ESPN.com's NFL Playoff Calculator is out!

ThurmasThoman

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I love playing around with this thing.

First person who can come up with a scenario that has the Bills making the playoffs if they lose their next 2 games wins.

GO!

I just found a path for the Bills to make the playoffs at 7-9!

Most importantly - we can lose this week and still have a strong shot at the playoffs with 9-7.

In fact, there are a lot of possibilities for us to make it with a 9-7 record.

Man, i could literally play with this thing all night (thats what she said.)

I did it.. wasn't all that tough. Pick division leaders to keep winning, all NFC teams to win all out of conference games, and for the also rans to to kinda split up the wins and losses.. Bills end up at 7-9, 6th seed vs. Baltimore.

mine left us with the final week being a win and youre in against the jets.....

figured we 4-1 against the Seattle, Jax, Rams, Miami and Indy crowd. Could win them all, probably lose one, hopefully not two.

Edited by NoSaint

The only games we can actually lose and make playoffs would be seahawks or rams. The other games are must wins because they should be easy to win or they are games against afc opponents that we are fighting with for a playoff spot.

It will be easier to tell after this weekend. But if we lose to indy, we are done.

1. houston 2. denver. 3 new england 4. pittsburgh 5. baltimore 6. bills

1. atlanta 2. green bay 3. san fran 4. dallas 5. chicago 6. seattle

ne beats bills. pitts over baltimore, san fran beats seattle, chicago over dallas

pitts beats houston, denver beats new england- green bay beats san fran, chicago beats atlanta

denver beats pitts, green bay beats chicago.

green bay superbowl champs

There are a lot of different scenarios that can play out here. I'm surprised that it's about as easy to find one that gives us the division as it is to find us a wild card.

If we lose to Indy, we would have to win out and the Colts would most likely have to lose to the Titans at home and KC on the road. I'm giving them the week 17 win against Houston because just about all of the scenarios I see have them locking in the 1st seed by then.

Need another week or two to pass by to clean it up a bit.

Yeah, this week's Indy game is critical for us to make the playoffs. Win that one and we can lose to either SEA or STL and we still control our own destiny provided Cincy doesn't go on a crazy run. Of course, that means sweeping the remaining division games which has not been the Bills strong suit.

Having a third whack at NE would be amazing. Beating them in the playoffs... I would cry like a baby. I'm not kidding. I suppose at that point my alarm clock would go off and my day would begin.

If this matchup ever happened, you can be sure the officiating would decide the game in favor of the Cheatriots***.

I would guarantee you that there would be no fewer than 4 egregious calls against the Bills.

This masturbatory fantasy isn't helping me maintain my cool this season. Guys we are Bills fans (get ready for the pain of being on the outside looking in.) This season we are 8 and 8 (the two remaining loses being in Toronto against the 'Hawks and in Indy this weekend.

Really? I would think that one with such a bleak outlook on this season would bank on us losing the two divisional games yet to play. We haven't beat the Jets since Tebow was in high school

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

I love playing around with this thing.

First person who can come up with a scenario that has the Bills making the playoffs if they lose their next 2 games wins.

GO!

I just found a path for the Bills to make the playoffs at 7-9!

Most importantly - we can lose this week and still have a strong shot at the playoffs with 9-7.

In fact, there are a lot of possibilities for us to make it with a 9-7 record.

Man, i could literally play with this thing all night (thats what she said.)

DITTO.

I found a path for the Bills to be the 4th seed in the playoffs at 10-6! with NE losing 3 of the next 6.

I found a path for the Bills to be the 5th seed in the playoffs at 9-7! with NE losing 2 of the next 6. SF and Houston ARE my expected NE losses. barring ref interventions. Isn't it nice to know nice that both games are in NE.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yeah, this week's Indy game is critical for us to make the playoffs. Win that one and we can lose to either SEA or STL and we still control our own destiny provided Cincy doesn't go on a crazy run. Of course, that means sweeping the remaining division games which has not been the Bills strong suit.

Where do people get this "we control our own destiny" stuff? Here's the facts:

Even if we beat Indy, Seattle AND everybody else left on our schedule, we don't control our own destiny. The teams currently ahead of us for the 2 wildcard spots are:

Pitt: 6-4

Indy: 6-4

Cinci: 5-5

Of those three teams, the only one we play this season is Indy. If we beat them, they have 5 losses. Among those three teams, the only game any of them have left with each other is a game between Pitt and Cinci. If Cinci wins that game, then Pitt and Cinci will each have 5 losses.

We already have 6 losses, so even if we win the rest of our games, we can still finish behind all three of those teams. That means we do not control our own destiny. If we win out to finish 10-6, we have a very good chance of making the playoffs, and we won't need much help from other teams. But that's doesn't mean we control our own destiny. At this point, we don't.