Man missing after Bills game found dead, per WGR

DPR4444

Update - WGR550 is reporting that the missing man was found deceased, and that he had been ejected from the Stadium during the game.

here is one link , but the story is being updated as I type.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/189270/292/Crews-Locate-Man-Missing-Since-Bills-Game

"

ORCHARD PARK, NY - Police say they have located a 26-year old man who went missing near Ralph Wilson Stadium after Thursday night's game, but they have not released his condition or said where he was found.

Officials on the scene have described it to 2 On Your Side's Heather Ly as a "recovery mission."

Orchard Park police will only say that he has been found and that the investigation is ongoing. They're holding a news conference this morning to give more information.

Investigators "pinged" the man's cell phone early this morning telling them that the phone's location is just north of Shadow Lane off of Big Tree Road.

Foul play does not appear to be a factor at this time."

http://buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121116/CITYANDREGION/121119402/1002

"A 26-year-old man who went missing from Thursday night’s Buffalo Bills game has been found dead near the stadium, authorities said.

The man was found face down in Smoke’s Creek near Shadow Lane.

Channel 4 reported that the man had been ejected from the Bills-Dolphins game, but that could not be confirmed.

The Erie County Sheriff’s helicopter was called in at 5:25 a.m. today to assist in the search for the missing man, authorities said.

Air One’s services were called off at about 7:20 a.m."

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/26-Year-Old-Man-Goes-Missing-Found-Dead-After-Bills-Game-179655041.html

An unidentified 26-year-old man has been confirmed dead by the Orchard Park police, after being found in the Smokes Creek behind Ralph Wilson Stadium early this morning.

Police aren't sure what happened, but are saying he was reported missing after the Buffalo Bills Thursday Night game.

Can we please stop acting like it's our first college party at these games??

i'm no lawyer, and I'm in favor of personal responsibility, but could the Bills be in danger of a lawsuit if this guy was ejected in a state of obvious inebriation, and that contributed to his death? we live in a pretty litigious (sp?) society

i'm no lawyer, and I'm in favor of personal responsibility, but could the Bills be in danger of a lawsuit if this guy was ejected in a state of obvious inebriation, and that contributed to his death? we live in a pretty litigious (sp?) society

Yeah, but they'd be positioned well. It just sucks to the core.

Can you elaborate?

It's just kind of ****ty to talk about the death of a man, less than 24 hours ago, and point the finger at him. The events of last night are sad, with no intention of escalating into what they did. To blame him this soon after his death for putting himself into that situation is no different than blaming the victim of a date rape for being at a party.

Whaaa??

Apparently, the mere mention of a college party is somehow making light of date rape.

It's just kind of ****ty to talk about the death of a man, less than 24 hours ago, and point the finger at him. The events of last night are sad, with no intention of escalating into what they did. To blame him this soon after his death for putting himself into that situation is no different than blaming the victim of a date rape for being at a party.

Who else should be blamed for this man getting so drunk that he drowned in about two feet of parking lot run off? No one brought this on him nor is he a victim. Your analogy is absurd.

My cousin I left the stadium around 1am walking down Shadow Wood we saw a young guy slouched over in a #91 Cameron Wake orange fins jersey in someone's lawn. He had his face in his hands and appeared to be distraught am crying. We asked him if he was okay, but after he looked up kinda of uninviting we went on our way.

Could be unrelated but wouldn't be surprised if this was the guy they found.

Sad story.

Hmm, I would hope that nothing nefarious happened to a guy in a Miami jersey that late at night after the game... :unsure: