Where's the props for Stevie

C.Biscuit97

Stevie Johnson made what could have been a season saving play by hustling and stripping a defender of the ball. Obviously, it didn't save the season but I'm surprised no one has given him props. A lot of fans loved to tear him down after his celebration and Pittsburgh drop. It's funny how there's less made for his positive contributions.

I agree, that play showed great hustle. He could very easily have just given up on it.

But it makes me wonder about the mentality of football players in general sometimes.

Even my 11 year old daughter commented during that play after the interception, "why doesn't he just lay down and end the game?".

Edited by CodeMonkey

I agree, that play showed great hustle. He could very easily have just given up on it.

But it makes me wonder about the mentality of football players in general sometimes.

Even my 11 year old daughter commented during that play after the interception, "why doesn't he just lay down and end the game?".

Stupid Notre Dame guy. :w00t: But honestly as defensive player, you want to run with the ball if you get a chance too.

I've always been on the "I hope he matures a little bandwagon, and he doesn't have elite skills" but I am a big fan. Likewise have my sj13 jersey.

Good to hear. It's crazy though he's like 25, married and has a couple of kids. He's pretty mature. Personally, I think refs should judge the celebration. If it's bad, give a 15 yard penalty. If it's good, no penalty. SJ's celebrations were funny. And after years of boring, nice guys, isn't it nice to have a guy with swagger and personality?

That was an excellent play, and great hustle on Stevie's part for sure. He still has some areas of his game to work on, he drops way too many balls, but he has become a very good route runner, and has had to put up with Fitz trying to get the ball to him. One of the few bright spots on this team.

Stevie is really stepping up and showing he can be the guy everyone was worried he wasnt. I find myself impressed by his attitude and his interviews. Not one penalty this year for celebrations. I only wish he had the wheels to get the deep ball to the house, and had a few less drops, but his heart and attitude are tops.

Not in the top 20 this year for drops

Not in the top 10 for the last 3 years before this season.

Honestly he doesn't drop the ball. Yes there are some glaring ones (Pitt game namely) but enough is enough with this tbd myth. I think sometimes people (not calling you 2 out) forget that NO player in the NFL is perfect. Every NFL receiver drops some balls. No player at any position is infallible. Drew Brees threw 5 interceptions last night!

edit: how funny that a post defending Stevie is my 1300th :flirt:

Edited by section122

That was a great play by SJ. He's having an OK year considering how many times he's been targeted but I don't think his completion percentage is great.

In preseason he was awful, tons of missed routes and passes (im sure some were Fitz inaccuracy but some were obviously on Stevie)

He got better for sure, and has had some amazing plays but it seems like he and Fitz still aren't as tight on the field as they have been in the past.

I've wondered if SJ's unorthodox style that gets him so much separation also makes it tough for a QB to hit timing routes.

His double move against indy was sweet. He was setting that one up for weeks.

Stevie struggled right along with Fitz.

But i feel strongly that SJ has really matured this season as a Buffalo Bill.

He speaks well and plays even better.

If we had deep threat passer Johnson's numbers would be much better.

And his route running is great fun to watch for sure !

I am a big fan of his nowadays.

Go Stevie.

Good OP brother ! :thumbsup:

Yes, that was a great play, running down the defender, stripping the ball, and then recovering the fumble. The type of play a 'good' team would have taken advantage of to take that game away from the opponent. I also appreciate SJ's refreshing honesty in speaking up about the 'situation'.

I disagree. Stevie shouldn't even admit to knowing who "The Situation" is.

Stevie is an average WR.

BIG PROPS FOR HIM DOING AN AVERAGE JOB! :thumbsup::rolleyes:

This word; I don't think it means what you think it means.

I disagree. Stevie shouldn't even admit to knowing who "The Situation" is.

This word; I don't think it means what you think it means.

I know what it means.....It means that Stevie is an average NFL receiver doing an AVERAGE NFL RECEIVERs JOB!

Nothing more, nothing less.

STEVIE HIGHLIGHTS.....

Dropped pass in Pitt

Dropped pass in Cincy

15 Yard Celebration Penalties

3rd down completions short of first down

Useless Touchdowns when game is lost or out of hand

AND...

AND...

1 GREAT GAME AGAINTS REVIS in 2011!