Boycott??

JPS

Wow, the annual boycott thread is here already?? My how time flies!

It is sad that it deserves an annual thread. And I give those whom are going to the game a ton of credit. I can't imagine spending a cold day watching the Bills-Jags. I think if it's 36 degrees and it rains, it would be appropriate.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad that it deserves an annual thread. And I give those whom are going to the game a ton of credit. I can't imagine spending a cold day watching the Bills-Jags. I think if it's 36 degrees and it rains, it would be appropriate.

Current weather outlook is 47 with 30% chance of rain. I don't mind the cold, but rain would make a miserable day. Regardless I paid for the seasons, the tailgating is fun so I'm going.

Edited by muffmonster

I think I was one of about 18,000 at Rich Stadium in 1985, when they got one of their two wins of the season, against the Oilers. Shut em out if I recall!!! Now, everyone says they were there! :lol:

I do not claim to have been there, as I was at Sullivan Stadium that afternoon, watching the Patriots* beat the Colts.

However, I will be at The Ralph this Sunday for the Jacksonville game, and for the Rams game on Dec. 9, and - of course - on Dec.30 for Rex Ryan's last game as coach of the New Jersey Jets...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

13-7 baby!!!!! :beer:

Not that anyone cares but the NFL is an exclusive club with only 32 members. We are part of that club. San Antonio, Las Vegas, Birmingham, L.A., all awesome places, but we have an NFL team and they don't. Next time you go to a game think about how you would feel if the Bills left town.

PTR

Youd kill them in concessions though! Parking too!

Let's get a billboard thread going, and see who much people are willing to put up, to make a statement?

How much would a billboard, strategically placed, cost?

I only get 7 chances to see my favorite football team play per year. I will try to be there at every possible game I can because I love being at the games. The tailgating is fun, the atmosphere at the game is fun, and if the Bills win, the excitement of celebrating with however many fans are there is awesome. Boycotting will do nothing, especially if those boycotting already bought season tickets. I know I will have fun watching this team every chance I get.

I have to believe the lack of attendance for the final home games is going to be unprecedented. I think you'll be lucky to get 50,000 people in the stands.

My question is this: Why would anyone go see the Bills from here on out? Why would anyone watch at all??

I like snow games and may go to the Jets game. I watch because that is what I do.

Not that anyone cares but the NFL is an exclusive club with only 32

members. We are part of that club. San Antonio, Las Vegas, Birmingham, L.A., all awesome places, but we have an NFL team and they don't. Next time you go to a game think about how you would feel if the Bills left town.

PTR

So I'm going to go spend $500 to go see a Bills (loser) v Jags (loser) game in December and watch a comedy of errors in bad weather. I'm afraid when you're locked in to go see that show, the NFL has you and you get what you deserve. Why would they ever try to improve the product if the revenues are the same?

So I'm going to go spend $500 to go see a Bills (loser) v Jags (loser) game in December and watch a comedy of errors in bad weather. I'm afraid when you're locked in to go see that show, the NFL has you and you get what you deserve. Why would they ever try to improve the product if the revenues are the same?

I didn't know tickets to the Jags game were $500. :blink: You can do anything you want but understand that the Bills are not locked into Buffalo. If they suck too much for you to enjoy a day tailgating with friends then don't go. Just don't act shocked when they leave.

PTR

Good or bad it is still my team.

Everyone was excited when this year started. They spent a lot of money on theD. Dave w. was the man. Everyone thought things would be good. Just didn't work out..

Could be worse, you could be a Packers fan or an Eagles fan.

Or a jets fan.

I will not be at the game. Planed it that way months ago.

Edited by mead107

I didn't know tickets to the Jags game were $500. :blink: You can do anything you want but understand that the Bills are not locked into Buffalo. If they suck too much for you to enjoy a day tailgating with friends then don't go. Just don't act shocked when they leave.

PTR

2x275.00= Jim Kelly Club.

PTR

4 tix, parking, food, beer. I assume $100/head is average. I haven't lived in Bflo since 88. But I was flying in for 3-5 games and did have season tix until last year. It used to cost me over $1,000 to see a game.

If they are going to win 5-6 games a year, I don't care if they leave. I don't think it is reasonable to expect the good people of WNY (and Ont) to shell out $$ without occasionally putting a good product on the field. I don't think they will ever leave, but I feel no personal responsibility to keep them there. If it's entertaining to watch, I will. If not......

2x275.00= Jim Kelly Club.

Been there.....OUCH!!!

4 tix, parking, food, beer. I assume $100/head is average. I haven't lived in Bflo since 88. But I was flying in for 3-5 games and did have season tix until last year. It used to cost me over $1,000 to see a game.

If they are going to win 5-6 games a year, I don't care if they leave. I don't think it is reasonable to expect the good people of WNY (and Ont) to shell out $$ without occasionally putting a good product on the field. I don't think they will ever leave, but I feel no personal responsibility to keep them there. If it's entertaining to watch, I will. If not......

Been there.....OUCH!!!

Drive in for the weekend. = $160 (gas & tolls)

Hotel = $65

Food, drink and entertainment. = $100

Tickets = $25 (Rockpile seasons)

So even for me a weekend can run $350 but I try to include a Sabres or UB basketball game the same weekend, plus seeing friends. But the Bills themselves are the cheapest part of the trip.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Been there.....OUCH!!!

Spend between 6 & 7 hundred when wife and I go to games.

They did spend a lot of money on players this year.

Just checked the updated forecast and it now says 50% chance of showers.......looks like some of us fools are going to get wet!!!!

Internet meme material. Yo dawg, I made it rain during a Bills game. Now you can get soaked while youre getting soaked.