[I suggest a trade for] Alex Smith

djsabres

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have had Kaepernick or Dalton instead of Aaron Williams... :huh:

With that thought firmly planted in mind, let's once again put our trust in Buddy to take care of our QB woes through the Draft! Seems logical to me... ;)

Hindsight is great, isn't it?

Alot of NFL teams could have had them too, but they passed and fell into the second round. Its easy to go back and look after a few years at the players any team "could of had" instead of what they took and say it was a mistake.........

BS

You don't have to have any kind of special standing in the league to demand a trade or release. He can go into the 49ers front office at any time and demand that they either move him or release him.

He may not be a player thats going to be able to demand where he goes though, but he has the right and ability to ask for a trade/release and sit out until he gets it. There are plenty of teams in need of an upgrade at QB that would give him a look

show me the last borderline starter to demand a trade, and sit out when they didnt get it. his skills dont warrant taking on that kind of trouble. its already a short list of spots that he would even compete for a starting spot - acting like that only shortens the list. hes not a guy that gets to demand anything. if he has a good relationship with the bosses, and they see an alternative path for themselves, they may part ways with him.

of course its possible that he could hold out, but its certainly not a smart career choice for a guy like alex smith. Whos next? Matt Flynn? Kevin Kolb?

Edited by NoSaint

Hindsight is great, isn't it?

Alot of NFL teams could have had them too, but they passed and fell into the second round. Its easy to go back and look after a few years at the players any team "could of had" instead of what they took and say it was a mistake.........

Oh boy!!! Great response...And SO original too!!! :lol:

look guys. desperation does things to a mans mind.

I want Alex Smith. he can throw a long ball. We have this offensive line that some call very good, to protect him. We have a run game to lean on dont we ? or Do we. And does it matter that he can throw accurately deeper and hit a player in stride ?

Maybe we need an offensive coordinator who can mentor a draft pick.

But i really need a change from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I used to hope for him. i'm all over that.

Move on.

i would really like a shot at getting Colin K. instead : (

i agree with this. i love alex smith. not the greatest QB but love his attitude and overall would probably rank him as a slightly above average quarterback

He'd be in your top15?

I think he falls 15-20 for me, with fitz settling in the early 20s, give or take

He'd be in your top15?

I think he falls 15-20 for me, with fitz settling in the early 20s, give or take

1) Rodgers

2) P. Manning

3) Brady

4) Brees

5) Roethlisberger

6) Ryan

7) E. Manning

8) Schaub

9) Freeman

10) Flacco

11) Cutler

12) Stafford

13) RGIII

14) Luck

15) Rivers

16) Romo

17) Wilson

18) Dalton

19) Smith

20) Newton

21) Palmer

22) Vick

23) Bradford

24) Fitzpatrick

25) Locker

26) Tannehill

27) Ponder

28) Sanchez

29) Weeden

30) Gabbert

31) Kolb

32) Cassel

Some QBs are missing (Kaepernick, Henne, Quinn, etc.) because they haven't played enough games, while guys like Hasselbeck and Skelton won't see much more time excepting injuries; I kept it to one QB per team. Either way, clearly we need an upgrade.

Edited by ny33

1) Rodgers

2) P. Manning

3) Brady

4) Brees

5) Roethlisberger

6) Ryan

7) E. Manning

8) Schaub

9) Freeman

10) Flacco

11) Cutler

12) Stafford

13) RGIII

14) Luck

15) Rivers

16) Romo

17) Wilson

18) Dalton

19) Smith

20) Newton

21) Palmer

22) Vick

23) Bradford

24) Fitzpatrick

25) Locker

26) Tannehill

27) Ponder

28) Sanchez

29) Weeden

30) Gabbert

31) Kolb

32) Cassel

Some QBs are missing (Kaepernick, Henne, Quinn, etc.) because they haven't played enough games, while guys like Hasselbeck and Skelton won't see much more time excepting injuries; I kept it to one QB per team. Either way, clearly we need an upgrade.

As a very rough list - pretty much what I was getting at. Might slide a couple names around but nothing worth discussing in a fitz vs smith. Both in the right neighborhood.

I think it's easy to forget how many good qbs are out there before you start actually tossing names on paper

Fitz, Campbell, Smith, Orton all pretty much the same. Upper echelon mid career backup material with lots of starts. (though Campbell looked utterly horrible last week).

Also agree- maybe even throw in like a Matt Moore

Can steer a team short term but should probably be seeking a replacement if he's your #1 but just good enough that you don't get a #1 pick to do it and the available vets don't upgrade much. A gift and a curse depending on the state of your roster.