Jason Cole rips Wanny on Howard Simon show

Many people on this forum have said that the Offense has a decent line, good RBs, a QB whose passes are not particularly strong or accurate, and a group of receivers that are small and don't always get open. Therefore the offense should rely on runs ansd screens, and the QB should be a game manager. In other words, choose plays that your offense is suited for.

On defense, the front four were pretty good early in the season, but lately they have been questionable. The LBs have always been considered to be below average, and the DBs are average, more or less. Therefore, the defense should run plays that are designed to work with the talent level that is available. Since A. Williams isn't very good in coverage, would it hurt to blitz him occasionally? Aren't there other ideas that would be appropriate to try to get the most out of this group of players? Playing "Fit the Gap" isn't working. Look at your players and figure out what will (or might) work.

This has been the primary problem with the team for the past 3 years. Every game Chan comes out passing like he has Tom Brady behind center instead of a backup who has never been a winner. Fitz could get the job done if supported by a power running game to build his confidence like the 49ers / Ravens et al.

I honestly have a difficult time believing that Dave Wannstedt could field a defense this bad with the talent he has on the roster. This defense should be kicking arse instead of taking it in the arse just about every stinking game.

This regime has me longing for the 7-9 Jauron seasons. Better talent then Jauron had and yet a worse record....unbelievably bad defense

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been the primary problem with the team for the past 3 years. Every game Chan comes out passing like he has Tom Brady behind center instead of a backup who has never been a winner. Fitz could get the job done if supported by a power running game to build his confidence like the 49ers / Ravens et al.

I honestly have a difficult time believing that Dave Wannstedt could field a defense this bad with the talent he has on the roster. This defense should be kicking arse instead of taking it in the arse just about every stinking game.

This regime has me longing for the 7-9 Jauron seasons. Better talent then Jauron had and yet a worse record....unbelievably bad defense

Exactly, exactly, exactly.