WGR - Howard and Sal

tito1

These guys are awesome and gave 2 bills drive a shout out this morning re: Colin kapernick message board post. They love to lurk these boards but do they post?

On another note, bulldog and Paul Hamilton are just plain terrible. Major Douches!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schoop is the douche. A angry at the world man because his favorite sport (tennis) is barely recognized. And because he couldn't cut it at Espn. I won't get into the real personal stuff as he probably does visit here and I would hate to be a bigger @$$hole than I already am.

Bulldog just has no backbone anymore. Just agrees with whatever his husband Mike tells him.

I hate the constant negativity of those guys. I don't get that from Sal, he is upbeat and positive which I like.

Thats what kills me the most. Like how posses they get just because people ask how they are doing. Who the F$&K cares if its just waste less small talk. It's people trying to be polite when they start a conversation.

Howard does and has lurked this board for some time. One of YE OLE's favorite anecdotes traces origin back about 10 years ago to THE SIMONCAST. Tom Galley was Howard's producer back in those days and YE OLE decided to pay homage to the man behind the scenes by affectionately referring to him as "Back Alley Galley" and making it a point to mention him early and often in all of YE's posts.

So, mid afternoon rolls around one day, and YE OLE is tuned to Empire (Channel 626 for those of us on DirecTV in those days), and Ricky Jay comes on to give scores/updates leading into a break. Much to YE OLE's delight, Ricky Jay and Howard get into a little conversation where Ricky responds "I don't know, you'll have to ask old 'Back Alley Galley' over there." Naturally, YE OLE had to follow up on this and emailed the show requesting the back story on this "Back Alley Galley" and asking if he was perhaps a "bar room brawler" in a past life.

The next segment, Howard read the email and asked Ricky Jay about the origins of all of this nonsense. Ricky Jay explained that it came from some knucklehead at Two Bills Drive and he thought it was hillarious, and had to bring it to the air. That knucklehead of course was yours truly. The moment was surreal, as from that day forward, YE OLE had to embrace the fact that important people in the Buffalo sports scene read what the good folks of this forum have to say.

Thats what kills me the most. Like how posses they get just because people ask how they are doing. Who the F$&K cares if its just waste less small talk. It's people trying to be polite when they start a conversation.

I agree with this totally.

Howard does and has lurked this board for some time. One of YE OLE's favorite anecdotes traces origin back about 10 years ago to THE SIMONCAST. Tom Galley was Howard's producer back in those days and YE OLE decided to pay homage to the man behind the scenes by affectionately referring to him as "Back Alley Galley" and making it a point to mention him early and often in all of YE's posts.

So, mid afternoon rolls around one day, and YE OLE is tuned to Empire (Channel 626 for those of us on DirecTV in those days), and Ricky Jay comes on to give scores/updates leading into a break. Much to YE OLE's delight, Ricky Jay and Howard get into a little conversation where Ricky responds "I don't know, you'll have to ask old 'Back Alley Galley' over there." Naturally, YE OLE had to follow up on this and emailed the show requesting the back story on this "Back Alley Galley" and asking if he was perhaps a "bar room brawler" in a past life.

The next segment, Howard read the email and asked Ricky Jay about the origins of all of this nonsense. Ricky Jay explained that it came from some knucklehead at Two Bills Drive and he thought it was hillarious, and had to bring it to the air. That knucklehead of course was yours truly. The moment was surreal, as from that day forward, YE OLE had to embrace the fact that important people in the Buffalo sports scene read what the good folks of this forum have to say.

epic on many levels

High-fivin' YE OLE... :thumbsup:

I hate the constant negativity of those guys. I don't get that from Sal, he is upbeat and positive which I like.

I wonder if some of you recall me hyping "Coach" Sal's internet Bills chat on Wednesday's, back when he was literally broadcasting over Justin.TV from his den on a webcam. He was great because instead of just hangdog doom-n-gloom we would get from Jerry Sullivan and WGR, Sal actually dissected plays what was going wrong, and in some cases, going right. It was a lot more intelligent football talk than WGR was offering.

I'm thrilled he's "in the bigs" now with WGR. My sense is that management know his "star potential" and are testing him out with Simon. Turns out WGR's bench is a lot stronger than their starters (Joe B). I know I'm making a mistake bringing up Schopp & Bulldog but I swear they are the worst sports talk hosts on Planet Earth. Oddly, when separated, they're listenable. But they have what I can only describe as "anti-chemistry"...the ability to make each other worse when on the air.

PTR

I wonder if some of you recall me hyping "Coach" Sal's internet Bills chat on Wednesday's, back when he was literally broadcasting over Justin.TV from his den on a webcam. He was great because instead of just hangdog doom-n-gloom we would get from Jerry Sullivan and WGR, Sal actually dissected plays what was going wrong, and in some cases, going right. It was a lot more intelligent football talk than WGR was offering.

I'm thrilled he's "in the bigs" now with WGR. My sense is that management know his "star potential" and are testing him out with Simon. Turns out WGR's bench is a lot stronger than their starters (Joe B). I know I'm making a mistake bringing up Schopp & Bulldog but I swear they are the worst sports talk hosts on Planet Earth. Oddly, when separated, they're listenable. But they have what I can only describe as "anti-chemistry"...the ability to make each other worse when on the air.

PTR

The Bulldog while not being polished as a broadcaster, was never terrible in his days at WBEN. He is being dragged down by Schoop who just hates his job, hates the callers, and hates most sports outside of baseball and tennis. The afternoon show is made worst by Greg Bauch who instead of being show producer, is constantly trying to be funny with trying being the key word. If I was the programming director at WGR, I would do the following...

1 - Replace White with Joe B on the morning show.

2 - Replace Schoop with Sal on the afternoon show.

3 - Insist the hosts do more interviews, which would then result in less calls(this would be a good thing).

4 - Tell the show producers to produce and not to be part of the on-air talk(at least not as much as they do currently)

5 - Less of Sullivan and Hamilton. I really don't need to hear from them 100 times a week.

6 - Kevin Sylvester hockey talk from 10-12 is fine...DURING HOCKEY SEASON, and only if there is not a lockout going on.

7 - Get rid of Jim Rome. There has to be some reasonable options for syndicated national sports talk other than him.

Problem solved.