The Dog Thread

Gugny

This is Chloe. She is my 4-year-old puggle. Took 2 years to fully housebreak, but she turned out to be one hell of a great dog.

Tell us about your dog and share a pic or two.

If you hit "More Reply Options" it will give you the option to attach a file so you can post a pic.

post-12350-0-36972000-1352303822_thumb.jpg

Edited by gugny

Sorry for the watermark. This photo of five month old Cockapoo, named Deacon. He has been great.

Nice looking dog and love the name!

Nice, big for a puggle huh?

I've got a few mutts myself...

post-14962-0-13987000-1352306266_thumb.jpgpost-14962-0-93352900-1352306266_thumb.jpg

Nice! And Chloe is average for a puggle, I think. Not sure how big Paatt's is.

My daughter has a 5 yr old Puggle and Calie is a great dog.

Smart, playful, affectionate.

Mrs. Lew and I have a 17.5 year old mutt. Kibbles is a yellow

lab with the size of a cocker spaniel. Kibbles is having vision and

hearing issues as a dog aged 17 years should have.

Her appetite and sense of smell is 100%

Nice looking dog and love the name!

Nice! And Chloe is average for a puggle, I think. Not sure how big Paatt's is.

my puggle is 2 years old and hes 26 pounds....average puggle is right around 20-22 pounds...my guy is long and lean (says the vet) and I think thats probably the case with gug's puggle as well since she doesnt look fat

Dog in my avatar is now a 10 1/2 yr old Great Dane - Pooch Wilson. About 150 lbs. Sadly, it's about time to euthanize him. :(

(I tried to upload a more recent photo, but it's too large.)

Edited by eSJayDee

my puggle is 2 years old and hes 26 pounds....average puggle is right around 20-22 pounds...my guy is long and lean (says the vet) and I think thats probably the case with gug's puggle as well since she doesnt look fat

Yep. Chloe walks a minimum of a mile/day and only eats 2 cups of hard food/day. My girl's in some shape!!

I have a 4.5 year old beagle myself. Trent is his name. First picture is at 3 months, second is relatively current. Great dog but he can be stubborn as hell sometimes haha.

post-11404-13523076246022_thumb.jpgpost-11404-13523077563089_thumb.jpg

Note to self ... Never name my dog after a QB until I know he's going to be really good!!!

Yep. Chloe walks a minimum of a mile/day and only eats 2 cups of hard food/day. My girl's in some shape!!

yea Wally gets one cup in the AM, one cup in the PM and also walks at least a mile in a day...gotta be extra careful with puggles, they will eat until they die...

I have a bunny who thinks she's a dog - does that count?

post a pic or it didnt happen

Ha, I have one one of those.

This cat (really, he's still a kitten, but he's huge) hears me feeding the dog and runs as fast as he can. The dog (Chloe) lets the cat (Shane) grab a couple pieces of food to eat, then all bets are off. He also walks around the house with things in his mouth. Small toys. Pieces of paper. If he finds a piece of paper, he grabs it with his mouth and runs away with it. He's insane.

Dog in my avatar is now a 10 1/2 yr old Great Dane - Pooch Wilson. About 150 lbs. Sadly, it's about time to euthanize him. :(

This is heart-wrenching. Sorry you're going through this. Some of the worst times in my life have been saying goodbye to pets. God Bless.

Sorry to hear that :(. Just remember that you gave Pooch a great life full of great memories. Best of luck with the whole situation.

Sorry to hear that :(. Just remember that you gave Pooch a great life full of great memories. Best of luck with the whole situation.

Thanks. It's certainly something I've been dreading for awhile. He's certainly been enjoyable for me. They say Dane's life expectancy is only 7-8 yrs (my parents had a couple when I was younger that lived to be 10ish), so he's lived a long & good life.

Great thread, gug!! :thumbsup: I'll get some pics of my pooches up in a little bit.

eSJayDee, sorry to hear about your upcoming situation. It's definitely the worst part of owning such great animals. Best wishes through everything. I know it's a personal choice, but I strongly urge you to stay with your dog when it is their time to pass.

Great lookin' doggies in this thread.

eSJayDee, I feel for you & your Wilson. I lost my best friend in June. Not ready yet for another, but maybe in a year or so. Maybe get a puppy when my little girl is about 3 or so, so she can grow up with it & have a sidekick.

The greatness of a dog is impossible to overstate.

Here's a pic of my Billie (1996-2012). She hung around long enough for "Doggie" to be my daughter's first word.

post-3254-0-92725300-1352323849_thumb.jpg

Awesome to see everyone's pups!

Here is Gracie, the 12 week old pittie I found tied up outside in a winter storm with no shelter. The owner had just gotten her but couldnt take care of her (surprise, surprise). He said he was looking for a good home for her, meanwhile she was outside freezing to death. She just turned 3 on 11/1 and is the sweetest dog Ive ever owned. She was raised with two older pugs, so she thinks she's a small lap dog.

The pics are 1. The day I brought her home, 2. Gracie on a boat, and 3. Napping with her big brother, Boo the One-Eyed Pug.

post-6219-0-52491100-1352337902_thumb.jpg

post-6219-0-54185000-1352337985_thumb.jpg

post-6219-0-49453800-1352337998_thumb.jpg

Here is Gracie, the 12 week old pittie I found tied up outside in a winter storm with no shelter. The owner had just gotten her but couldnt take care of her (surprise, surprise). He said he was looking for a good home for her, meanwhile she was outside freezing to death. She just turned 3 on 11/1 and is the sweetest dog Ive ever owned. She was raised with two older pugs, so she thinks she's a small lap dog.

The pics are 1. The day I brought her home, 2. Gracie on a boat, and 3. Napping with her big brother, Boo the One-Eyed Pug.

LOVE the story...your a good man...

whys the pug only have one eye?

LOVE the story...your a good man...

whys the pug only have one eye?

Boo (9 years old) is my gf's dog. He was over at her parent's house last year and got food aggressive with their Wheaton terrier (which has typical Wheaton behavioral problems on top of Boo instigating). The surprised Wheaton kinda snapped and swatted at Boo and got his eye with either a tooth or a paw or whatever. It all happened pretty quickly. Boo ended up losing the eye. Which isn't that out of the ordinary for Pugs, a breed that often gets eye damage since they tend to bug out of their head a bit. He didnt skip a beat though and is a very calm, non-aggressive guy now that he's moved to the south to retire. :thumbsup:

Great story. I'd like to meet the former owner. Just once. Totally loving the names of these dogs in this thread!!

Great lookin' doggies in this thread.

eSJayDee, I feel for you & your Wilson. I lost my best friend in June. Not ready yet for another, but maybe in a year or so. Maybe get a puppy when my little girl is about 3 or so, so she can grow up with it & have a sidekick.

The greatness of a dog is impossible to overstate.

Here's a pic of my Billie (1996-2012). She hung around long enough for "Doggie" to be my daughter's first word.

R.I.P. Billie. Sorry for your loss. Love the greatness quote.

This is my Golden Retriever Phoebe.

She is by far the best dog I have ever owned.

She is about 1 1/2 years.

As you can see she is a Bills fan like her owner lol

Nice looking dog! I love golden retrievers. About a month ago, I was walking Chloe and a neighbor's golden retriever got out (fence was left open) and came running to us. I figured, being a golden, she just wanted to say hi. Well she ended up attacking my dog!!! Chloe's first reaction to any dog that's bigger than she is, is to go to the ground and basically be totally submissive. That's what she did and the golden growled and bit her in the side. Mind you, this all happened in literally 10-15 seconds, so I was floored. My instinct was to pull Chloe up by her leash, which I did and scooped her into my arms. No idea how that didn't hurt her neck, but it didn't.

Anyway, no harm/no foul. There was no broken skin and the owner came and got his dog (he's a doctor, and in hindsight I should've put my hand down there and lost a finger or two - instant debt relief, but I digress) and he apologized profusely. I told him everything was okay/not a big deal.

I've never known a golden retriever to be so aggressive, so I thought I'd share. And I'm glad to see Phoebe is a Spiller fan!

post-15917-0-42714600-1352319584_thumb.jpgguess technology and me aren't clicking.......i guess my dog is my avatar now.............everyone enjoy the sideways pitbull.....she billieves!

That dog looks like she hates Ryan Fitzpatrick.

This is Haley. She's a husky mix, i think about 7 years old. I got her as a rescue, so I am not sure of all the details, like her exact age or parentage - and she's not talking. I just know I am lucky to have her.

post-2193-0-17836400-1352387775_thumb.jpg

Edited by DPR4444

Great story. I'd like to meet the former owner. Just once. Totally loving the names of these dogs in this thread!!

R.I.P. Billie. Sorry for your loss. Love the greatness quote.

Nice looking dog! I love golden retrievers. About a month ago, I was walking Chloe and a neighbor's golden retriever got out (fence was left open) and came running to us. I figured, being a golden, she just wanted to say hi. Well she ended up attacking my dog!!! Chloe's first reaction to any dog that's bigger than she is, is to go to the ground and basically be totally submissive. That's what she did and the golden growled and bit her in the side. Mind you, this all happened in literally 10-15 seconds, so I was floored. My instinct was to pull Chloe up by her leash, which I did and scooped her into my arms. No idea how that didn't hurt her neck, but it didn't.

Anyway, no harm/no foul. There was no broken skin and the owner came and got his dog (he's a doctor, and in hindsight I should've put my hand down there and lost a finger or two - instant debt relief, but I digress) and he apologized profusely. I told him everything was okay/not a big deal.

I've never known a golden retriever to be so aggressive, so I thought I'd share. And I'm glad to see Phoebe is a Spiller fan!

That dog looks like she hates Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Haaaaaa... She keeps telling me we should trade for Kirk cousins.....I don't know what her deal is ! Haaaa