L.A. Stadium A Go Unanimous Approval !!

T master

Well it is all approved out in L.A. the only thing that is missing is an NFL team to fill the stadium after it is built ..

With the unanimous approval by the L.A. city counsel that means while we do as our D coordinator for the Bills does & hold our coarse meaning sticking with the $200 million dollar upgrades to the Ralph instead of seriously looking into the investors that are wiling to foot 70% of the bill for a new stadium some where in Buffalo .

We will eventually be just like our D with a 32nd ranking in the league , all the fans so pissed they could care if the Bills stay or go (until their gone) & wondering why they went as they pack the trucks in the middle of the night to greener & more prosperous pastures !!

But hey after all why should we good forward every one here is happy with just staying in the rut we have been in , well at least Ralph & company must be .

So let's all just get ready for the inevitable b/c the ball is starting to roll & once it starts if there is no resistance to push back to keep our team home it will just continue to gain momentum & by the time Brandon & company has a clue it will be to late !!

So if you know any one in high places tell them to get off there good intentions & get a groove looking toward the future before all of our bi**hing will be because we no longer have a team to Bi**h about !!

The way things are transpiring just puts me into the mindset of inevitability.

Even if there's a twelve-year lease tomorrow, it will be broken the second the next owner takes possession. And for all the talk, I just don't see how a guy committed to keeping them in Buffalo can buy 'em. Whether that's due to $ issues, LA people simply opening up a bidding war until Golisano or whoever simply caves, or the required two-thirds of NFL owners don't approve of a sale to a Buffalo-committed owner.

Sorry for the pessimism, but that's what I get when I think with my head and not with my heart.

The Buffalo Bills are not moving to L.A.. Just stop it. Yesterday there was a thread about them moving to London. This team is not going anywhere and unless and until you have some actual evidence that someone is planning to move the Bills please stop with this nonsense. I don't mean speculation, I mean actual evidence. I will repeat what I said yesterday. Until someone has some actual proof that a move is imminent, this team is the BUFFALO Bills. Not the London Bills, not the L.A. Bills, the BUFFALO Bills. Still the same team in the same location as it has been since 1960. Nothing to see here, so move along.

I think that this Thursday night game is a big deal with respect to whether the city of buffalo can support an nfl franchise. I'm a season ticket holder, but can't make that game because of work schedule, and I'm sure that there are many people in the same boat as me. People in the buffalo area are going to have to sell that prime time game against a storied rival out, and if they can't, will lose a little faith with respect to the viability of the franchise...

But there were lots of empty seats in the San Diego game last night....

Oh, and if Russ were to have dropped the sell out percentage, also would not have to worry....

This is just another dumb decision by some California politicians. LA cannot and will not support an NFL team. It has been proven three times.

I agree. In a state that is virtually bankrupt and with a track record of not supporting the Rams and Raiders on two different occasions, why would they build this mega-stadium?? One answer: Lingerie League

This is just another dumb decision by some California politicians. LA cannot and will not support an NFL team. It has been proven three times.

Judging 2012 support based on 1990 numbers, when the league's popularity dominance, not to mention its cash intake, has literally skyrocketed since then is completely disingenuous.

And for the poster who requires proof that the Billsnare moving imminently.... Well, no. That's not what anyone's saying. But the next available franchise that can possibly be moved without creating too much of a ripple will be going. The best case would be that the Chargers, who need a new stadium and aren't going to get it in SD, move a few miles north --- best for the fans, best for the league. But make no mistake that LA will make a grab, and we have an owner who's in his mid-90s and has repeatedly gone on record as saying that the Bills will be sold by his estate to the highest bidder. We don't really need evidence, we have those two facts that loom closer with every day.

A lot of how this chess game all plays out is going to depend on the luck of timing. And Lady Luck is a fickle b----- especially for this team.

The OP has it backwards. There will be no stadium until there is a team to fill it.

In order to fill it, the current owner of a team will have to be willing to move and sell a significant chunk of his team to the builder of the stadium.

There will be no ground breaking soon.

The Buffalo Bills are not moving to L.A.. Just stop it. Yesterday there was a thread about them moving to London. This team is not going anywhere and unless and until you have some actual evidence that someone is planning to move the Bills please stop with this nonsense. I don't mean speculation, I mean actual evidence. I will repeat what I said yesterday. Until someone has some actual proof that a move is imminent, this team is the BUFFALO Bills. Not the London Bills, not the L.A. Bills, the BUFFALO Bills. Still the same team in the same location as it has been since 1960. Nothing to see here, so move along.

Signed,

The Los Angeles Clippers.

Meanwhile you have fans defending why they won't buy a ticket for games in December. We are the best fans in the NFL. Just don't make us support our team.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Signed,

The Los Angeles Clippers.

Meanwhile you have fans defending why they won't buy a ticket for games in December. We are the best fans in the NFL. Just don't make us support our team.

PTR

Well at least you managed to make me laugh. As you well know, the Braves were not well supported and had a limited run in Buffalo. The Bills have been here for over 50 years. I would be shocked if anyone were successful in purchasing them and moving them. The Braves? Not so much. Saw that one coming. And if memory serves, the stadium used to sell out in December when we had a better team that could actually compete in this league. Nobody wants to freeze their ass off to watch their team get embarrassed. December is the best time to watch a game at the Ralph when the Bills actually have a chance to win. It's fun watching those other teams, particularly Miami and West Coast teams try and play in the snow. Not so much fun when the home team can't play either.

Well at least you managed to make me laugh. As you well know, the Braves were not well supported and had a limited run in Buffalo. The Bills have been here for over 50 years. I would be shocked if anyone were successful in purchasing them and moving them. The Braves? Not so much. Saw that one coming. And if memory serves, the stadium used to sell out in December when we had a better team that could actually compete in this league. Nobody wants to freeze their ass off to watch their team get embarrassed. December is the best time to watch a game at the Ralph when the Bills actually have a chance to win. It's fun watching those other teams, particularly Miami and West Coast teams try and play in the snow. Not so much fun when the home team can't play either.

Actually the Bills have historically had trouble selling out December games, even in the Super Bowl years. I posted elsewhere how fans couldn't sell out the '94 AFC Championship game because "they were sick of losing Super Bowls." We always have an excuse. And if that's how fans feel, then go cry a river when the team leaves. We call ourselves the greatest fans but the attendance numbers say otherwise.

Now here's something I don't recall...

from 1971–75, the Braves played a total of 16 home games at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario in the hopes of expanding their fan base beyond Western New York and into the Greater Toronto Area (a similar strategy has been employed by the NFL's Buffalo Bills since 2008

So the Bills weren't the first.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot