Donald Jones Cannot Catch

Storm Front

Me too!! Is he a great number 2? No. Could he be upgraded? Definitely. Does he suck? IMO, not even close. Seems like every other pass fitz throws nowadays, the receiver has to jump, dive or extend both arms as high as they can reach in order to catch it. He makes the term "run after the catch" very hard to do and usually very painful. And he's just bad on 3rd down. Jones is not the issue.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WR and TE are major problem areas. I can't imagine how Easley still has a locker if he can't beat out Jones.

Well when the coach has blinders on to the players he thinks are top of the group what do we expect ? Easley needs to be put on the field & given a chance , like Jones . I have never seen what Gailey has seen in this guy i guess only he can see the good in these players ??

Players that he insists are good players Fitz , Jones , Fred over CJ , Dickerson , Martin , Mcintyre , Sheppard , Moats , these all but Fred are second rate players that could be replaced on our team yet we let guys like Carder & others go that we used draft picks on so we wasted draft picks to keep others that are still doing nothing ...

I think i will become an NFL HC -- WHY NOT ??

Well when the coach has blinders on to the players he thinks are top of the group what do we expect ? Easley needs to be put on the field & given a chance , like Jones . I have never seen what Gailey has seen in this guy i guess only he can see the good in these players ??

Players that he insists are good players Fitz , Jones , Fred over CJ , Dickerson , Martin , Mcintyre , Sheppard , Moats , these all but Fred are second rate players that could be replaced on our team yet we let guys like Carder & others go that we used draft picks on so we wasted draft picks to keep others that are still doing nothing ...

I think i will become an NFL HC -- WHY NOT ??

That much is obvious.

Also, Carder is awful, and, apparently, a terrible person.

I don't think he's an elite #2 but few teams have such a luxury. And while this coaching staff has earned the scrutiny of questioning whether they are hiding Easley when he may in fact be better, Easley has proven little on his own. Provide the evidence. I see Jones with 6 games of four catches or more, and that is with a QB who can't hit his mark very often. Not bad for a #2 receiver on a team with two premier RBs and a quality TE.

Couldn't have said it better! Donald Jones should be our 3rd or 4th option at WR.

I cannot think of one single impressive catch that Jones has made in his whole career! Can someone enlighten me?

Jones wouldn't be on the taxi squad of any other NFL team.

The middle screen near the end zone that was thrown high was a nice grab. If the ball was not so high might had been a TD. In Fitz defense he had to loft it over some d linemen.

I cannot think of one single impressive catch that Jones has made in his whole career! Can someone enlighten me?

Jones wouldn't be on the taxi squad of any other NFL team.

Ummmm, did you not see the catch that Jones made that was way over his head?

Fitz threw the ball high, Jones had to leap up and grab it and he got to the Colts 1 yard line. The Bills would then get their only TD of the game after that.

Couldn't have said it better! Donald Jones should be our 3rd or 4th option at WR.

Ok, then who would you put in at WR as the 2nd or 3rd option?

Jones is not a spectacular player, and I agree the Bills can get better at the WR position, but Jones has stepped up in David Nelson's absence.

That much is obvious.

Also, Carder is awful, and, apparently, a terrible person.

Yep. Not a very good pro football player, and not a very good person. He's young enough that he might be able to fix the second part, but I doubt that he fixes the first. It was a gamble, at an appropriate spot in the draft, that didn't pay off.

Donald Jones has been in a position to make impact catches in several recent games and has come up short. Fast, yes - but plays soft and short arms balls in traffic. He's a practice squad-er or 4th receiver on a good football team.

Ignorant post regarding a played out arguement

I think it was a fair post and a valid observation. Jones generally plays soft, rarely comes up with the tough catch, and disappears for huge stretches at a time. Sorry, average should no longer be acceptable.

I think it was a fair post and a valid observation. Jones generally plays soft, rarely comes up with the tough catch, and disappears for huge stretches at a time. Sorry, average should no longer be acceptable.

So what do you suggest the Bills do with Jones for the remainder of the season?

I didn't read through all the posts, so I apologize if I'm repeating anyone. But if Donald Jones can't catch, then why does he have as many TDs as Stevie - which is the 2nd most TDs for any Buffalo Bill? I've said this before and I'll say it again ... it's pretty tough to criticize any Buffalo WR, given the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the one on the other side of the pass-catch evolution. Is Jones perfect? No. Show me a WR in this league who doesn't have drops. But I wonder how many inaccurate passes Jones HAS hauled in. Those are the ones that people like the OP always seem to forget.

Wide Receiver is not a major problem on this team. I don't even consider it A problem.

this was brought up September of last year, he's not an NFL caliber starting wide out

Yes IMO it's old news he had a subpar 2011 and deserved all criticism. In 2012 he has played good. I have no clue what some of you are watching who are naysaying jones. He's made plays when his number has been called many times

You try to catch a pass from the ragarm wobbler......prob looks like a knuckleball comin your way, it can't be easy

Edited by Ryan L Billz

IMO DJ can develop into a decent # 2 receiver, or at least a solid starter further down the depth chart (esp if Stevie is in reality an outstanding # 2 and we still need to find a true #1 receiver). DJs ceiling is maybe just a notch below Pierre Garcon, which is not bad. Truth is he is probably a better and more useful player than Meachem, who has been a bust in SD and now replaced by Denario Alexander.

This team has more than one spot to fill in order to be fully competitive talent wise with playoff caliber opposition. But they are pretty close. The problem is at the QB position. Get a bona fide starter under centre and this offence in particular could really tear it up. It would give the D a much needed lift as well. The whole team would play better. Quite possibly much better.

Let's remember that Buddy tried to land Robert Meachem last offseason so obviously he thought an upgrade of the WR corps was in order.

How is that working out for SD? With P Rivers throwing to him Meachem has stats of 14-207-2tds. Jones has 38-410-4tds. Lucky for us Meachem excused himself at dessert to take the Charger offer

How is that working out for SD? With P Rivers throwing to him Meachem has stats of 14-207-2tds. Jones has 38-410-4tds. Lucky for us Meachem excused himself at dessert to take the Charger offer

Meachem stinks......he stunk in N.O. dropped numerous easy TD's

thanks for not signing Meach....his numbers would probably be worse than that 14-207-2tds with knuckleballer tossing to him. He is only a deep threat, and that does not exist here in Billsland.

Edited by Ryan L Billz