Jason Cole rips Wanny on Howard Simon show

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying the play of the worst defense in the league has no bearing whatsoever?

The Kurt Warner-era Rams gave up over 30 points/game on a regular basis. The Rams won the Super Bowl. Good QBs get the job done. The Bills' defense is playing poorly because of their inept QB.

Anyway, don't compare an utter craphead Chan Gailey (13-26) to HoF HC Marv levy 112-70 while with Buffalo, and 11-8 in the playoffs. Marv was a supreme motivator, offense, defense and special teams...just ask his ex players

This is precisely what a head coach needs to do. I've said this a million times...the HC needs to coordinate between the offense, defense, and special teams. It's his job to make sure everyone's on the same page (including the players) and manage things on game day. Chan is trying to do all of that and run the offense at the same time...too much, IMO.

P.S. Chan Gailey has the RB's to build a dominate running team into a winner! Instead its just a shame the last 3 years all Gailey has wanted to do was try and magically transform a backup QB into Tom Brady. Then running 4-5 WR spread shotgun empty backfield sets with only one decent WR on the field :doh:

This drives me mad - classic example is when he needed 4 yards on 3rd down against Tennessee...run the ball!! Even if they didn't make it, they'd chew up some clock and punt to put the Titans farther down the field. He was overthinking the situation with a historically inaccurate QB.

The Kurt Warner-era Rams gave up over 30 points/game on a regular basis. The Rams won the Super Bowl. Good QBs get the job done. The Bills' defense is playing poorly because of their inept QB.

You seem to be one of those people who needs easy, single-source explanations for things. Are you by any chance a Lyndon LaRouche supporter? Just curious.

You seem to be one of those people who needs easy, single-source explanations for things. Are you by any chance a Lyndon LaRouche supporter? Just curious.

The only explanation anyone needs is that benching Fitz right now makes this a playoff team. Because of his noodle arm, our defense is on the field far too much and getting burned because of it. Dave W. was brought in because of his proven success as a DC. He has no chance to showcase the talents that he and this defense have because of the inability of Fitzpatrick to put together a drive with any consistency. It's frustrating!

You are kidding right? Tell me that Drew Brees is a bad QB?

Look at the NO Saints this year, putting up 25+ pts almost every game and still losing because they just might have a worse defense then the Buffalo Bills this year. The QB can effect the defense somewhat, but not to the extent you are making out of it.

Loss 40-32, 339 yards passing

Loss 35-27, 325 yards passing

Loss 27-24, 240 yards passing

Loss 28-27, 446 yards passing

win 31-24, 370 yards passing

win 35-28, 377 yards passing

Loss 34-14, 213 yards passing

What this shows is sometimes you can have a great QB that throws a ton,and that doesn't always equate to wins!

The Bills are losing because they have a bad coaching staff. Yea, they could use a better QB, but like shown above even Drew Brees can't do it all by himself. Trust me, this years Bills defense is the worst defense this franchise has ever fielded. All because of a bad defensive coordinator.

http://audio.wgr550....d-as-of-now.htm

Edited by Fear the Beard

You are kidding right? Tell me that Drew Brees is a bad QB?

Look at the NO Saints this year, putting up 25+ pts almost every game and still losing because they just might have a worse defense then the Buffalo Bills this year. The QB can effect the defense somewhat, but not to the extent you are making out of it.

Loss 40-32, 339 yards passing

Loss 35-27, 325 yards passing

Loss 27-24, 240 yards passing

Loss 28-27, 446 yards passing

win 31-24, 370 yards passing

win 35-28, 377 yards passing

Loss 34-14, 213 yards passing

What this shows is sometimes you can have a great QB that throws a ton,and that doesn't always equate to wins!

The Bills are losing because they have a bad coaching staff. Yea, they could use a better QB, but like shown above even Drew Brees can't do it all by himself. Trust me, this years Bills defense is the worst defense this franchise has ever fielded. All because of a bad defensive coordinator.

http://audio.wgr550....d-as-of-now.htm

You don't get points for lots of passing yards. Brees isn't getting the ball in the endzone .. hence the losing record. Same deal as the Bills. Sad, but true.

Thank you. A very small handful of people have been pointing this out since the consecutive blowouts to New England and San Francisco.

There are many motivating factors: money, professionalism, pride, and BELIEF IN THEIR LEADER.

When you have incompetent managers who squander your effort due to their ineptitude, you soon destroy the spirit and belief within the team.

Bottom line, if the Bills believed in Wanny, they would play hard because they'd know their efforts were likely to be rewarded.

However they know that every Sunday, they are being put in a position of failure due to their leader being outcoached by their opponent's leader.

The players know that even if they were to give the utmost effort, that their efforts would be wasted.

At some point the group becomes demoralized because they have zero belief in their leader.

When a team quits on a coach, they are saying "I'm not playing for this guy anymore. You can fire all of us or you can fire him."

Exactly. Most or all of these players are going to be physically and/or mentally afflicted from this game the rest of their lives. Will that be worth it?

I do wonder about how much Mario's attitude and play have factored into this mess though. Got the article today:http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19963387/2012/10/31/mario-williams-still-has-issues-with-the-way-he-left-the-texans

where Mario blames the GM for him leaving town. When he was recruited by the Bills he mentioned several times it was important that we didn't expect him to be a leader, simply let him do his own thing. I think Sully's article on Mario captured the rest of it well. Sounds like Mario has been treated with kid gloves and in fact it reminds me of LeBron's time in Cleveland. Mario seems to love blaming somebody or something else when he's having problems.

Got to believe that's screwed up the locker room a bit, especially when everybody in the organization really wanted Mario here.

You don't get points for lots of passing yards. Brees isn't getting the ball in the endzone .. hence the losing record. Same deal as the Bills. Sad, but true.

I'm not sure I'm following this. The Bills are #12 in the NFL in points per game and Fitz has thrown 15 TDs (only 5 have thrown more). New Orleans Saints are #6 in the the league in points per game and Brees has thrown 20 TD passes. How is that not getting the ball in the endzone?

In points given up per game the Bills are dead last and the Saints at #30.

The Saints and Bills problems are similar in that neither team has a defense.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19963387/2012/10/31/mario-williams-still-has-issues-with-the-way-he-left-the-texans

Does this not say it all? Does this man give you this impression that he's loving life right now? Doesn't credit the Bills in any way shape or form: organization, teammates, coaching staff etc.

Not sure about all of you, but this does not appear to be a guy that's going to give 150% and live for B-lo to be a contender again.

Not expecting a leader, but we are expecting performance.

wow.

I'll never understand why using the ambiguity of the internet to confuse people is entertaining. It's not hard and it's certainly not clever.

Please stop using words that more than 80% of the posters need to look up, including myself. I'll never understand why using big words on the internet to confuse people is entertaining. It's not hard and it's certainly not clever.