theesir

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From today's media day...

http://wgr550.com/Bi...the-fu/14892460

What have we as Bills fans done to deserve this? :bag::wallbash::sick:

I sorrowfully have to agree to this. I want the Bills to draft the right QB. A lock pick. We need to get a Luck or RG3. If Geno Smith is that guy coming into the 2013 Draft, then we should go get him, if not, so be it. I can wait till 2014 to make that move, heck we waited this long...

My Lord, what is he supposed to say? Fitz sucks but he is my my starter for now?

Gailey still trying to win games, he needs his QB to help him do that

Thats easy to say that, but having seen how he calls plays, he clearly believes every word he just said as he hangs his hat on Fitz every game and under uses the true talent on this team...the RB's.

I sorrowfully have to agree to this. I want the Bills to draft the right QB. A lock pick. We need to get a Luck or RG3. If Geno Smith is that guy coming into the 2013 Draft, then we should go get him, if not, so be it. I can wait till 2014 to make that move, heck we waited this long...

and then what do we do when the 2014 draft class at qb is similar? bench fitz now, quit wasting everyones time

He didn't have to say anything.

If they asked him about Fitz he should have said that Fitz needs to improve and is working on hard on at getting better.

Fitz is a big boy he can take it but don't feed us a line of BS. If he really does believe it then we are sunk until these guys are out of here.

You hit it 100%. Plus, Chan is not helping himself retain his job or look good to a future team by making such idiotic comments.

I posted this elsewhere, but said it somewhat different. A "stud" QB isn't going to solve anything. As long as Gailey is calling in the plays from the sideline and the QB isn't allowed to audible to change them, we're going to see the same result. As long as you give one of the best runners in the NFL only 10-15 carries a game (Spiller) in favor of throwing the ball 40 times, we're going to see the same result. It's easy to blame the player, but sometimes you have to dig deeper to see the real problem.

Thats easy to say that, but having seen how he calls plays, he clearly believes every word he just said as he hangs his hat on Fitz every game and under uses the true talent on this team...the RB's.

Exactly. The proof is his actions. He not only thinks Fitz is the starter, but the "star" of the offense. He is a game manager at best. The RB's need to see the ball more. Everyone but Chan gets this. If the Bills want to sell any tickets this year for the rest of the games they should fire Chan, start the search for next season, and start TJ.

I posted this elsewhere, but said it somewhat different. A "stud" QB isn't going to solve anything. As long as Gailey is calling in the plays from the sideline and the QB isn't allowed to audible to change them, we're going to see the same result. As long as you give one of the best runners in the NFL only 10-15 carries a game (Spiller) in favor of throwing the ball 40 times, we're going to see the same result. It's easy to blame the player, but sometimes you have to dig deeper to see the real problem.

It's not mutually exclusive. They are both the problem. Also, if the Bills had a QB like Ben Rothlesburger or Peyton Manning that would mask a good deal of Chan's terrible 3rd and 1 pass calls as they could scramble or hit an open receiver instead of over/underthrowing them.

Ugh... We just can't win here.

Buddy Nix wants to stay the course, and doesn't want to fire Chan.

Chan still thinks Fitz is the answer at quarterback.

If Ralph steps in and forces a change, he will continue to reinforce his reputation as a medler who won't let his football personnel do their job.

what else is he supposed to say today? the only other option is TJ (which i wouldnt mind) but even that isnt truly a big step up.

hopefully its window dressing to get through the season and they pull the trigger in the spring.

I hear what you're saying...But Gailey was not just referring to today...He was clearly referring to the future...Why he is talking about the QB of the future, or near future, right now is beyond me...To be honest I think Gailey is having a bit of a meltdown at this point ...And he used the incredibly stupid phrase "If we continue to get better..." It was just the same old Gailey garbage...I used to really back this HC...But I'm so done with him... B-)

WOW!!! what a freaking moron, he must be just trying to soothe Fitzys feelings so he can get the team through the season.

There is no way he can think Fitz is the future, if he does he is going on blind faith which is no faith at all and needs to be replaced immediately!

Ralph please sell the team.

What do you expect him to say? Cut his QB off at the knees in the middle of the season? How does that help? I doubt any of us has any idea what he really thinks. He is playing with cards he is dealt. Fitz is the best and only option on the roster for now.