Zebra Report aka piss poor officiation

justnzane

I question the honesty of today's officials with regards to bribery after the amount of bad calls going against one side:

The holding calls on Cordy Glenn and Chris Hairston were marginal at best. Worse infractions occured on almost every New England offensive snap

The Gilmore PI call was iffy, but i'll accept that one. However the other 3 in the first half where mindnumbingly bad where the ball wasn't within 10 yards of the receiver. Thus shouldn't have been called as such. led to two touchdowns

Ron Brooks got wrestled out of bounds on his running out of bounds penalty. led to a touchdown

Offisdes uncalled on Patriots defenders a number of times

A missed helmet to helmet hit on Fritz in the end zone. Followed up by one they called a couple plays later.

The NFL should investigate this officiating staff, but probably won't.

Or the calls missed on them. Gronkowski's touchdown catch was a total push off. Mario was held countless times, along with Kyle Williams. Brady got blasted by Williams in the end zone on a clean play, and his first thought was to look up at the ref and raise both of his hands. A total home job. Such a disgrace I've just called DirecTV and asked for my refund.

Or the calls missed on them. Gronkowski's touchdown catch was a total push off. Mario was held countless times, along with Kyle Williams. Brady got blasted by Williams in the end zone on a clean play, and his first thought was to look up at the ref and raise both of his hands. A total home job. Such a disgrace I've just called DirecTV and asked for my refund.

No way Gronk's TD was a push off. I watched that play four times. It wasn't.

Buffalo almost beat both teams today...

agreed

I'd argue that they mugged Mario every passing play to the point where he could have had a couple sacks with legit zebras, not the crooked striped ones today. I hate to pin a game on the officials but 21 points given to the Pats.

No surprise, this is the same crew that handed the Steelers SB XL. Aren't unions great!!!

That makes a ton of sense. By far the worst officiating in a Super Bowl ever.

The holding calls were legit. But the refs were poor overall i agree.

I am not saying that they weren't legit, but come on you can't say that NE* got away with worse today

That makes a ton of sense. By far the worst officiating in a Super Bowl ever.

I am not saying that they weren't legit, but come on you can't say that NE* got away with worse today

Yes there were holding calls on Mario that were completely missed by the refs. Like i said they were poor overall today.

I question the honesty of today's officials with regards to bribery after the amount of bad calls going against one side:

The holding calls on Cordy Glenn and Chris Hairston were marginal at best. Worse infractions occured on almost every New England offensive snap

The Gilmore PI call was iffy, but i'll accept that one. However the other 3 in the first half where mindnumbingly bad where the ball wasn't within 10 yards of the receiver. Thus shouldn't have been called as such. led to two touchdowns

Ron Brooks got wrestled out of bounds on his running out of bounds penalty. led to a touchdown

Offisdes uncalled on Patriots defenders a number of times

A missed helmet to helmet hit on Fritz in the end zone. Followed up by one they called a couple plays later.

The NFL should investigate this officiating staff, but probably won't.

That Gilmore call was horrible the Pass was uncatchable the Refs have to pick up that flag.

Investigate officials i don`t think so the NFL loves the Pats they`ve been cheating for them since theTuck rule gm.

BTW did anyone else notice that horne blowing on our last drive sounded like speakers to me, since when is that allowable??

The PI on Gilmore was an uncatchible ball.

They also called a PI on a play where they pass wasnt to that receiver which means illegal contact or defense holding...but not PI.

I hope Bills file a league complaint.

These two were the worst.

Sure you can argue that holding goes on in every play, but few were as blatant as Glenn's takedown.

And yes, Brooks was forced out of bounds, but then he ran like 40 yards along the bench before wandering back onto the field--who the feck does that?? It was laughable.

It was par for the course against the Pats. They always get the calls vs us. I expected as much, but today was ridiculous. 4 PI or illegal contact calls in the first half? I cannot recall a Bills game where the D were called that many times in one half not to mention how poor and incorrect the calls were. It really seemed like someone got paid they were so bad.

The PI on Gilmore was an uncatchible ball.

They also called a PI on a play where they pass wasnt to that receiver which means illegal contact or defense holding...but not PI.

I hope Bills file a league complaint.

what was remarkable about the phantom PI call on Gilmore in the end zone was the complete lack of protest by Chan or anyone else on the Bills sideline.....again, is Chan watching the same game we are? That ball was 5 yds deep out of the back of the end zone.

My favorite was the no call hold on KW at about 5:50 in the 2nd. The guard hooks his arm around KW and grabs his jersey as he turns him upfield, all in plain view of a ref, but of course no flag. I just rewatched that 3 times along with the two garbage PI's on the same drive--incredible that these refs are allowed to work in the NFL. The League needs to investigate these guys and their bank accounts, but we all know that will never happen....

Brooks never tried to get back in bounds that is why he was flagged.

Other than that the flags were mostly a result of an unprepared poorly coached team.

Brooks got wrestled and whipped out of bounds, I'd argue that the penalty should have been for holding out on the Pats there. Nonetheless, still a terrible call,

Good teams win games, regardless of "bad calls". Let's stop making excuses guys.

Yes, but we know that the Bills suck. The reality is that most everyone expected them to lose. However to lose in such a manner where the game was being dictated by the officials and not the play and to have it so one sided against you is the problem here. I can openly admit that the Bills aren't good, but they got cheated today.

Good teams win games, regardless of "bad calls". Let's stop making excuses guys.

That's bs.

The commentators were saying the same thing. If it was just bills fans would be one thing.

I would normally agree with you, but not today. It was way too obvious.

I knew once the old refs came back the favoritism would return.

Bring back the neutral, stupid, and fair replacement refs.

Typical Pats game. Every holding and pass interference was a head scratcher. 15 yards to Ron Brooks for not running back in bounds? Delay of game instead of honoring the time out? All the un-reviewable, judgement calls they could call against us were called. I swear they hesitated to flag the late hits on Fitzy and Spiller until the players pointed them out. They allowed the Pats WR a free false start in the 1st, right before the FG, and a free offsides in the 3rd. The worst call of the day had to be the 17 yard "pass interference" on Byrd covering Gronk when the pass wasn't even to Gronk. At best, that's a 5 yard defensive holding. Even the replacement officials know that. Heck, anyone with basic football knowledge knows that. If there's no investigation into these refs and mis-applied calls, we can all safely assume it was by design.

That's bs.

The commentators were saying the same thing. If it was just bills fans would be one thing.

I would normally agree with you, but not today. It was way too obvious.

I knew once the old refs came back the favoritism would return.

Bring back the neutral, stupid, and fair replacement refs.

But that's well established, that refs make bad bad calls or are in favor of one team vs another any given sunday. Good teams overcome that. If we had more talent we wouldn't have fumbled the ball multiple times. We would have made more stops. We wouldn't have dropped two easy interceptions. We wouldn't have thrown an interception with 23 seconds left in the game when we could have won the game. For all the faults of the refs, the real blame lies with our team. We still had plenty of opportunity to win the game. No excuses.

No surprise, this is the same crew that handed the Steelers SB XL. Aren't unions great!!!

Which is ironically the same crew that tried like crazy to hand last week's Steelers game to the Giants.

I guess this is why I was in the 5% that wasn't crying about the replacements. Regular refs suck a lot.

I just expect all of the calls to go against us. Do you think the NFL wants a small market team like us to be successful? You just have to expect that anything close is going to go against us as usual. Those interference calls were terrible and I would love to see the league try and stand behind the refs on those ones. But it's all for naught if Fitz doesn't try to force it into the endzone on 2 consecutive plays when we have plenty of time to hit someone underneath on a crossing pattern. For a smart guy he's really dumb sometimes

"Even after a slew of questionable calls that seemed to be stacking the deck in favor of the Patriots, the Bills still had a chance to win the game late." For those who think people who complain about the refs in Pats* games are all just sore losers/conspiracy theorists, that's the intro to Mike Florio's article on the game on PFT yesterday. He was going about as far as he's allowed here considering that he works for NBC, which has an agreement with the NFL....

Do you think the NFL wants a small market team like us to be successful?

Green Bay isn't exactly happening. Hell, neither is Pittsburgh for that matter. This notion that calls go against us because of a small market is absolute nonsense. Calls go against us because we suck, have sucked, and likely will continue to suck.

"...the Bills still had a chance to win the game late."

And yet we didn't. So the whole refs thing matters not.

Green Bay isn't exactly happening. Hell, neither is Pittsburgh for that matter. This notion that calls go against us because of a small market is absolute nonsense. Calls go against us because we suck, have sucked, and likely will continue to suck.

It's not so much of the refs trying to screw the Bills as it is the refs trying to give every game to the Pats. The only fair officiating I've seen in a Pats game over the last ten years was during the games with replacement refs.

I think the replacement refs were better. That's why I was so mad when the NFL caved in to bring them back. The real officials are more prone to fix games because they have the networks with Vegas and the gangsters.

Edited by Big Hurt

And yet we didn't. So the whole refs thing matters not.

Kind of hard, though, isn't it to beat the other team and the referees? Look, I don't like it when folks continually winge about the officiating either, particularly in marginal cases that could have gone either way, or which average out over time, but over the years it's been one team over and over and over again that seems to have gotten the benefit of suspect calls against us (and others, I might add). Notice you don't see people here complaining, for ex., about losses to the Fins or Jets (or anyone else) due to poor officiating. When you see something like the Pats* "luck" with the referees on a consistent and predictable basis it should make you think, particularly in a case where said team has already been found to, how shall we say, "bend the rules".....