"Bills Can't Take Next Step With Bledsoe "

Mark VI

It's a balanced article you can read later in the morning on the front page. Gives Bledsoe his props. But his reasoning is this...

" Bledsoe's preformance in the seasons biggest game was like a two-by-four to the head, a jarring reminder of his shortcomings and his tendency to become unglued at the most inopportune times. "

" In the end, he will always let you down. In a big game, he will make throws that will leave you scratching your head. He will hold onto the ball too long. He will fail to sense an oncoming blitzer, and imminent disaster. "

" It's true no one knows what to expect from Losman But we've learned to expect the worst from Bledsoe in big games. Sunday was the latest example. If the Bills expect to win a Superbowl with this guy, they're kidding themselves. "

He predicts Bledsoe will enter 2005 as the starter and Losman needs to get himself ready this off-season. Suggesting the transition could occur during the 2005 season. That's a valid assumption. I believe Bledsoes' cap hit is about 6.5 Mil next year, jumping to 8.3 Mil in 2006. I seriously doubt he'll ever see that $$ for 2006.

*Additional note - Our non-divisional Away games for 2005 are Oakland, San Diego,Cincinnati, New Orleans and Tampa Bay . Home games include Denver , Kansas City, Houston, Atlanta and Carolina.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And I suppose it took Miami 17 years to finally figure out it couldn't take the final step with Marino?

Fouts?

They must have gave their teams some hope through the years?

I guess it was all a waste because it never materialized? Kidding themselves?

They should have ditched those losers and big game chokers early on?

;):doh:

And I suppose it took Miami 17 years to finally figure out it couldn't take the final step with Marino?

Fouts?

I guess it was all a waste because it never materialized?  Kidding themselves?

;)  :doh:

192012[/snapback]

Your kidding right?

Dan Fouts? Dont even dare sully the name of a great Qb with this crap. Dan was gamer beyond belief, especially in a big game.

Fouts?

192012[/snapback]

Bledsoe will be entering his 13th NFL season in 2005. Bledsoe wasn't half the QB Marino and Fouts were. Being in my 40's, I observed their careers. They were their teams strengths, while other units were below average.

That above comment suggests Bledsoe is what gives us hope, more than most any other player or unit.

You have got to be kidding.

Fouts?

192012[/snapback]

Guys like Marino and Fouts weren't liabilities to their respective teams at ANY time.......Drew is a frequent liability to us.

Your kidding right?

Dan Fouts? Dont even dare sully the name of a great Qb with this crap. Dan was gamer beyond belief, especially in a big game.

192015[/snapback]

Did he win a SB... What is his playoff record?

Oh wait, here it is:

Fouts,Dan | 181 | 3297 5604 43040 7.7 254 242 | 476 13

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------

1979 hou L,14-17 | 25 47 333 0 5 | 0 0 0

1980 buf W,20-14 | 22 37 314 2 1 | 2 -6 0

1980 oak L,27-34 | 22 45 336 2 2 | 1 2 0

1981 mia W,41-38 | 33 53 433 3 1 | 2 10 0

1981 cin L,7-27 | 15 28 185 1 2 | 1 6 0

1982 pit W,31-28 | 27 42 333 3 0 | 0 0 0

1982 mia L,13-34 | 15 34 191 1 5 | 2 3 0

TOTAL | 159 286 2125 12 16 | 8 15 0

That puts him at 3-4.

Guess what? DB is 4-3:

Bledsoe,Drew | 172 | 3449 6048 39808 6.6 221 181 | 701 6 |

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

1994 cle L,13-20 | 21 50 235 1 3 | 2 2 0

1996 pit W,28-3 | 14 24 164 1 2 | 1 -1 0

1996 jax W,20-6 | 20 33 178 0 1 | 1 4 0

*1996 gnb L,21-35 | 25 48 253 2 4 | 1 1 0

1997 mia W,17-3 | 16 32 139 1 0 | 2 4 0

1997 pit L,6-7 | 23 44 264 0 2 | 2 -4 0

2001 pit W,24-17 | 10 21 102 1 0 | 4 1 0

TOTAL | 129 252 1335 6 12 | 13 7 0

Guess what? Those are TD's to picks in red.

Facts suck!

;)

Bledsoe will be entering his 13th NFL season in 2005. Bledsoe wasn't half the QB Marino and Fouts were. Being in my 40's, I observed their careers. They were their teams strengths, while other units were below average.

That above comment suggests Bledsoe is what gives us hope, more than most any other player or unit.

You have got to be kidding.

192017[/snapback]

Name a better QB that gives the Bills hope?... One that is reasonable for the taking.

;):doh::rolleyes:

Guys like Marino and Fouts weren't liabilities to their respective teams at ANY time.......Drew is a frequent liability to us.

192021[/snapback]

Oh ya... Just other parts of the team were?

;):doh:

They were liabilities in the end because they couldn't overcome other shortcomings on the team... Just as you expect Drew to do?

Fumbled returns

Missed 28 yard FG's

Poor playcalling

???

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow... Those 5 picks by Fouts in the 1979 and 1982 playoff games didn't hurt the Chargers?

Oh ya... He was the strength on the team those years!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Revisionist history at its finest!

192028[/snapback]

Illini, you list stats. I've seen Bledsoe pass far better QB's, in many career catagories, in Yards, TD's etc. I'm not impressed whatsover. Watch when the HOF voters look at him. Your logic suggests Bledsoe is a lock, since the people you compare him to are already in.... I have doubts he'll ever get in.

Fouts never had a good consistent D/running game in San Diego and was forced to play airball for years. Marino much the same. Try and outscore your opponents was what they had to do. They had a bullseye on them at all times and still delivered.

Bledsoe hasn't had a 300 yard passing game in 30 games. He's not carrying this team at all. A completely different type of player who wasn't half as good as Fouts or Marino.

The issue is his present play. He's been on a steep decline since the middle of 2002. I don't care what he did in the 90's. I care about playing well in big games in the present day... and he stinks.

Illini, you list stats. I've seen Bledsoe pass far better QB's, in many career catagories, in Yards, TD's etc. I'm not impressed whatsover. Watch when the HOF voters look at him. Your logic suggests Bledsoe is a lock, since the people you compare him to are already in.... I have doubts he'll ever get in.

Fouts never had a good consistent D/running game in San Diego and was forced to play airball for years. Marino much the same. Try and outscore your opponents was what they had to do. They had a bullseye on them at all times and still delivered.

Bledsoe hasn't had a 300 yard passing game in 30 games. He's not carrying this team at all. A completely different type of player who wasn't half as good as Fouts or Marino.

The issue is his present play. He's been on a steep decline since the middle of 2002. I don't care what he did in the 90's. I care about playing well in big games in the present day... and he stinks.

192034[/snapback]

My logic should be a lock but, I know it IS NOT.

DB's rep will precede him... The internet will surely not help him.

He hasn't played any really big game with Buf until Sunday.

Compare him with other HoF Qb's that may be marginal?

Tittle, Jurgenson.

DB has some more years left... The stats will add up. That alone might get him in.

My point is, the Bills could DO A LOT WORSE... I think as fans we really think it is easy to get a QB that stays healthy and can play.

He hasn't played any really big game with Buf until Sunday.

192042[/snapback]

Hmmm...let's see....

Sunday nite in NE this year,

At the Jets last year,

vs. Pitt this year,

vs. Bawlmer this year,

And oh yeah, in NE 2 years ago.

That's five HUGE games he's played in since he's been here.

In each and every one of those games he's been TERRIBLE. Facts suck.

Hmmm...let's see....

Sunday nite in NE this year,

At the Jets last year,

vs. Pitt this year,

vs. Bawlmer this year,

And oh yeah, in NE 2 years ago.

That's five HUGE games he's played in since he's been here.

In each and every one of those games he's been TERRIBLE. Facts suck.

192044[/snapback]

Out of what 48 games? ;)

Hindsight my friend. Hindsight.

I guess every game is big to you... I can't argue with that.

You think it is gonna get better starting someone else? Fine?

:doh::rolleyes:

My point is, the Bills could DO A LOT WORSE... I think as fans we really think it is easy to get a QB that stays healthy and can play.

192042[/snapback]

I know they could do a lot worse but what is your point ? We should settle for 9-7 and no playoffs ? The Bills won MULTIPLE games in 2004 due to a high number of huge plays on ST's and Defense. We can't depend on that to carry us again. The Offense needs to wake up and show some consistency against the good teams. Not the average to bad teams we beat during our 6 game winning streak.

I'm not willing to settle for a QB who's play is in clear decline. He's costing us games, not winning them.

I know they could do a lot worse but what is your point ? We should settle for 9-7 and no playoffs ? The Bills won MULTIPLE games in 2004 due to a high number of huge plays on ST's and Defense. We can't depend on that to carry us again. The Offense needs to wake up and show some consistency against the good teams. Not the average to bad teams we beat during our 6 game winning streak.

I'm not willing to settle for a QB who's play is in clear decline. He's costing us games, not winning them.

192055[/snapback]

Unfortunately we are gonna have to this year... It does pain me to no end.

I agree... Until the coaching staff decides to pull the trigger, I will have to back them and support their choices being a Bills fan in all.

Fouts?

192012[/snapback]

it's a joke that you are making comparisons between bledsoe and marino. marino may not have won a SB but he got his team there and consistently made the playoffs, even at the very end of his career. he did it with ABSOLUTELY NO semblence of a running game at any point during his career. one thing i know about all the fans of the QBs you are trying to compare to bledsoe....they were SOOOO PROUD of their QB. while that may not necessarily add up to wins....it gave their fans SOMETHING!

drew doesn't win, he doesn't make us proud, he doesn't show any passion for the game, he doesn't give our team cap relief, he doesn't make anyone better. hell, he can't even make a fantasy roster. just what exactly does DB bring to the game at this point in his career that NO ONE else could bring (looking for positives)?

Bottom line is that as great a guy Drew is, he CANNOT win pressure games, read BIG games, PERIOD!

I've said this before, but hopefully at the start of training camp, the QB job will be up for grabs, and I think as pointed out by Mark, that DB will start the season and JP will enter a few games in.

Fouts?

192012[/snapback]

You're dilusional if you think Drew is anywhere near that caliber QB.