JJ Watt vs Marcell Dareus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at what the Texans do with Watt. They are moving him around constantly changing looks. Wanny just says line up and run forward.

Honestly Marcell will be a great player for the Bills for years to come. I firmly believe that. The problem has been Wanny stubbornness to realize the league has changed. He is grudgingly giving in and mixing it up. If he continues to do that we will see Marcell in the back field more and more.

I know this has been covered but I thought I would freshen it up. Do you at this time feel it was wise for the Bills to pick Marcell Dareus over JJ? I watched the HOU-DET game and JJ was in the QBs face or batting down balls all game.

You should make this poll.

Anyway it's not even close Watt was great last year and this year he is Defensive MVP, Watt by a mile.

I think the key words in the OP's post are "at this time" and yes, at this time, Watt would have been the better draft pick. That much is obvious based on their play to date.

Nobody in their right mind would have taken Watt over Dareus on draft day. That much is also obvious.

And "at this time" has nothing to do with the future. Perhaps at that time, we'll be saying Dareus is the better pick.

GO BILLS!!!

One thing I would like to add here. Vince Wilfork could be on the Bills roster now instead of Lee Evans hanging out at hammers lot. So lets not be afraid to criticize the front office.

lets see. First its not a fair comparison. They are different typed players.

And to critique a player you need an equation or something to truly know why success or less has occurred.

ok enough of that poo.

They needed a Defensive tackle for the 3-4 4-3 . Marcel could play NT in the 3-4 and DE too. he showed his last college season that he could bring pressure from any where on the line. and he had speed, side to sideline. He had great play recognition. Most of us got on board after watching him play.

So he has struggled as the whole team has. Houston is complete team almost. We are not. yet.

Dareus is our man and will pull his jock up and get it together. He is right next to Kyle and KW will not let MD fail.

Lets keep cheering the kid on.

JJ Watt is playing better right now.....

and

I would still take Marcel Darius.....who I still believe will end up being a dominant player

exactly

Anyone else here think JJ might have a PED suspension in his future? Something about his crazed look and tree trunk-sized arms (plus playing with Cushing, who according to some, has been juicing since high school) just gives me that impression....

As I said at the time, the Dareus pick was a great choice, and--that said--I would've been 100% satisfied with Watt. Anyone that watched him play in college should've seen how disruptive Watt would be in the NFL; he was dominant as Wisconsin.

Again, I'm not writing off the possibility that Dareus could end up the better player, but I maintain anyone saying Watt would've been a reach at No. 3 probably didn't watch him play in college.

As I said at the time, the Dareus pick was a great choice, and--that said--I would've been 100% satisfied with Watt. Anyone that watched him play in college should've seen how disruptive Watt would be in the NFL; he was dominant as Wisconsin.

Again, I'm not writing off the possibility that Dareus could end up the better player, but I maintain anyone saying Watt would've been a reach at No. 3 probably didn't watch him play in college.

Many here thought he'd be a commodity at the next level but 3 absolutely would've been a shock.

He was fighting to be in the top 3 or 4 guys to fit in a defensive front 7 off the board (not 3rd player overall) with miller the best edge rusher, dareus the head and shoulders number 1 big body, with watt, aldon smith, fairley and Robert Quinn being that next cluster depending on scheme and need and even cam Jordan possibly moving up into that group.

Watt playing well is no surprise. Watt playing DMVP type ball is, and watt coming off the board before dareus would've been been unbelievable.