3rd and 2, 3rd quarter, 5 point game...

Utter incompetence on behalf of our beloved defensive guru Dave Wannsted.

Dave Wannstedt has Gilmore playing 8 yards off the line of scrimmage against Johnson and stepping back at the snap of the ball. Wannstedt is just giving the game away. This is the NFL! You can't make it that easy for your opponnets. Wannstedt's scheme is a major part of the defensive woes on this team. Yes we have talent problems but Wannstedt has compounded these issues. He has to go.

Worst defensive coordinator the Buffalo Bills ever had!

Gailey didn't have his best game either. Why is he kicking field goals instead of going for it on 4th downs? With this defense and your opponnent, the only chance you have to win is to score touchdowns. Major mistep in this game. Another thing is CJ spiller has to get a minimum of 25 touches per game (running and receiving).

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Dave Wannstedt has Gilmore playing 8 yards off the line of scrimmage against Johnson and stepping back at the snap of the ball. Wannstedt is just giving the game away. This is the NFL! You can't make it that easy for your opponnets. Wannstedt's scheme is a major part of the defensive woes on this team. Yes we have talent problems but Wannstedt has compounded these issues. He has to go.

Gailey didn't have his best game either. Why is he kicking field goals instead of going for it on 4th downs? With this defense and your opponnent, the only chance you have to win is to score touchdowns. Major mistep in this game. Another thing is CJ spiller has to get a minimum of 25 touches per game (running and receiving).

for today's nfl, that was a phenomenal defensive performance, on the road, against a team that can absolutely light it up.

i have been mad at wanny all season, but to be mad at a rookie corner for not getting physical on the line with the best wideout in the game? come on, he SURELY would have been flagged. its not 1996 anymore, you cant d up all world wideouts anymore.

speaking of the way the modern-day NFL works... what a coincidence that with a god awful quarterback under center who cant protect the ball and cant throw it further than 20 yards, we are 13-27 the last 3 years. what a coincidence.

If you fail converting 3rds why would you think you'll succeed on fourth? The d needed to hold Houston to a field goal on the last drive. Then you're in a one score game.

Fitz cant make a play downfield and Just keeps showing he can't even come close to taking over a game and pulling out a win for the team.

Another loser year.

I really have no idea why Gilmore wasn't on Johnson all game instead of Williams. Was anyone else happy that Williams went down with an injury? I mean, not being mean, I wouldn't want anything serious, but I was more optimistic after he went out.

I really have no idea why Gilmore wasn't on Johnson all game instead of Williams. Was anyone else happy that Williams went down with an injury? I mean, not being mean, I wouldn't want anything serious, but I was more optimistic after he went out.

mrags, I kept asking myself the same thing!! I didn't want aw to go down, but benched......ABSOLUTELY!! Looks like we'll be drafting another corner!! Lol

Houston lines up on 3rd and 2. Down at the bottom of the screen Stephon Gilmore is giving Andre Johnson an EIGHT YARD CUSHION, and he then BACKPEDALS two more yards at the snap.

Easiest freaking pitch and catch for a first down you'll ever see.

I'm so $%^%@ done with this team!

Houston lines up on 3rd and 2. Down at the bottom of the screen Stephon Gilmore is giving Andre Johnson an EIGHT YARD CUSHION, and he then BACKPEDALS two more yards at the snap.

You aint done brother..just takiung a breather for a few days this week.

Seems the coaches don't have confidence in Gilmore

if we arent blitzing much, theres no reason not to jam him and have help over the top in case he gets by.

i havent seen the replay but someone mentioned that a dlineman dropped into the zone that direction, but didnt play it well? perhaps they were attempting to bait the short pass there and then have it undercut?

im tired of messing up the easy stuff so fundamentally though. it gets exhausting to watch.

Absolutely! That was the key play to this game and Wannstedt just gave the 1st down to them. That was 100% all on scheme there. Wannstedt is a part of the problem on defense for sure.

Click on this thread below! :) :)

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/152161-3rd-and-2-3rd-quarter-5-point-game/

Gilmore will suck until his rookie contract is over. leave and become serviceable elsewhere. A. Williams is a testament to why you don't make a lifelong scout a GM at 70 years old.This staff is in way over their heads. We will need to draft another DB very early yet again.