Donald Jones Cannot Catch

Storm Front

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones has really impressed me this season, and I have had a hard time believing in the guy until about a month ago. Again, today, Fitz hung him out to dry today. Fitz also overthrew him, SJ, and CJ wide open with open field in front of them.

DJ can play. Our quarterback cannot, with consistency.

Why is this guy continuosly trotted out onto the playing field? Has he ever caught a big pass in a game? People criticize Fitz hard all the time, but really, who besides SJ does he have to throw to?

Yes he caught a huge pass last year against New England down the sidelines over his shoulder on the winning drive and ended up with over 100 yards in the game. Have you ever made a good post in a big spot?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Why is this guy continuosly trotted out onto the playing field? Has he ever caught a big pass in a game? People criticize Fitz hard all the time, but really, who besides SJ does he have to throw to?

Uh, let's see: Chandler. Lee Smith caught a TD today. Stevie. TJ is getting open deep but overthrown to half the time. Two great running backs. No David Nelson security blanket, but give me a break.

Who has Tom Brady had to throw to all these years? One consistent target (Welker), some quality TEs, and a bunch of rotating parts. The year that Moss excelled would be the exception. Good QBs hit the open man. Fitz can locate him but can't hit the target. I love the Amish Rifle, but he's a backup.

I cannot think of one single impressive catch that Jones has made in his whole career! Can someone enlighten me?

Jones wouldn't be on the taxi squad of any other NFL team.

Uh, he was a standout in both NE games, with TDs in both. TD against the Jets. TD against Tenn. He has made great strides this season, contributing against division rivals.

Fitz has been directly responsible for plays that led to the Bills' defeat in all of those games. You need more than enlightenment.

I cannot think of one single impressive catch that Jones has made in his whole career! Can someone enlighten me?

Jones wouldn't be on the taxi squad of any other NFL team.

Trollin', Trollin',Trollin', keep those dogies trollin'!

Jones has really impressed me this season, and I have had a hard time believing in the guy until about a month ago. Again, today, Fitz hung him out to dry today. Fitz also overthrew him, SJ, and CJ wide open with open field in front of them.

DJ can play. Our quarterback cannot, with consistency.

Gotta disagree. I agree with the OP. Jones too often misses catchable balls. Very few QB's throw a perfect ball, but there are many catchable balls targeted for Jones that he simply cannot catch. Easley has got to have better hands than this guy.

Gotta disagree. I agree with the OP. Jones too often misses catchable balls. Very few QB's throw a perfect ball, but there are many catchable balls targeted for Jones that he simply cannot catch. Easley has got to have better hands than this guy.

I don't think he's an elite #2 but few teams have such a luxury. And while this coaching staff has earned the scrutiny of questioning whether they are hiding Easley when he may in fact be better, Easley has proven little on his own. Provide the evidence. I see Jones with 6 games of four catches or more, and that is with a QB who can't hit his mark very often. Not bad for a #2 receiver on a team with two premier RBs and a quality TE.

After Stevie, Donald Jones is the best we have. Talk to Buddy about that.

Maybe if David Nelson was healthy it would be different?

Ask Chan what happened to the TE.

I don't think he's an elite #2 but few teams have such a luxury. And while this coaching staff has earned the scrutiny of questioning whether they are hiding Easley when he may in fact be better, Easley has proven little on his own. Provide the evidence. I see Jones with 6 games of four catches or more, and that is with a QB who can't hit his mark very often. Not bad for a #2 receiver on a team with two premier RBs and a quality TE.

How am I supposed to provide evidence when the coaching staff continues to trot Jones out there and Easley gets zero snaps? This coaching staff wouldn't recognize a good football player if it bit them. They have C.J. for God's sake and they won't even give him the ball. And I'm supposed to trust that Jones is better than Easley because Gailey doesn't let him on the field? I have absolutely zero confidence in Gailey and I personally have witnessed Jones dropping plenty of catchable balls. And obviously, I'm not the only one, or the OP would not have started this thread.

Huh? Jones made a spectacular catch today, which set up the Bills' lone TD. Did you see that screen near the goal line. Fitz threw it 4 feet over his head, he leaped up and backwards and snagged it, and took it down to the 1-yard line.

I don't get the Jones naysayers. He is a perfectly competent #2 WR. Decent hands, good routes, and good speed.

How am I supposed to provide evidence when the coaching staff continues to trot Jones out there and Easley gets zero snaps? This coaching staff wouldn't recognize a good football player if it bit them. They have C.J. for God's sake and they won't even give him the ball. And I'm supposed to trust that Jones is better than Easley because Gailey doesn't let him on the field? I have absolutely zero confidence in Gailey and I personally have witnessed Jones dropping plenty of catchable balls. And obviously, I'm not the only one, or the OP would not have started this thread.

Well, basically this:

Huh? Jones made a spectacular catch today, which set up the Bills' lone TD. Did you see that screen near the goal line. Fitz threw it 4 feet over his head, he leaped up and backwards and snagged it, and took it down to the 1-yard line.

And also, Easley did not spend any time playing in 2010 or 2011. If you think it's that easy to get back into game shape after what amounts to a two-year layoff, you should probably join the team as a strength and conditioning coach. In the meantime, Jones is not playing himself off the team. He's contributing, and that's with a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn half the time. I've said before that I think Jones is not elite, but he is far from a major problem on this team. The major problems are #14 and the man speaking into his ear.