Where's the props for Stevie

C.Biscuit97

Stevie Johnson made what could have been a season saving play by hustling and stripping a defender of the ball. Obviously, it didn't save the season but I'm surprised no one has given him props. A lot of fans loved to tear him down after his celebration and Pittsburgh drop. It's funny how there's less made for his positive contributions.

Stevie Johnson is one of the best things to happen to the Bills in a long time. He is always open and plays well against the best cbs. He is a great community guy and reps Buffalo to the fullest. He is always honest and has played through injury all season and not complained once. So in another lost season, let's recognize one of the best Bills in a long time. To Stevie and the hope he gets a QB (who hasn't bashed once when a lot of other wrs would have) who can constantly get him the ball!!! :beer:

Stevie Johnson made what could have been a season saving play by hustling and stripping a defender of the ball. Obviously, it didn't save the season but I'm surprised no one has given him props. A lot of fans loved to tear him down after his celebration and Pittsburgh drop. It's funny how there's less made for his positive contributions.

Stevie Johnson is one of the best things to happen to the Bills in a long time. He is always open and plays well against the best cbs. He is a great community guy and reps Buffalo to the fullest. He is always honest and has played through injury all season and not complained once. So in another lost season, let's recognize one of the best Bills in a long time. To Stevie and the hope he gets a QB (who hasn't bashed once when a lot of other wrs would have) who can constantly get him the ball!!! :beer:

Yes, that was a great play, running down the defender, stripping the ball, and then recovering the fumble. The type of play a 'good' team would have taken advantage of to take that game away from the opponent. I also appreciate SJ's refreshing honesty in speaking up about the 'situation'.

first back to back to back in a Bills Uni. I really hope the find a way to get him the ball that much

4 catches for 60 yards a game, with 3 tds in 5 games would spot him at pretty much identical numbers to last year.

not the best 3 year run, but i appreciate the consistency and ability to play through injury that hes shown. seems hes been beat up a lot in that time.

If he had celebrated after I would have enjoyed it alot more

:w00t: Then, he would have got a 15 yard penalty and there would be a 10+ page thread on how selfish SJ is.

I just hope we don't waste his entire career like we did to lee Evans and Eric moulds.

Can't lie, I thought the same thing. IMO, if Fitz could consistently get him the ball when he was open, he could be a borderline top 10 receiver. And that's without a true #2 on the other side. I don't know how you measure it but SJ's ability to get open has to be one of the best in the league.

Stevie is one of my favorite players on the team, also a fan favorite, so he gets props. He also is a perfect fit in this system with this qb. He doesnt have deep speed so short/middle routes are perfect for him and Fitz cant seem to connect on deep plays, so...... We need more WR talent and a QB that can throw deep. I would love to see us pickup a good #2 WR like Bowe or someone tall that can jump up and challenge for the ball, so many games I watch other QBs throw it up for grabs, most times incomplete, sometimes caught or defensive pass interference is called, nice 50 yard gain. ON 3RD AND 15 JUST THROW THE F-----N BALL BALL 50 YARDS DOWNFIELD (if 1st down isnt available) SEE WHAT HAPPENS

SJ has become a leader, is talented and loyal. He also produces consistently, first jersey I've bought since Sam Cowart was here.

I've always been on the "I hope he matures a little bandwagon, and he doesn't have elite skills" but I am a big fan. Likewise have my sj13 jersey.

Well said and I agree 100%.

That was an excellent play, and great hustle on Stevie's part for sure. He still has some areas of his game to work on, he drops way too many balls, but he has become a very good route runner, and has had to put up with Fitz trying to get the ball to him. One of the few bright spots on this team.

props to SJ for everything he has done this season (occasional drops aside)...hes shown maturity leaps and bounds beyond last year

You are 100% correct. I do wonder though, if there are some unknown to us fans, clauses in that big contract extension that is encouraging him to be more mature?

You are 100% correct. I do wonder though, if there are some unknown to us fans, clauses in that big contract extension that is encouraging him to be more mature?

dont care. if incentive is creating habit than so be it. its good habits that hes picking up and learning.

Stevie is really stepping up and showing he can be the guy everyone was worried he wasnt. I find myself impressed by his attitude and his interviews. Not one penalty this year for celebrations. I only wish he had the wheels to get the deep ball to the house, and had a few less drops, but his heart and attitude are tops.