Speculation: Tim Tebow could be traded, Bills mentioned

Just Jack

Good, get some one on this team that shows some intensity on the field and is a natural born leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUymUOl7rgc

GET ME SOME TEBOW!

well......he IS inspirational.

If Tebow is such a gret leader, why has one team dumped him and another thinking about it? It seems to me this is more a sign that he is a devisive influence rather than a leader.

He was replaced by Manning.

But he's not a clown complete with clown makeup and clown shoes like Tebow.

And there goes any credibility you may have had on this subject.

Yep. It worked Wonders for Fitz. :wallbash:

Fairly certain OP was making this point, matlock.

Truly no offense intended, but, you should wear a helmet when you ride.

Shouldn't we all, if we're riding?

In all sincerity, this thread makes me embarrassed for this website. Listen, it's over for Tebow. Please let it go. "But the kid's a winn-" STOP. It's all over. All you're doing is displaying your lack of football IQ for all the world (or at least the website) to see.

Brilliant... :wallbash:

Here is the obvious point: Tebow was available just a few months ago, correct? The Jets gave up a simple 4th round pick to get him, right? If the Bills were seriously interested they could have gotten him then, right? This business about the Bills having interest in Tebow seems to date back to the 2010 draft, when Schefter reported (erroneously) that the Bills were trying to trade back into the 1st round to acquire him. To this day we do not know for sure who they were targeting -- some say WR Demaryius Thomas others say DT Dan Williams -- but the team has steadfastly denied that it was Tebow that they wanted.

For as much as we all criticize Fitz -- deservedly so -- he is a MUCH better QB than Tebow.

Then, they thought Fitz was the answer. Not so much now.

Cue: "but the kid can win" in 3...2...1...

This isn't true? Given the opportunity it's ALL he's done. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Agreed. I think he is a slightly below average NFL QB but capable of leading a very good team to a Super Bowl just like most people think about him.

Wow.....don't mean to pounce.

Really?

A below average QB yet a very good team?

If all he does is win, why aren't the Jets playing him? Last i checked they were 3-4, and could've used some of those patented Tebow wins over the last seven weeks.

They don't have the cojones to pull Sanchez.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't true? Given the opportunity it's ALL he's done. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It's well documented. :nana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

Look, he doesn't fit into the football elitists definition of a QB. But do any of our other realistic options at this point? This team has the emotion of a wet sponge right now.

Edited by sodbuster

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Let's take Sunday's game for example. One of Fitz' TD passes was to Fred. One was to Donald Jones and one was to Stevie Johnson.

In the win against KC, he hit Chandler on a 10 yard TD and SJ caught a pass and ran in untouched for a 49 yard TD.

Which TDs in particular are you talking about? If a WR makes a good run it's not a good pass by the QB?

If you can think of a lucky TD pass by Fitz, I'd like to hear about it.

Fitz ain't great, but truly he isn't anywhere near as bad as yall make him out to be.

Im not really sure what games you've been watching but CJ, Stevie and Freddy generally have the ability to take a play to the house and its been that way much of this year. Off the top of my head I can think of 1-2 CJ receptions off screens, 1 to Freddy and another 49 yarded to Stevie. There's more. Maybe they don't all result in TDs but many of Stevie's yards come from slants that are just great routes and runs after the catch. He has few far and between that are like the ones to Chandler that you speak of. FWIW I never said they were lucky. I do think its convenient he has 2 of the better RBs available to create plays after contact and a WR that is 2nd to none when it comes to route running and getting open quickly. That is all. Edited by mrags

Also, FWIW I don't think Tebow is any good and don't want him starting QB for this team. I also don't think Fitz is horrible. In fact I think he's generally better than most on this board. IMO he's in the middle of the pack as far as QBs in the league and he suffers because of a pass happy HC that almost refuses to run the ball and then when he finally does, he always returns to his pass happy and bad play calling ways when the game is on the line. Fitz could certainly play better under different circumstances IMO. But at the end of the day, Gailey is our coach. We have what we have. There's no changing that for now.

All I meant by backing the decision to bring Tebow here (if we did) would be because of financial reasons for the team. It would almost instantly sell out the remaining games. And that would then make a strong push for any stadium lease deals. The decision makers would see that this team can sell out their games with better amenities, play, coaching, and playoff hopes. It lights a fire that's all.

I wouldn't hate the idea if we had a good defense. He reminds me in some ways of Flutie, in that me minimizes negative plays & picks up crucial 3rd downs with his legs, which grinds out the clock, keeps the other team's offense off the field, & usually puts the D in good field position.

AND even if he hasn't had a great game, can usually come through in the clutch.

Of course, when your D's specialty is 3rd down conversions that's not a great strategy.

Edited by Rob's House

It would almost instantly sell out the remaining games.

Is Tebow really that much of a draw? Buffalo is a long way from Gainesville, FL. I mean, yeah I agree if he was winning games like he did in Denver. But just because the Bills sign him you're sure tickets would sell out? Just wondering.

Is Tebow really that much of a draw? Buffalo is a long way from Gainesville, FL. I mean, yeah I agree if he was winning games like he did in Denver. But just because the Bills sign him you're sure tickets would sell out? Just wondering.

of course we will never know if we trade for him but yes. IMO, if we traded for him I would bet money that every remaining home game would be sold out. I'm that confident. Again, of course well never know because we'll probably never make that deal. And again, I'm not saying its worth it from a football standpoint. As I've said I think Fitz is a better QB. But strictly from a financial standpoint and media standpoint, it's a no brainier. The team can't get anymore disfunctional so it's not like he'd be causing many rifts in the locker room. Edited by mrags

i used to want tebow as far away from orchard park as possible.

i used to think fitz was the answer.

fitz isnt the answer.

tebow could be the spark that does so much for this organizations.

next year - prime time games? probably 4 of them.

playoffs - almost a certainty.

i mean... fitz as a starter for the bills:

4 win season, 6 win season, 3-4 right now.

tebow as starter for the broncos - divisional round of the playoffs.

i dont care what it looks like, im a believer. get him here, lets make the playoffs.

GET ME SOME TEBOW!

well......he IS inspirational.

He was replaced by Manning.

And there goes any credibility you may have had on this subject.

Fairly certain OP was making this point, matlock.

Shouldn't we all, if we're riding?

Brilliant... :wallbash:

Then, they thought Fitz was the answer. Not so much now.

Wow.....don't mean to pounce.

Really?

A below average QB yet a very good team?

They don't have the cojones to pull Sanchez.

Yes. Mark Sanchez is a slightly below average starting NFL QB but like most slightly below average NFL QB's, if given a really, really good football team, he could win a Super Bowl as a game manager. He's already been to two AFC Championships. What did I say that's so hard for you to believe. As far as Tebow, I'm not responding to you. When Tim Tebow is handed the reins to be the starting QB of an NFL franchise again, then I will address you. So I guess we'll be talking... what, never?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Tebow probably won more games in a half a season starting last year, then Fitz has since he has been in Buffalo.

Did you even think about this before you typed it in?

Let's see,

6 (2011 win total) + 3 (2012 win total) = 9

That's exactly the same as the Broncos won last year and I'm pretty sure they won at least 1 before Tebow took over. And that doesn't even count 2009 and 2010 wins.

But yeah, pretty funny HA HA HA

Tebow probably isn't the ideal choice, but I'm just ready to move on from Fitz. I don't really care who it is.

If we go after Tebow, it shouldn't be at the expense of adding a quarterback EARLY in the draft - and possibly adding another veteran to compete in the offseason.

I'm all for the Seattle approach... Let's not put all our eggs in one basket.

Tebow, Jaxkson, Fitz, Thiggy: Who is the most mediocre of the 4???? We would lead the league in guys that can't play QB atthat [position.

We already lead the league in that category so what would it hurt to add one more? Maybe the fourth time trying to get gold from a toilet bowl will turn out to be the charm.

What bothers me in this discussion is no one seems to acknowledge what Tebow would do for our running game. That is why he turned Denver around - he got their running game going (and he was pretty good in the clutch, making him the anti Fitz in that scenario. O, and he didn't turn the ball over) It offers up a whole new offense to Gailey with the zone option play. That means the backside end and LB cannot chase down the running back, because they have to honor the QB pulling the ball and running the other way. Essentially, the QB can effectively block TWO defensive players, taking them out of the play. Washington has been doing with with RG3 with great success and Carolina has had success too with Cam Newton.

Sure Tebow throws funny, but so does Fitz. But Tebow would open Spiller up for even MORE yards per carry and maybe then Gailey would have less confidence in throwing it 40 times a game and commit to the run more - which would be a total blessing.