Buddy says he wants to draft a QB this year

FluffHead

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ve been watching colledge Q.B.s for this years draft class. Not much to look at this year. This is my opinion. Yours as always ?

I kind of agree but there are often guys who will surprise.

We'll know a lot more about how good some of these guys really are when they play in the big conference playoffs and bowl games too. There are always guys who pop up on the draft boards after the end of the season.

In a way this may work well for the Bills, because as bad as Fitz has been, they need LB help as much or more.

Let's see where they finish - I still think they are going to get on a bit of a roll before this is over - but I'd be OK with taking a stud MLB in the first and then grabbing OBD's favortite QB available in the 2nd.

Edited by BobChalmers

I have seen a bunch this year who can throw the ball better then fitz. As for the rest of the things you need to make in the league I have to leave that up to the scouts. I will say this it will be interesting to see what qb who can "make all the throws " will do with Chan's playbook

I kind of agree but there are often guys who will surprise.

We'll know a lot more about how good some of these guys really are when they play in the big conference playoffs and bowl games too. There are always guys who pop up on the draft boards after the end of the season.

In a way this may work well for the Bills, because as bad as Fitz has been, they need LB help as much or more.

Let's see where they finish - I still think they are going to get on a bit of a roll before this is over - but I'd be OK with taking a stud MLB in the first and then grabbing OBD's favortite QB available in the 2nd.

One can only hope . I still think Wanny sux as a D .C. We have some Talent. Just bad D coaches.

Most of the "good" starters on the team are leftovers from DJ. Except the new left tackle, and a water bug.

Not to overly defend Nix, but Urbik and Hairston are, "good." And I'm in the minority here, but imo a healthy Pears is at the very least an adequate RT.

As for Dareus, Bills fans are depressed enough. Let's not eliminate the possibility that he can return to form. :thumbsup:

. I like A.J. McCarron and think he would be the guy I take if he were available @ our pick in the 1st, but he may very well just stay in school.

I am a HUGE Bama fan, and have been one for many decades. McCarron is a nice kid, but count me as one who is officially off the McCarron bandwagon. I don't think that he has enough of an arm, which is a shame, because he does have everything else.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Not to overly defend Nix, but Urbik and Hairston are, "good." And I'm in the minority here, but imo a healthy Pears is at the very least and adequate RT.

As for Dareus, Bills fans are depressed enough. Let's not eliminate the possibility that he can return to form. :thumbsup:

I am a HUGE Bama fan, and have been one for many decades. McCarron is a nice kid, but count me as one who is officially off the McCarron bandwagon. I don't think that he has enough of an arm, which is a shame, because he does have everything else.

Also a big bama fan and in my opinion Mccarron can make all the throws.

Please refrain from this sort of criticism of our front office. With the benefit of hindsight, anyone can look back and say who the Bills should have drafted. Just remember: The draft is a crapshoot; it's crazy to expect professional talent evaluators to be able to accurately forecast which college players will succeed in the NFL. On the other hand, Russell Wilson has not proven anything and TJ Graham might very well blossom into an all-pro. In Nix we trust!!!

What is fact is this: 1. That is the number of QBs that Nix has drafted in his tenure. 1 is also the number of kickers he has drafted. Everyone knows that those 2 positions are of equal importance to a football team's success.

Nix not addressing the QB position in any way/shape/form is one of his top 3 failures with Buffalo.

Also a big bama fan and in my opinion Mccarron can make all the throws.

Almost every qb can throw 50 or 60 yards with no problem. What matters most (imo) is what the ball is doing for the last 5 yards. On his deep throws, especially the 52 yarder, the receivers have to slow down to make the catch. He missed out on TDs because he couldn't hit the receiver in stride.