Last album you bought

NoSaint

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD McPherson..cd. bought at a npr mountain stage show. rockabilly/blues. good stuff. they were selling vinyl too but i don't have a turntable anymore.

Dude..that album rocks! Great singer.

Last album I purchased: The Who "Live at Hull"...just last night! On cd.

Last vinyl: 7" vinyl: Those Darlins "Summers Dead"

MP3: not applicable

stole: stole a copy of T Rex "Slider" from my brother...he had run away from home, gone about 2 years...he didn't need it!

"Squirrel Butter" from Wikipedia: traditional and original music influenced by Appalachian, early country, jugband, and blues artists from the late 1800’s through 1950’s.

They were playing on a sidewalk in Seattle, Wa in August.

Mumford & Sons new CD Babel...'stole'

He was at world cafe live free at noon last Friday...he's awesome!!!

JD McPherson..cd. bought at a npr mountain stage show. rockabilly/blues. good stuff. they were selling vinyl too but i don't have a turntable anymore.

Vinyl is making a pretty big comeback currently - its seen a huge uptick in sales the last couple years.

good stuff. i enjoy getting some new ideas for music in this thread.

CD: All That Remains, "Overcome" (Best guess -- haven't bought a CD in probably three years)

MP3: Kendrick Lamar: "Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City"

Record: Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Street Survivors"

Stole: Never, but I have taken too much music from my friends (with permission) without paying

Edited by GOBILLS78

CD: All That Remains, "Overcome" (Best guess -- haven't bought a CD in probably three years)

MP3: Kendrick Lamar: "Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City"

Record: Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Street Survivors"

Stole: Never, but I have taken too much music from my friends (with permission) without paying

the stole was just getting at the "not bought" aspect of todays music world.....

CD - Umphrey's McGee Live at the Fox Theatre Oakland*

MP3 - Widespread Panic Live at the Fox Theatre Oakland*

Record - I have no idea what the last one was but the first one was Deep Purple Machine Head

*Both shows I attended. Great venue

Edited by Chef Jim

Cd

Record

Mp3

Stole

Any or all of the above

CD: eddie hinton - mighty field of vision

Mp3: will Johnson - scorpion

Record: Carolina chocolate drops, and Aesop rock (on the same day)

Cd: went on a spree, Black Keys "El Camino," The Jam, "All the Mod Cons," Broken Social Scene "Broken Social Scene," Ryan Adams "Stone Roses," Chesterfield Kings "Psychedelic Sunrise," and The Knack, "Rock and Roll is Good for You" (a bunch of their pre-Knack demos and songs.)

Record: Replacements "Pleased to Meet Me." Never got it on vinyl, so had to complete the collection 4-5 years back.

Mp3: The Doughboys "Hear Me Moan," and Sloan, "Unkind."

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Y'know what I think? If a band "gives" a song to radio be played, I feel like they've given it to me and I can then download it free of guilt. I also think that if I've paid a band for their music on one format (vinyl for example), I don't have to pay for it again to get it in another format. Thus I can download mp3 versions of albums I have purchased.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ