The playoffs are still a possibility (albeit a small one) and I want this team to fight for every game til the end of the year. Please spare me from the responses that are only trying to piss in everyone's Cheerios. There's 31 other teams out there for you guys to watch.

I am ashamed at all the short term goals here..... is a 9-7 wild card game that we would get blown out in, worth the possibility of missing on a true franchise player (at any position). If winning the super bowl, or making a very late post season run isnt an almost certainty, than I will take the superior talent in the draft.

The idea of being a perenial winner as opposed to one playoff loss and 9 more years off missing is sickening. This is why the draft rewards the crappy teams, parity in the league. The 8-8'ish'ness of this team over the years has kept us in the cellar.

Winning crappy meaningless late season games, that nobody gets to watch. Dammit i wish we knew when to lose!!

how do teams like Pit, Balt & NE keep finding talent without picking in the top half of draft ?

For every Joe Montana, there's a Tom Cousineau; for every Tom Brady, a Courtney Brown.

It goes without saying that a high draft pick does not guarantee a quality NFL player.

(So why am I saying it??? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: )

GO BILLSSS!!!!

13 and 7 baby!!!!! :beer:

what is gained in terms of team success and locker room is far greater than the difference between the 10th and 15th pick in the draft. there are generally pretty good linebackers in the mid to bottom of the first round. 8-8 would mean we are getting better and players can buy into that, not 14 years of garbage

you should be ashamed of this logic. we need to see the long term, and blow the rest of the season, just like every other successful team....just like indy, and..... name another one? hows st. louis doing as what seems to be a perennial top 3 draft pick every year as of late. since the greatest show on turf, they have been cruising secretly stock-piling talent, waiting for the perfect moment to go 16-0?

Would 8-8 or 9-7 only beating other really bad teams really be a success?

So far their 5 wins are against

Kansas City

Cleveland

Arizona

Miami

Jacksonville

They have a combined record of 16-43. Let's say the Bills run the table. Would anybody really be proud of a 9-7 record beating 8 sub-.500 teams, still missing the playoffs and allowing Nix and Gailey to call it progress? I can't believe anybody really thinks that would be a positive.

Edited by Pondslider

We're not Pitt, Balt or NE, now are we? We NEED no-brainer picks to get talent.

sorry sometimes there are tiers of players that are well defined but I don't think this is one of those years, I see maybe 5 or 6 players in the first round who fit pretty good with our needs and we will probably have our pick of three of them.