What Teams Will Be Drafting QBs?

Rob's House

You also have to factor in the starting qb's that will leave via free agency. Teams like the ravens and texans most likely will resign their star qb's but if they do not then you can be assured they will draft a qb.

Edited by DocLawless

You also have to factor in the starting qb's that will leave via free agency. Teams like the ravens and texans most likely will resign their star qb's but if they do not then you can be assured they will draft a qb.

I was wondering about this, but figured wherever an established player went would be a team that would have been in the running otherwise.

Think the Eagles will be looking?

I think KC and AZ but I think the NYJ, Raiders, and the Eagles are a possibility too.

The Raiders are certainly a possibility, but will they have a 1st this year? I think they traded it for Palmer but I'm not sure.

I was wondering about this, but figured wherever an established player went would be a team that would have been in the running otherwise.

Think the Eagles will be looking?

The Raiders are certainly a possibility, but will they have a 1st this year? I think they traded it for Palmer but I'm not sure.

I think the eagles will finish too well to be in the running for a qb that would be worth taking. They already have a project qb in nick foles. I think if they had a top 3 pick they would grab their replacement for Vick but they wont be in that situation. Oakland has a better chance to grab a franchise qb unless they are thinking about trying to develop Pryor which i doubt. I have a feeling Dallas might be looking to ship romo out of Dallas as well if they don't make the playoffs. Can't rule out anyone trading up to get the qb they want either, if they think thats the only missing piece.

He was there guy last year, but I doubt they expected this leve lof play either. They will continue to tell everyone he's their guy until they select his replacement, then the new guy will be brought in to complete. Then he becomes the new starter. Unless there's a better option on the roster which right now is unlikely, they will continue to tell everyone he's their guy. That's all it means.

if Nix and Gailey are here you can cross the Bills off that list

These guys have told us all again and again: Fitzpatrick is their guy.

Aren't the Eagles high on Foles? This is what the Bills should have been doing, grooming a young QB despite who the starting QB is.

As for Jax, will they give up on Gabbert so soon? They do have a new GM though, so this could cause them to change QBs.

I agree with the Raiders and KC. Let's hope Brady Quinn blows it up though.

Cleveland may not want to give up on Weeden either. They just drafted him. They wouldn't have drafted him only to pick another 1st round QB the next year. He hasn't been that bad either. The new GM/owner could have a different opinion though.

We also have to realize that these teams stinking it up (Arizona, KC, Jax, Cleveland) have many holes on their rosters. Unlike us, I would hope, these teams are still going to suck even with a 1st round QB.

I think KC and AZ but I think the NYJ, Raiders, and the Eagles are a possibility too.

Knowing our FO which ever one of these teams drafts a QB that's where we will get our next starter. I think it's highly likely that Matt Cassel will be our next starting QB. :wallbash:

these days, it doesn't seem to matter much where you are drafting, but your willingness to trade up. so we may finish with a worse record than say AZ, but if they need a QB, and they are willing (and we aren't) they can always leapfrog us to take a QB. this is of course unless we have the #1 pick

You forgot NE - Here's why:

NE will be looking to peddle Tom Brady after this season. He is 35, at the height of his value, and the Pats will owe him damn near another 40 Million if they wait until 2014. They will trade him to Raiders, get the Raiders 2013, 2014, 2015 1st and 2nd round picks. Brady will move to LA/Oakland, will play in the season opener and catch his right big toe on the shower mat. He will then go to a hyperbaric chamber to resolve the toe issue and fall in love with the nurse's aide whose name is Reginald. They will rent a one room studio apartment in East LA and Tom will sell pencils on the corner under the name "El Maricon".

The Pats will slide ahead of the Bills in draft order and draft another stud QB and the circle of life begins again.

I think the teams that will look to draft a QB are:

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Oakland

Philly

Arizona

Teams that may be looking are:

Denver

Jets

Dallas

Bucs

San Fran

Seattle

I can see Arizona getting very agressive to get a QB who can get the ball to Fitz. Although, Kolb was not that bad considering their horrendous offensive line. I wonder if the top OL player and the 2-3 QB is available who they take. If i'm them, I take the OL.

We are about to be lapped by teams like Jax, Cleve and Ariz who brought in QB's they thought would produce and now may jettison those plans for newer QB's. Meanwhile the Bills just stay put. Heck, Detroit may even grab another QB if their season tanks.

Good thought.. the raiders will give up a 2nd round pick in 2013, unless they reach the AFC Championship this year (then it becomes a 1st).

Unfortunately we'll probably be competing with Oakland and KC for the rights to draft the best QB in the draft.

Currently the Bills have the 7th pick. Sitting in front of them are

1. Jacksonville (1-5)
  2. Kansas City (1-5)
  3. Cleveland (1-6)
  4. Oakland (2-4)
  5. Carolina (1-5)
  6. Indianapolis (3-3)

Out of this list only Carolina and Indy are "set" at qb. I would (and do) think that any of the teams picking 1-4 currently would invest in a qb. It is a possibility that Jax, Cleveland, and Oakland would stand pat with their qb situation but highly unlikely. However after the last couple of weeks the shine has come off of Geno Smith a bit so it is possible (although not probable) he could be there at 7.

This should be the year for a qb I just don't know what the options are for the slot the Bills are currently in. It is certainly to high for the second tier of day 1 qbs and probably too low for the top 2 prospects.