"Bills Can't Take Next Step With Bledsoe "

Mark VI

Only one word--WOW---Exiled you have got to be kidding? Fouts and Marino are HOF QBs. DB will never sniff the HOF as a player. I could go on and on, but you aren't listening to anyone else's reasoning so I know mine will fall on deaf ears. Wow.

As for Sullivan---a majority of us are waiting for DB to screw up, he is exactly right. I used to wait for JK to pull out a win. I wait for DB to pull out a loss. This team played below the overall talent of the group, and DB is the main reason for this. He cannot carry a team on his back.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one word--WOW---Exiled you have got to be kidding?  Fouts and Marino are HOF QBs.  DB will never sniff the HOF as a player.  I could go on and on, but you aren't listening to anyone else's reasoning so I know mine will fall on deaf ears.  Wow.

As for Sullivan---a majority of us are waiting for DB to screw up, he is exactly right.  I used to wait for JK to pull out a win.  I wait for DB to pull out a loss.  This team played below the overall talent of the group, and DB is the main reason for this.  He cannot carry a team on his back.

192143[/snapback]

right on the money

It's a balanced article you can read later in the morning on the front page. Gives Bledsoe his props. But his reasoning is this... 

" Bledsoe's preformance in the seasons biggest game was like a two-by-four to the head, a jarring reminder of his shortcomings and his tendency to become unglued at the most inopportune times. "

" In the end, he will always let you down. In a big game, he will make throws that will leave you scratching your head. He will hold onto the ball too long. He will fail to sense an oncoming blitzer, and imminent disaster. "

" It's true no one knows what to expect from Losman But we've learned to expect the worst from Bledsoe in big games. Sunday was the latest example. If the Bills expect to win a Superbowl with this guy, they're kidding themselves. "

192010[/snapback]

Truer words were never written. ;)

Sullivan hit a home run with that article.

Balanced?

You have got to be kidding me. Is this the first time you have read Sullivan? He has been writing the same article about Bledsoe for the past couple of years. The guy is a whinger and always has been.

And I suppose it took Miami 17 years to finally figure out it couldn't take the final step with Marino?

Fouts?

They must have gave their teams some hope through the years?

I guess it was all a waste because it never materialized?  Kidding themselves?

They should have ditched those losers and big game chokers early on?

;)  :doh:

192012[/snapback]

The difference is Marino never had a rushing game, thank God, and wasn't always put into every position to succeed. He just did and could come up large to at least get his team to the playoffs. I hate his guts but comparing him and Bledsoe is like apples and oranges.

The difference is Marino never had a rushing game, thank God, and wasn't always put into every position to succeed.  He just did and could come up large to at least get his team to the playoffs.  I hate his guts but comparing him and Bledsoe is like apples and oranges.

192206[/snapback]

You know, it took about 1532 years, but you and I actually agree about something for a change.

Hmmm...let's see....

Sunday nite in NE this year,

At the Jets last year,

vs. Pitt this year,

vs. Bawlmer this year,

And oh yeah, in NE 2 years ago.

That's five HUGE games he's played in since he's been here.

In each and every one of those games he's been TERRIBLE. Facts suck.

192044[/snapback]

Don't forget the egg in the MNF debacle vs Miami last year. That may have been his biggest game in Buffalo until past Sunday. Don't tell me Bills don't continue with a serious roll if they come up with a W in that one.

The trouble with EiI's reasoning is that he chooses to ignore the fundamental flaws of DB's performance in big games. Comparing him to Fouts & Marino is ridiculous. Hell, he's not even a Bert Jones, maybe a Brian Sipe or Dan Pastorini.

Bledsoe doesn't hurt his team because he is asked to throw 50 times/game anymore. Bledsoe hurts his team for the continuing brain cramps. It's just more noticeable in big games. Whether it's standing too long in the pocket, locking in on a receiver or throwing mind scratching passes in opportune times. It is something that a 12 yr vet should know in his sleep.

Interesting note from boomjammer's friend who said that he thought that Drew played like he had a concussion in the Ravens game. Did he have one? Or was it an explanation of a performance that defied any other rational explanation?

I generally don't care much for Sully's surly attitude, but I have to give him props when he's on target. I admitted I was wrong in chastising him for calling on TD to name Willis as a starter from Day 1, and he deserves credit for calling a spade a spade in this one, as well.

And I suppose it took Miami 17 years to finally figure out it couldn't take the final step with Marino?

Fouts?

;)  :doh:

192012[/snapback]

Worst

Analogy

Ever

Don't heed much to this....Jerry Sullivan isn't exactly going out on a limb here. The most critical of writers I've ever seen, he's not taking anything that resembles a bold stance. I never had much respect for this guy. He must be from Miami or something, since I've never seen a hometown writer criticize the Bills so much.

I'm not saying that I'm all for benching Drew, but when this has been the talk of the town for about 14 months....

C'mon Jerry - write about something worthwhile.

i didn't read through all the posts on this thread...but i read the article...and he made a good point that someone made on this board yesterday...

of all the wins the Bills had....i cannot think of a single game where Drew Bledsoe was the difference maker.

that would be a big factor to me if i were TD deciding the fate of the QB position going (not into Training Camp)...but going into next week.

I would sit down with Drew immediately and get this out of the way...and tell him ....that in 2005 the development of JP will be the priority. It is his team, and we would like to know if you want to be a part of that. If not...take the cap hit, and let him go.

It's a balanced article you can read later in the morning on the front page. Gives Bledsoe his props. But his reasoning is this... 

" Bledsoe's preformance in the seasons biggest game was like a two-by-four to the head, a jarring reminder of his shortcomings and his tendency to become unglued at the most inopportune times. "

" In the end, he will always let you down. In a big game, he will make throws that will leave you scratching your head. He will hold onto the ball too long. He will fail to sense an oncoming blitzer, and imminent disaster. "

" It's true no one knows what to expect from Losman But we've learned to expect the worst from Bledsoe in big games. Sunday was the latest example. If the Bills expect to win a Superbowl with this guy, they're kidding themselves. "

He predicts Bledsoe will enter 2005 as the starter and Losman needs to get himself ready this off-season. Suggesting the transition could occur during the 2005 season. That's a valid assumption. I believe Bledsoes' cap hit is about 6.5 Mil next year, jumping to 8.3 Mil in 2006. I seriously doubt he'll ever see that $$ for 2006.

*Additional note - Our non-divisional Away games for 2005 are Oakland, San Diego,Cincinnati, New Orleans and Tampa Bay . Home games include Denver , Kansas City, Houston, Atlanta and Carolina.

192010[/snapback]

I can't believe the Bills would consider using Bledsoe as a marketing tool this offseason for season ticket sales. If they did, there might be a decline in sales. Marketing's gotta be on Willis and Evans.

Tough situation for MM and TD - good team core but do you stick with Drew or give an unproven and untested JP the helm? I am sure the lack of performance by DB in big games and against good defenses is not lost on them. I guess they keep hoping that he'll break out of the funk. I am not going out on a limb by saying this but I think JP and DB will be splitting time with the first team in mini-camp and pre-season though DB will be the "official" starter. I guess we'll see where it goes from there. But, my sources also tell me that JP better become a "student" of the game and not simply believe that his talent will do it for him.

Fouts?

:)  :lol:

192012[/snapback]

Exiled...while I respect your opinion I absolutley do not agree.....

- We had a running back that got 1000 yards and didn't start the first quarter of the season

- We had excellent special teams

- We had the #3 overall defense in the league...

AND WE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

Completely different eras, too.  Fouts' Chargers gave birth to the wide open offenses we've seen since.  They'd look alot like Manning's Colts today.  Which is pretty much the "anti"- our offense.

Comparing Dan Fouts to to today's Drew Bledsoe?  Please.

192471[/snapback]

Bledsoe couldn't even wash Fouts jock strap.

Unfortunately we are gonna have to this year... It does pain me to no end.

I agree... Until the coaching staff decides to pull the trigger, I will have to back them and support their choices being a Bills fan in all.

192056[/snapback]

I'd say you need to open your eyes and start watching the games and stop looking at the stat sheet. You can put up stats all you want, but the Drew we have on this team is not the same Drew NE had 5 years ago.

Bledsoe, when he's been effective for us, has been a simple game manager at QB...nothing special but a guy that doesn't lose the game for you and makes some plays here and there. Unfortunately he is not an effective QB overall because he makes WAY too many mistakes...which isn't something you want from a game manager at the QB position. A QB that puts up big numbers and moves the offense and helps generate lots of points can afford some INTs or fumbles here and there...Drew Bledsoe gives you all the negatives of a gambler type QB but none of the positives. What we need in this offense is a guy that doesn't make mistakes. You can find a Trent Dilfer caretaker QB out here on the market relatively cheaply; you don't need to spend 6m+ on Drew Bledsoe's name.