Boycott??

JPS

I think I was one of about 18,000 at Rich Stadium in 1985, when they got one of their two wins of the season, against the Oilers. Shut em out if I recall!!! Now, everyone says they were there! :lol:

NOTHING can top when I sat in that stadium in the 80s, by myself, in freezing rain, to watch the Bills lose to Chicago 6-0. I never went back.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50,000 is a stretch. It's sad, but I'm happy that the remaining home games will be blacked out thus allowing me to concentrate on good games. Last week, w/ no Bill's game, my Sunday was fantastic. I watched good football all day, the Red Zone channel was switching rapid fire style between the three concurrent overtime games and I wasn't exposed to the futility known as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I did the same and I couldn"t AGREE more !!! :beer::thumbsup:

When I went to Bills games in the 80's there where walk outs every game. Not protests but boredom. No one cared.

That's the Problem if nobody cares how is anything going to get better, us fans need to start hitting Mr Wilson's bottom line "Money" By stop buying tickets & merchandise until he make major changes by hiring a real GM & Head Coach

That's the Problem if nobody cares how is anything going to get better, us fans need to start hitting Mr Wilson's bottom line "Money" By stop buying tickets & merchandise until he make major changes by hiring a real GM & Head Coach

I haven't bought a ticket to a game in nearly 30 years, and I haven't bought any merchandise in almost as long. The franchise still sucks. You got a Plan B?

NOTHING can top when I sat in that stadium in the 80s, by myself, in freezing rain, to watch the Bills lose to Chicago 6-0. I never went back.

Walter Payton....1 yard over the top. Same game??? I say that because I often refer to that day as the coldest of my life. I think I was wearing Chuck Taylors. Just awful.

Not unprecedented. There have been years where it was way worse. 1977- 3 games had attendance in the 20,000's. 1985- 0 sellouts. Opener had 67,000 and 4 of the last 5 home games had less than 30,000. Houston game had 21,000 and even the Miami game only had 50,000. Last year, the finale against Denver, the attendance was 45,112 but it was a Saturday and it was Christmas Eve. 2010 finale vs NE, attendance was 68,281 and 2009 finale vs the Colts had over 69,000. By the way, that Bears game was in October 1979, there were 73,000+ people there and the final was 7-0.

This team went out and tried to better itself, adding Mario Williams and Mark Anderson - it didnt work. We are still short a couple LB's and need to stop pretending Donald Jones is an NFL player but it's not like they sat back did nothing. I would like to see them add a good LB and a veteran proven wide reciever and take another swing at it. - support in tough times (or not) shows who you are as a person

I guess I titled this thread wrong and that's what people responded to. But my question is: Why would anyone go to the game??? Some answered it. Even if I didn't give up my season tix this year, I would eat the expense and not go.

I said unprecedented and I believe it. I think the stadium is half full at best. More likely a third. The Bills will message the numbers, but there's very little reason to watch this team in potentially bad weather against other bad teams.

Sorry but going proves nothing. I have three games left and won't waste my time after wasting my money. This fallacy that going proves this region is legit has one fatal flaw... It's not a viable region. Economically it continues to decline and any new jobs are largely back office, low paying jobs. Population continues to decline and, a double whammy, continues to age. The NFL stadium exeprience is a young, relatively young person's event. The older crowd, and I don't blame them, isn't up for the BS in the stands.

Let's be honest about what Buffalo is. Let's also be honest about what the NFL is... A sport with owners more focused on growing the game (see profit at all costs) than making what it has better. Bigger is better to them and that means getting teams in large markets when possible (like an ownership change for example) and putting expansion teams in stupid places (London) just

For the sake of short term gains rather than long term sustainability.

My feeling, some because of contacts I have in local govt, the rest from my realistic understanding of what Buffalo is and isn't and how that doesn't fit the NFL ideal, tells me this team is gone. The lease is dragging because of the high costs of improvements and the lack of a long term commitment by the team. Last I heard the improvements were being scaled way back to mainly necessary repairs and minimal game day improvements. All that leads to is the realization that the county isn't willing to go all in, as they've suggested in the past, because of concerns over this owner's commitment and willingness to mke some assurances.

So not only am I to going, im not returning next season. Choose as you will, but don't think for one second that your attendance means anything.

I agree writing is on the wall. If bills staying in buffalo were a futures contract id short it.

I have to believe the lack of attendance for the final home games is going to be unprecedented. I think you'll be lucky to get 50,000 people in the stands.

My question is this: Why would anyone go see the Bills from here on out? Why would anyone watch at all??

I'm in. You are buying me tickets right?

I will be at the Jacksonville game, but only because I feel like tailgating with my son, dad and brother. I couldn't even give my tickets away anyway. this will likely be my last game this season.

Leave the snow across the border.

Normally I support a boycott fully. Lots of NY Mets fans have stayed away and I think it might be working, to some degree.

But the Bills are a different animal and the region needs to show that whore Goodell that WNY is a viable market for NFL football and a few empty games might tip the scale in favor of moving the team.

Unfortunately, this is the truth. We are attendance hostages until new ownership comes in with a plan. I live in Pittsburgh and would love to be able to see all the games, but I can't blame people for staying home when the weather is bad and the team is even worse. The Bills without a doubt have the best fans in the NFL. No other team would sell out this many games on a yearly basis after so many years of futility. Hopefully Wilson sells the team (wishful thinking, I know. I also want Bob (thanks for) Nutting to sell the Pirates. Neither will happen).

I haven't bought a ticket to a game in nearly 30 years, and I haven't bought any merchandise in almost as long. The franchise still sucks. You got a Plan B?

You didn't buy anything during the 1990's when they went to 4 straight super bowls. Odd that your so "anti-Bills" yet post on a board. Perhaps you meant last 18 years?

Sorry but going proves nothing. I have three games left and won't waste my time after wasting my money. This fallacy that going proves this region is legit has one fatal flaw... It's not a viable region. Economically it continues to decline and any new jobs are largely back office, low paying jobs. Population continues to decline and, a double whammy, continues to age. The NFL stadium exeprience is a young, relatively young person's event. The older crowd, and I don't blame them, isn't up for the BS in the stands.

Let's be honest about what Buffalo is. Let's also be honest about what the NFL is... A sport with owners more focused on growing the game (see profit at all costs) than making what it has better. Bigger is better to them and that means getting teams in large markets when possible (like an ownership change for example) and putting expansion teams in stupid places (London) just

For the sake of short term gains rather than long term sustainability.

My feeling, some because of contacts I have in local govt, the rest from my realistic understanding of what Buffalo is and isn't and how that doesn't fit the NFL ideal, tells me this team is gone. The lease is dragging because of the high costs of improvements and the lack of a long term commitment by the team. Last I heard the improvements were being scaled way back to mainly necessary repairs and minimal game day improvements. All that leads to is the realization that the county isn't willing to go all in, as they've suggested in the past, because of concerns over this owner's commitment and willingness to mke some assurances.

So not only am I to going, im not returning next season. Choose as you will, but don't think for one second that your attendance means anything.

This is totally and utterly false. The Bills do have a viable market. Say what you will about Russ Brandon's football knowledge (approaching 0), but he can market. Around 44% of Bills attendance comes from Southern ON. If you count Southern ON and the Buffalo metro region going east to Rochester, you have a top 10 city population wise. There is also enough money if you lure some CA companies to buy boxes, etc. The problem with the Buffalo economy will not be fixed until people in Albany start caring about WNY, CNY, and the rest of Upstate. That will never happen as they continue to levy taxes that destroy businesses in upstate. That said, the "Bills" still have a viable market for the reasons stated above. Attendance therefore does matter to prove its continued viability. Also, the Bills need a dome. The days where people want to go to a game to freeze are mostly gone. Attendance would be way up with a retractable-dome.

Youd kill them in concessions though! Parking too!

I don't buy anything in the stadium and I park in a private lot. If anything I would do them a favor by not attending, cause I wouldn't be blowing up the sheeters.

That said, I will be at the game on Sunday. I don't want the players to feel like I'm giving up on them. I don't feel like this year is on the players. As much as Fitz kills me, as much as Mario disappointed me for 6 weeks, as frustrated as I am with Lindell not being able to put it through the endzone, I think the reason we are not at least 6-5 right now is the coaching staff. Just like every week, I aim be the most obnoxiously loud fan in my section, because I have a sinking feeling that one of these upcoming seasons may be our last.

Edited by sodbuster

I have to believe the lack of attendance for the final home games is going to be unprecedented. I think you'll be lucky to get 50,000 people in the stands.

My question is this: Why would anyone go see the Bills from here on out? Why would anyone watch at all??

Because I like football and the Bills...

Ill be there in 2 weeks. Why? Because I love football.

Yep.

Why not do a walkout during the game, as protest over the Coaching Staff,QB & Management failures, you'd be on live TV, you know it would all over the the sports news, that's way better than a boycott.

Because:

(a) very few (if any) people will actually leave

(b) nobody else will care/notice if they do

It was only a matter of time before this dumb ass idea popped up again...Enough already...attend....dont attend, it does not matter.

Yep.

Mr. Wilson will barely notice the difference in the bottom line...the TV contract alone makes each team wildly profitable.

Wow, the annual boycott thread is here already?? My how time flies!

Ain't it grand?