Kyle Orton vs Fitz

markgbe

and yet Fitz is still not the reason this team is losing games.. He is not the reason for winningthem either..

this team was supposed to have a top 10 hell top 5 D and if we actually had that this team would be 5-2 right now..

Yeah I agree we can do better then Fitz.. but there is no denying how pathetic this D has been.. Heck at one point against the Titans they were 8 and 10 on allowed 3rd down conversions..

does anyone realize that the guy is on a team that has had the worst d in the nfl the last 2 years? Hes not SUPPOSED to be a top 5 qb the team put together what should have been a top 10 defense that should have allowed them to get enough wins with a middle of the road qb....(which if you look at his stats for the year compared to other nfl qb's he is)...to make the playoffs. Thats the next step to bringing this organization back...get to the playoffs, earn back some respect, develop your own players while also getting rid of the stigma to the rest of the nfl that buffalo is a horrible franchise.

Fitz is OK. As Bills14 said, let's judge him with a top-15 defense - not the bottom-scrapers we currently have. Did you notice, when the defense played relatively well - we won? Not a coincidence!

As for Orton, I agree with several posters - he's not bad. I just feel as though he never got a chance anywhere. I liked him in college. He's been through more coaching changes than Imelda Marcos went thru shoes. I'm for adding him - at the very least he'll push Fitz - not like Thigpen who holds Chan's clipboard for 60 minutes each Sunday.

does anyone realize that the guy is on a team that has had the worst d in the nfl the last 2 years? Hes not SUPPOSED to be a top 5 qb the team put together what should have been a top 10 defense that should have allowed them to get enough wins with a middle of the road qb....(which if you look at his stats for the year compared to other nfl qb's he is)...to make the playoffs. Thats the next step to bringing this organization back...get to the playoffs, earn back some respect, develop your own players while also getting rid of the stigma to the rest of the nfl that buffalo is a horrible franchise.

We realize his defense sucks. We watch him play. We watch him under throw and overthrow receivers all day. We would rather have a different QB.

The next person to say "spot on" and isn't British is getting tea and crumpets in the face. The revolutionary war ghost that haunts my attic didn't fight and die for us to use UK jargon. Pip pip cheerio!

Spot on! :thumbsup:

someone else's trash is another team's fans treasure. See- Tarvaris Jackson, Thigpen. Hell there was a time where people wanted Kelly Holcomb to start until he actually did. Until we have a qb worth discussing meh

I'd argue that during his time in Buffalo, Kelly Holcomb played at a noticeably higher level than Fitz. Holcomb had no offensive line whatsoever; and a running game which was often absent. His receivers were inconsistent. His #1 WR--Eric Moulds--did less than nothing for Houston after we traded him away.

Nevertheless, the offense always produced at least 14 points every game in which Holcomb played from start to finish. Had a phantom pass interference call not been made against Eric Moulds, the Bills might well have beaten the Patriots. In Foxboro, no less; and in a game in which Tom Brady didn't throw four interceptions.

Had Holcomb been given the kind of offensive line the Bills have now, the Spiller/Jackson running game we currently posses, a good, pass-catching TE like Chandler, and weapons like Stevie Johnson and Graham, he would have done much more than Fitz has.

I like Kyle. I like Fitz too. Either one of them could take us to the playoffs this year with an average defense.

If I could have any QB in the NFL I wanted to add to this Bills this year to go to the playoffs, or an average defense, I'd take the defense. In games our defense has held the opposition to under 35 points, we've won.