I really don't understand why anyone goes to Bills home games

zonabb

The testimony of those who've been to other stadiums (myself included) seems to be that the Bills crowd is one of the worst in the league.

That's too bad. I'd rather that we don't have that sad distinction.

I always try to be a Bills ambassador and hope that I can help spread a good image of Bills fans.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on this PTR. For the last 20+ years we have parked at ECC, and do not ever recall the trash problem like it has been in the last year or two. The ECC lot is not like that, but man you make that walk up Community Drive and hit Lot3 I think it is, and it is just nasty!

Also, you are correct, this is not tolerated at other places. I have been to at least 10 other stadiums in last decade or so, have NEVER seen the trash like in the Bills lots.

More reason to park private I guess

a

It has always been a mess... Even years ago, after a game... The place looks like a third world nation... My brother had wooden pallets in his pick-up truck for JAX game years ago... Seems a group was in need of post game bonfire wood and my brother was more than happy to unload the pallets (that he was gonna get rid of anyway)... Amazing! Biy were they happy campers!! Also, my nephews would have their mother ride around after the game in the lots with the minivan while they picked up cans... picked up only what they wanted and left... They'd come home with 40-50 worth of deposits each... Nice weekly haul for two 12 year olds!

I was in lot 3 last night. I agree...it was embarrassing. The trash was an absolute disgusting representation of what Bills fan are.

The hostility was a disgrace, too. There was a fistfight right in front of us that crashed into our truck. The Miami fan was the belligerent one, but the Bills fans were barely better. I'm glad I didn't have my young son with me. Although, even at 5 years old, he's mature enough to know that's not the way you should behave.

In other news, glad the Bills hung on. They dominated the game, but trouble finishing was frustrating.

do you want some sort of medal?

maybe i could draw up a quick certificate for you in microsoft paint, email it over, and you can hang it on your wall?

yeah buddy -- good thing you didn't bring your FIVE YEAR OLD to a game that kicks off at 8:30, goes until midnight, and 75% of the people there will be wasted.

"i went to the bar last night. it was awful. couples making out, dancing. people puking in a bathroom. i overheard a gentleman say the F word. at least i didnt have my toddler with me. he would have had enough common sense to know that was WRONG."

the only thing wrong with this world, is people that think theres something "wrong" with this world.

The testimony of those who've been to other stadiums (myself included) seems to be that the Bills crowd is one of the worst in the league.

That's too bad. I'd rather that we don't have that sad distinction.

I always try to be a Bills ambassador and hope that I can help spread a good image of Bills fans.

I'll agree with that; I've been to a few stadiums and I haven't ever seen anything as bad as RWS. I've heard from my brother-in-law (Bears fan) that Soldier Field is a similar pit of despair, but I haven't witnessed it (and he's never seen RWS, either).

Too many fans are too interested in the tailgate than the actual game. Security inside the stadium is a joke. All I see security outside the stadium do is check underage ID. I still go. Frustrating that people go to get as drunk as possible rather than to watch a football game.

totally agree. We went for the game and only care about the game. Tailgaiting was secondary

Too many fans are too interested in the tailgate than the actual game. Security inside the stadium is a joke. All I see security outside the stadium do is check underage ID. I still go. Frustrating that people go to get as drunk as possible rather than to watch a football game.

. Right on, i remember if we swore in our section e10 row 13 the folks would turn around and give us the evil eye.

I did not read all of the posts, or any, except Bob's because his was the last one and happened to see he typed it and value his opinion (no offense to anyone else)...

All I can say is don't f'n go. Support a team that gives you cupcakes and pom poms, go to another stadium and sip mai tai's with people wearing the latest John Varvatos fashions propping their Louboutin heels up on their pent hose suite boxes, hell, go sit any other stadium you want. I am not endorsing the atmosphere at the Ralph, I am simply saying that if you don't like it change the dial. You're an adult.

The NFL COMPLETELY disagrees with you. This is the LAST thing it wants.

maybe i could draw up a quick certificate for you in microsoft paint, email it over, and you can hang it on your wall?

yeah buddy -- good thing you didn't bring your FIVE YEAR OLD to a game that kicks off at 8:30, goes until midnight, and 75% of the people there will be wasted.

"i went to the bar last night. it was awful. couples making out, dancing. people puking in a bathroom. i overheard a gentleman say the F word. at least i didnt have my toddler with me. he would have had enough common sense to know that was WRONG."

the only thing wrong with this world, is people that think theres something "wrong" with this world.

Posts like this help illustrate what is "wrong" with this world.

I'll agree with that; I've been to a few stadiums and I haven't ever seen anything as bad as RWS. I've heard from my brother-in-law (Bears fan) that Soldier Field is a similar pit of despair, but I haven't witnessed it (and he's never seen RWS, either).

Didn't the smoking ban serve to eliminate bad behavior? :rolleyes:

i must be getting old....i'm starting to enjoy my living room luxury suite much better than attending...

traffic to game

$25 parking

waiting for metal detecting wands at gate

waiting in line for $9 beers

drunken rowdy fans yelling obsenities

drunken rowdy fans throwing crap

not the best environment to bring wife and kids

fans constantly standing up blocking your view

long lines to the restrooms

bad food

weather

safety of getting back to car after game

traffic nightmare trying to get home

Perhaps his tone was a bit harsh, but the content made sense

. A 5 year old would have school the following day, and yes, people were getting plastered.Night games are not an appropriate setting for a 5 year old; Is this something new, or of importance?

I must be old, too ... I thought we were all in 'this' together. I don't let my fun infringe on those around me. Act towards others how I would want to be treated. I've been going to games since 1979 ... Maybe I was a little naïve back then, but I didn't see/hear nearly the volume of what took place on Thursday. When the extent of every sentence that is uttered (screamed, really) in my hearing has more f-bombs than any other part of speech ... I just simply watch the game unless the surrounding people become abusive or obnoxious directly towards me or my wife. Y'know ... Try to not infringe my fun (watching the game) on the fun of those around me (drinking beyond drunkenness, being vulgar towards other spectators and/or players and their families, hiding contraband, ... Generally just being more involved in anything besides what is taking place on the field).

Taking my 13 yr old stepson to the Rams game in Dec.

Having real second thoughts about taking him. I was 8 when my

mom and dad took me to the Rockpile for my first ever Bills game.

I remember it being a very memorable and uplifting family experience.

I just don't want to take him and have it be a negative effect.

I suppose the game will only pull about 45-50 thousand people

since it is late in the year and not a marquee opponent.

I'm just scared for the kid.

Got some real thinking to do about it.

Taking my 13 yr old stepson to the Rams game in Dec.

Having real second thoughts about taking him. I was 8 when my

mom and dad took me to the Rockpile for my first ever Bills game.

I remember it being a very memorable and uplifting family experience.

I just don't want to take him and have it be a negative effect.

I suppose the game will only pull about 45-50 thousand people

since it is late in the year and not a marquee opponent.

I'm just scared for the kid.

Got some real thinking to do about it.

Spend the extra $ and get seats on ticket exchange in a lower-bowl season ticket holder section (between the 10s). You'll be glad you did.

Didn't the smoking ban serve to eliminate bad behavior? :rolleyes:

I think the smoking ban may be the dumbest thing they have done. There are entire areas designed for smoking; there is no other logical reason for some of these areas to exist.

When I drink, I smoke out of habit. The last game I went to, after two beers, I was edgy because I wanted a cigarette.

Exactly the sort of thing that would have provoked me to do something stupid when I was younger and drank more.

______

As for those castigating the guy who thinks it's inappropriate to bring a five-year-old to the game, well, I agree with him. I've said a few times that an NFL game, like a rock concert, is no place for a child; it's a place for grownups to have fun and blow off steam. Even though I don't get drunk at games, I still want to be able to scream "!@#$ yeah" at the top of my lungs when the Bills score a touchdown without worrying about young, sensitive ears around me. There are plenty of places for family-oriented fun.

I guess if the folks who want to bring young children had somewhere designated to sit, and they didn't have to walk through a gauntlet of idiots to get there, it would solve both problems.

Perfect example of why some people don't want to go to Bills games. It's not a bar. It's not a frat party. It's a sporting event. I'm a Bills fan because I went to Bills games with my family as a kid. My son has NO love for the Bills or any football because it's just flat out irresponsible for parents to bring their kids to Bills games anymore.....ESPECIALLY night games.

Party on dude.

Agreed

Perfect example of why some people don't want to go to Bills games. It's not a bar. It's not a frat party. It's a sporting event. I'm a Bills fan because I went to Bills games with my family as a kid. My son has NO love for the Bills or any football because it's just flat out irresponsible for parents to bring their kids to Bills games anymore.....ESPECIALLY night games.

Party on dude.

Conversely, I didn't go to Bills games as a kid, because my father knew it wasn't an appropriate place to take a child, and I like them just fine.

I think the smoking ban may be the dumbest thing they have done. There are entire areas designed for smoking; there is no other logical reason for some of these areas to exist.

When I drink, I smoke out of habit. The last game I went to, after two beers, I was edgy because I wanted a cigarette.

Exactly the sort of thing that would have provoked me to do something stupid when I was younger and drank more.

______

As for those castigating the guy who thinks it's inappropriate to bring a five-year-old to the game, well, I agree with him. I've said a few times that an NFL game, like a rock concert, is no place for a child; it's a place for grownups to have fun and blow off steam. Even though I don't get drunk at games, I still want to be able to scream "!@#$ yeah" at the top of my lungs when the Bills score a touchdown without worrying about young, sensitive ears around me. There are plenty of places for family-oriented fun.

I guess if the folks who want to bring young children had somewhere designated to sit, and they didn't have to walk through a gauntlet of idiots to get there, it would solve both problems.

No offense intended to you specifically because Ive seen this argument posted before, and my response is always the same: If someone's drug addiction is so great that they cant behave in public for 3 hours without a fix, then they shouldnt be out in public to begin with.