Junk 'n Stuff: Insight Needed on Mario's Magical Mystery Surge

Thanks for the translation.

As for the other part: Player is the highest paid defensive player of all time. Team gets fined for not reporting the injury. Player seems to go off without permission to get surgery. Player, according to ESPN, texts FO about it. Coach says he has no clue what's going on. All player says is junk n stuff. Then says team knew about it.

Disagree with your analysis.

And I have nothing against him, and I imagine every fan--even those whose bashed him--hopes the surgery works.

It is as odd as **** to say the least.

And people wonder why the Bills have trouble attracting big names in free agency. If I were a free agent and saw the way Mario's been treated by some Bills fans, I'd never want to sign here.

I have been worried about this as well.

I have been worried about this as well.

There are worse cities where fans will crucify their players.Having a annual losing team contributes to that. However, that does not excuse what amounts to childlike bullying to people because "Dey didn't play well on meh team"

Ignorant.

Chan said he was in contact all along with Mario. The conspiracy theory is so much more interesting though

Really?

Gailey was vague on any other details surrounding the procedure, saying he had “no idea” whether it was performed in Buffalo or in Houston, where Williams played the first six seasons of his career.

The coach said he “thinks” the procedure was performed Tuesday, but was coy about everything else when it came to Williams, as evidenced by the following exchange with reporters.

Question: When and how was the decision made?

Gailey: “I don’t know all that. They told me what happened and said he’ll be ready next week, that’s all I know right now.”

Q: So you’re not clear on exactly what the issue is with the wrist?

Gailey: “No.”

Q: Is that Williams’ decision , or does he have to run it by team doctors?

Gailey: “I don’t know how all that’s made, I just know it happened.”

Q: Just to clarify, was it a surgical procedure? You said procedure.

Gailey: “I don’t know exactly what it was, to be honest with you. I don’t know if they did something non-invasive or invasive.

That's a guy who was in contact the whole time?

How would it read if Chan had no idea what went on with Mario's surgery?

Edited by Mr. WEO

I am not a Williams hater, though, living in TX, I wasn't convinced he was the game changer we Bills fans thought they were getting. That said, the article posted on the front, with the interview given to the Houston media is pretty bad, in a Bills inferiority complex sort of way. He goes out of his way to insure Houston fans that he didn't want to be a free agent, but wasn't given a choice....says he loved playing in Houston...never mentions he is happy to be in Buffalo (c'mon lie a little Mario) and, honestly, he says he doesn't care what fans think...apparently, unless they are Houston fans...I think Bills fans have been excessively harsh after 7 games...but man, the guy is not much on PR.

I am not a Williams hater, though, living in TX, I wasn't convinced he was the game changer we Bills fans thought they were getting. That said, the article posted on the front, with the interview given to the Houston media is pretty bad, in a Bills inferiority complex sort of way. He goes out of his way to insure Houston fans that he didn't want to be a free agent, but wasn't given a choice....says he loved playing in Houston...never mentions he is happy to be in Buffalo (c'mon lie a little Mario) and, honestly, he says he doesn't care what fans think...apparently, unless they are Houston fans...I think Bills fans have been excessively harsh after 7 games...but man, the guy is not much on PR.

I read his quote and the first thing that popped into my mind was he never really wanted to leave Houston.

That has to piss u off as a season ticket holder ( Im not BTW). Any ticket buyer would be simply because they are going to fell they are not getting their money worth with this guy. He doesnt seem really to be motivated at this point because he may not like it here. The Fans has a right to voice some displeasure. some take it way to far but that the life we live in today.

Mario was dumb to even say it IMO. I wonder how the team is gonna take ii, there has to be some that gonna not like it.

He had arthoscopic surgery. Look that up and tell me if its a big deal. To me it says, Mario isnt worried about it and is ready to play football finally healthy.

I think your looking for more reasons to run this guy out of town.

You mean other than waiting until half the season to address your wrist that is so bothersome its keeping you from being productive, we really need more reasons to dislike him at the moment.

I read his quote and the first thing that popped into my mind was he never really wanted to leave Houston.

That has to piss u off as a season ticket holder ( Im not BTW). Any ticket buyer would be simply because they are going to fell they are not getting their money worth with this guy. He doesnt seem really to be motivated at this point because he may not like it here. The Fans has a right to voice some displeasure. some take it way to far but that the life we live in today.

Mario was dumb to even say it IMO. I wonder how the team is gonna take ii, there has to be some that gonna not like it.

Okay...in fairness to Mario Williams, this article was posted after the Houston media article, Mario says he is happy in Buffalo:

http://wgr550.com/tw...-drive/14667344

"Williams doesn’t want any fans in Houston or in Buffalo to think he doesn’t want to be where he is now, “I’m here now and I’m ecstatic about it and we need to make the best of it, but there was never an offer from the general manager, it was a one way door that was opened.”

Edited by Buftex

Sometimes I wish we had targeted Jeremy Mincey instead. Maybe then we could talk football instead of conspiracy theories

Which conpiracy are you talking about?

The one where Bills fans have the power to "run players out of town"? Still waiting for you to name a single such player...

Does anyone know, or have an educated guess, what actually went down here--from a medical and PR perspective?

Mario says this:

"I just had it cleaned up. I mean from whatever I injured earlier on in the year. There was a bunch of junk and stuff that was in there. That's the reason why I couldn't have motion and couldn't really use it... I couldn't tell you exactly the terminology of that. I mean they cleaned it up. I wasn't awake, so I don't know. It is what it is, basically just cleaning it out."

Just "cleaned up?" "Junk and stuff?" WTF is that? Makes as much as sense as Wanny's repeated use of the phrase "not fitting it up."

You have an $98 million wrist, and don't know (or you're not saying) what the procedure was? And you text the front office about it? And, supposedly, they knew, but that's not what the previous stories implied. Further, the Buffalo staff weren't able to clean out some junk? (And stuff).

Whole thing is bizarre from this fan's viewpoint.

It was a texting accident.

If this surgery was so beneficial I have to question why he didn't miss one week and have it done sooner.......Damn poor excuse for lousy performance.

because they thought it would heal up on its own? and truly, we havent heard/seen how beneficial it will be over the long term.

medical treatment is easy to second guess in hindsight, but sometimes its as much an art as a science.

I'm fairly sure he never had any surgery. This is just a ploy for him to save face.

Sullivan: "Mario, why have you been sucking? Is it because you're not putting forth any effort and lazy?"

Williams: "Well, because I've been injured, but I'm all better now after my surgery *wink, wink* (which miraculously healed over the span of a couple days, by the way)".

I fully expect him to play lights out now.

because they thought it would heal up on its own? and truly, we havent heard/seen how beneficial it will be over the long term.

medical treatment is easy to second guess in hindsight, but sometimes its as much an art as a science.

Heal up on its own?? Obviously it wasn't going to because this supposedly happened nearly 11 weeks ago..........If it wasn't better after a month have the surgery. Why wait another 7 weeks....oh yea - what excuse would he use for just showing up for games....will be interesting to see what excuse he uses now.

Edited by Azucho98

Which conpiracy are you talking about?

The one where Bills fans have the power to "run players out of town"? Still waiting for you to name a single such player...

Whitner, Kelsey, Trent, JP have all been regualr wihipping boys here. Dont forget that pro bowl LT that was a greedy money grubbing jerk who should be thankful the Bills gave him an opportunity. There was a time when Bills fan wanted Reich to start over Kelly!

I find its hard to enjoy the players on this team with all the negativity we heap on them. I just dont understand it

Thank God for Urban Dictionary.

Junk and stuff:

1. junk and stuff 25 up, 60 down

used in conjunction with terms such as whatnot, this and that, and whoever, to describe a broad field of ideas.

milas: we should go swimming and junk and stuff.

Glad he didn't say "stuff and junk": 2. stuff n' junk 4 up, 13 down

genitalia of any kind.

see: kibbles n' bits

you'd better not forget to wash your stuff n' junk, or people won't like you.

Whitner, Kelsey, Trent, JP have all been regualr wihipping boys here. Dont forget that pro bowl LT that was a greedy money grubbing jerk who should be thankful the Bills gave him an opportunity. There was a time when Bills fan wanted Reich to start over Kelly!

I find its hard to enjoy the players on this team with all the negativity we heap on them. I just dont understand it

Trent and JP played themselves out of Buffalo (JP out of the league). Kelsay is still here (supposedly). Did the fans "negativity" truly interrupt your enjoyment of the play of JP Losman and Trent Edwards

Fans of all teams in all sports heap criticism on bad or underperforming players on their teams--do you really "just don't understand" this? It has been true for all of time. You think local fans are treating Romo well in Dallas? How about Vick? Tebow? Sanchez? The entire Chiefs roster??

Grow up, man. It is the perogative of all fans to be down on their teams when their teams are playing poorly. No player in the history of sports has been run out by "the fans". Players get dumped as business decisions, plain and simple. Stop bitching at your colleagues and lay off the crazy "running out of town" posts.

Okay...in fairness to Mario Williams, this article was posted after the Houston media article, Mario says he is happy in Buffalo:

http://wgr550.com/tw...-drive/14667344

"Williams doesn’t want any fans in Houston or in Buffalo to think he doesn’t want to be where he is now, “I’m here now and I’m ecstatic about it and we need to make the best of it, but there was never an offer from the general manager, it was a one way door that was opened.”

actions speak louder than words....

When a vested Vet ( Kelsey) questions effort (williams) I am not totally convinced as a fan.

and if he was really hurt he should have just went to the coaching staff and say hey guys I think this injury is hurting my performance and lets clean it up now. I think alot of people would have said ok dude is hurting, lets heal him up so he can go full speed.

The D would have still stunk up the place either way.

Trent and JP played themselves out of Buffalo (JP out of the league). Kelsay is still here (supposedly). Did the fans "negativity" truly interrupt your enjoyment of the play of JP Losman and Trent Edwards

Fans of all teams in all sports heap criticism on bad or underperforming players on their teams--do you really "just don't understand" this? It has been true for all of time. You think local fans are treating Romo well in Dallas? How about Vick? Tebow? Sanchez? The entire Chiefs roster??

Grow up, man. It is the perogative of all fans to be down on their teams when their teams are playing poorly. No player in the history of sports has been run out by "the fans". Players get dumped as business decisions, plain and simple. Stop bitching at your colleagues and lay off the crazy "running out of town" posts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/jason-babin-said-eagles-fan-chants-were-vile-and-personal/

This is the kind of stuff im talking about. Just because other fans do it doesnt make it right in my eyes. And yes when every day i read that everyone on the Bills sucks and will never be good, it makes it hard to root for them, to enjoy the game I've played and watch my whole life. When i see threads talking about how people are mocking Mario or Whitner or whoever on Twitter, it just upsets me, not as a fan but as a person. Is society really like this? Is this normal behavior? Accepted?

I love talking football. Its one of the reasons I frequent this site so much. I have learned immense things about this game from many posters here, many of whom have been driven away by the negativity of this place and some of the personal attacks that people make on each other. I'm guilty of that from time to time as well (we all get frustrated). Overall I have tried to treat everyone here with the respect I give to people I work with, my friends and family. Its how I was raised and its how i will act here. Whether that is with posters or the players, I will not be a part of it.

http://profootballta...e-and-personal/

This is the kind of stuff im talking about. Just because other fans do it doesnt make it right in my eyes. And yes when every day i read that everyone on the Bills sucks and will never be good, it makes it hard to root for them, to enjoy the game I've played and watch my whole life. When i see threads talking about how people are mocking Mario or Whitner or whoever on Twitter, it just upsets me, not as a fan but as a person. Is society really like this? Is this normal behavior? Accepted?

I love talking football. Its one of the reasons I frequent this site so much. I have learned immense things about this game from many posters here, many of whom have been driven away by the negativity of this place and some of the personal attacks that people make on each other. I'm guilty of that from time to time as well (we all get frustrated). Overall I have tried to treat everyone here with the respect I give to people I work with, my friends and family. Its how I was raised and its how i will act here. Whether that is with posters or the players, I will not be a part of it.

Well said.

In other news, Mario texted Chan last night that he has decided to play linebacker in next week's game.

I heard he also wants a bigger beverage cooler.

Just ordered my new Mario jersey!!!!! However the name plate says Incognito.

LOL.

BTW, I see your avatar is the aforementioned locker room beverage cooler.

Anyways, the way I interpret Mario's description of the procedure is that it's gobble gobble turkey for jive turkey gobblers.