Buddy says he wants to draft a QB this year

FluffHead

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to draft some crap prospect in the 3rd round and then have him sit behind Fitz for a year or two and then ultimately take over and predictably fail and then in another 4 years of sub .500 football we can start the cycle of hoping they will draft a real prospect again.

In my opinion this is a very difficult qb class . There are about ten qbs who all show some nice upside. Not Sure smith or Barkley are clealry better then the entire group . This will be the ultimate test Buddy and his team . No doubt a few of thses guys will pan out. FOr what its worth Wilson, Brey and Manual interest me the most. Damn if they dont have us focused on the Draft before Thanksgiving .

Landry Jones has a rocket arm & looked like he could make all the throws vs Notre Dame. My concern is his elusiveness in the pocket, the guy looks more Bledsoe than Marino.

Geno Smith is a real interesting prospect to me, and I would like to see a couple hundred of his plays to get a feel for what he can do.

Nix is unable to build a team through the draft or free agency. For proof look at the 2012 Bills. he should be nowhere near making any decisions regarding quarterbacks next year.

Quite simply the southern hick is clueless. too old, and way over his head. But, let's put all the blame on the coaches. The one's Nix hired.

Most of the "good" starters on the team are leftovers from DJ. Except the new left tackle, and a water bug.

Nix likes the SEC and guys from the south. We all know that from his last two drafts. If Murray finishes strong and declares, i would bet he is the guy. The Bills could probably get him around where they will be picking in the first. Murray is very interesting player. great stats but has struggled at times in 'big games'. When i say finish strong i mean have a great game this Saturday against Auburn- who has a good D. Then play a great game against Bama's D in the Dome for the SEC championship. If Murray does those two things he will vault up to a first round pick. Combine does not matter for QB's, since they hardly ever throw.

How many mulligans does this guy get before people realize he's fumbling in the dark for the light switch? Taking 4 off-seasons to realize you don't have a solid QB on the roster is the most egregious example of a bad GM.

This rebuild, at best, is stuck in the mud because Nix can't get things right the first time.

Perhaps Buddy and the gang should have considered that when Russell Wilson was sitting on the board last year. Try picking a winner who inspires vs. our horrible performance in the 3rd round during the "Buddy Era"

Please refrain from this sort of criticism of our front office. With the benefit of hindsight, anyone can look back and say who the Bills should have drafted. Just remember: The draft is a crapshoot; it's crazy to expect professional talent evaluators to be able to accurately forecast which college players will succeed in the NFL. On the other hand, Russell Wilson has not proven anything and TJ Graham might very well blossom into an all-pro. In Nix we trust!!!

Perhaps Buddy and the gang should have considered that when Russell Wilson was sitting on the board last year. Try picking a winner who inspires vs. our horrible performance in the 3rd round during the "Buddy Era"

Yes they totally should have taken Wilson at #72 or whatever the pick they took Graham with was. Because everyone totally expected Wilson to go in the 3rd round even though almost every big board and projection out there had him listed OUTSIDE the Top 100, therefore making the general consensus on him as a 4th round pick.

Fact is, Seattle jumped on him 1 round earlier than anyone expected, which makes it a whole lot easier to cry about it now.

Please refrain from this sort of criticism of our front office. With the benefit of hindsight, anyone can look back and say who the Bills should have drafted. Just remember: The draft is a crapshoot; it's crazy to expect professional talent evaluators to be able to accurately forecast which college players will succeed in the NFL. On the other hand, Russell Wilson has not proven anything and TJ Graham might very well blossom into an all-pro. In Nix we trust!!!

The draft is not a crapshoot. Either that, or the Patriots and Packers shoot some serious craps. The draft is a crapshoot when idiots are doing the drafting. I'm not saying Nix is an idiot. I think he's drafted pretty well. I'm just saying the draft is not about getting lucky if you have the right guy picking the players.

Some have said 2013 is a very weak draft for QBs but while I think that is true at the top (Barkley and Smith are a step down from Luck and Griffin ) I think there are some real interesting QBs that will be available in the second round or later. EJ Manuel, Landry Jones, Logan Thomas, Collin Klein. I have hopes that the Bills can get a CB like Xavier Rhodes or LB like Manti Te'o in the first round and still get a QB who can make all the throws. One thing the Bills have going for them that haven't in the past is a decent OL (please resign Levitre now) and that will make a big difference in developing a young QB (nothing ruins a QB like having to get the ball out in a second every play).

FWIW I thought Landry Jones actually looked pretty good as well when I was watching Oklahoma. Didn't seem to have happy feet against Notre Dame, and did a decent job taking what they were giving him.

:thumbsup:

How many mulligans does this guy get before people realize he's fumbling in the dark for the light switch? Taking 4 off-seasons to realize you don't have a solid QB on the roster is the most egregious example of a bad GM.

This rebuild, at best, is stuck in the mud because Nix can't get things right the first time.

:worthy:

This conveniently ignores several facts:

1) Buddy repeatedly stated from day 1 of his tenure as GM that he wants to draft a franchise QB, but that he wouldn't spend a pick on a guy unless he felt comfortable that he was "an 8-10 year guy"

2) They reportedly liked Bradfor, Newton, Luck, Griffin, and Tannehill...none were available when they picked, and Buddy felt the team had too many other needs to give up 3 #1 picks to move up

Look back at the 3 drafts Buddy has presided over...the only apparent "franchise" QB they passed on was Dalton, so clearly they didn't feel like he was a franchise level QB. The blame for that one, yes, falls on Nix. You can make a preliminary case for Russell Wilson, but it's fairly early to do so in my opinion.

So, in reviewing the facts, what makes you think that Buddy didn't realize he needed a franchise QB?

In my opinion this is a very difficult qb class . There are about ten qbs who all show some nice upside. Not Sure smith or Barkley are clealry better then the entire group . This will be the ultimate test Buddy and his team . No doubt a few of thses guys will pan out. FOr what its worth Wilson, Brey and Manual interest me the most. Damn if they dont have us focused on the Draft before Thanksgiving .

I may be in the minority but I thought Logan Thomas looked good last night. He's pretty raw, but he's got a huge arm, is a great athlete, and seems to have an accurate deep ball.

Made a few bad decisions, so he'll need to be coached up, but the raw talent is there. He's probably a 2-3 round pick right now...

Nix is unable to build a team through the draft or free agency. For proof look at the 2012 Bills. he should be nowhere near making any decisions regarding quarterbacks next year.

Quite simply the southern hick is clueless. too old, and way over his head. But, let's put all the blame on the coaches. The one's Nix hired.

Most of the "good" starters on the team are leftovers from DJ. Except the new left tackle, and a water bug.

This is a stupid post. If you can't tell that the team has way more talent on it than it did, you're blind. Heck, even our back-ups on the oline are decent now. Yes, we still have holes. QB is first. Perhaps LB or #2 WR is second. But this team is in a much better position than when he got here. Jauron may have a better record, but who cares. Those teams were almost talentless.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

This conveniently ignores several facts:

1) Buddy repeatedly stated from day 1 of his tenure as GM that he wants to draft a franchise QB, but that he wouldn't spend a pick on a guy unless he felt comfortable that he was "an 8-10 year guy"

2) They reportedly liked Bradfor, Newton, Luck, Griffin, and Tannehill...none were available when they picked, and Buddy felt the team had too many other needs to give up 3 #1 picks to move up

Look back at the 3 drafts Buddy has presided over...the only apparent "franchise" QB they passed on was Dalton, so clearly they didn't feel like he was a franchise level QB. The blame for that one, yes, falls on Nix. You can make a preliminary case for Russell Wilson, but it's fairly early to do so in my opinion.

So, in reviewing the facts, what makes you think that Buddy didn't realize he needed a franchise QB?

In the span of 2011-12, 10 QB's were drafted and are starting for their respective teams. Aside from Newton and Luck, the Bills had a chance at all of them. It is inconceivable that those other 8 did not have what Nix was looking for.

You do not wait for the draft to come to you and expect to find a veritable starting QB. If you state that repeatedly, sure, you'll never get the guy.

There are several NFL teams that must rebuild from a failed regime and almost none of them do so without getting their QB near the beginning. 10 teams have done it and while it does not guarantee success, it remains the responsibility of the GM to get that guy ASAP. RF was not their choice upon taking over, had 2 years of film (08-09) that showed he's not a franchise guy, and they still went with him.

Nix's teams are 13-27 in 2+ seasons. So now, they'll grab their guy when it's abundantly clear they need one which provides them another excuse why this rebuild needs more time.

The draft is not a crapshoot. Either that, or the Patriots and Packers shoot some serious craps. The draft is a crapshoot when idiots are doing the drafting. I'm not saying Nix is an idiot. I think he's drafted pretty well. I'm just saying the draft is not about getting lucky if you have the right guy picking the players.

Apparently, sarcasm does not always come through on the internet.