Marcel Dareus [is a no show]

I know there was an Article during Training Camp that he was 340 plus...He was fine with it btw...From what I can remember at least...He was 319 at his Combine... B-)

That would account for the 20 lbs I'm seeing

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same thought and agree w/ others in this thread. Dareus looks like giant fat slow blob out there. He needs to lose 25lbs.

So much for the improved strength and conditioning Chan promised when he took over has HC - remember he took the TVs out of the weight room.

Marcel Dareus was a no-show today. What has happened to him?

I thought he was going to be a star! Is he a lazy ass? Kyle Williams looks like the only guy even trying in the running game.

And Kelvin Sheppard has turned out to be the disaster I expected. Now I remember why I wanted Kuechly so bad. Sheesh.

Marcell has totally regressed, and Sheppard has never been good, we can only hope we get some good coaching in here.

Wanted Kuechly too but he wasn't available and isn't the greatest in run defense but he is a awesome in coverage, someone who can actually cover a friggin TE :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: .

I'm willing to give Marcel a pass. He's got some fairly traumatic off the field stuff to deal with. His heart might not be in it.

BS you signed a multi million dollar contract to show up. Mourn all you want doesn't change anything. How about picking UP your game and dedicate it to your brother

Personally, I think anyone that discounts the effect of his brothers loss has no understanding of the mourning process. I highly doubt that the production he showed as a rookie was an accident. Something is wrong, and it needs to be addressed, but the sentiment that he should "get over it" or anything of the sort is ignorant and cruel. Marcel will be fine eventually, but it may be mext yr before we see him reemerge.

Personally, I think anyone that discounts the effect of his brothers loss has no understanding of the mourning process. I highly doubt that the production he showed as a rookie was an accident. Something is wrong, and it needs to be addressed, but the sentiment that he should "get over it" or anything of the sort is ignorant and cruel. Marcel will be fine eventually, but it may be mext yr before we see him reemerge.

If he added 20 or so lbs between December and August, might that be a bigger issue than his bro?

If he added 20 or so lbs between December and August, might that be a bigger issue than his bro?

Absolutely, and dont think the weight gain has gone unnoticed. However, marcel was making some plays early in the yr, and also remember DT's arent traditionally the impact players, moreso roleplayers than superstars.

Dareus has been a complete disappointment. I was expecting him to be a star from day one. He's been anything but. I respect that he had a horrible tragedy in his family, but what was the excuse before that? He wasn't too impressive last year either. He's not the only problem on our defense, but his play is one of the biggest issues.

Dude is not getting any push and is rarely beating his blocker. As several others have pointed out, he looks noticibly slower. I realize that he is dealing with personal tragedy. But no matter what the reason, he is not performing and I would argue he needs to sit.

Whether he needs time to regain his football focus ir if he needs to start working weight off ir if he needs to have a fire lit, he should get off the field and let someone have a chance to contribute.

Bench Mario for sucking, send a message and the backup outplayed him today

Someone needs to talk to Dearus to see if he needs a week or two off to clear his mind. If he's not in it, he's no help to himself or the team. I like the sports psychologist or psychologist idea.

BS you signed a multi million dollar contract to show up. Mourn all you want doesn't change anything. How about picking UP your game and dedicate it to your brother

Thats what I thought too. Man if my brother got killed I would dedicate the season to him and become a wrecking ball out there every Sunday.

He was so good last year, so he knows how to get it done.

I think he is a team player and a good kid who will get back on his feet soon and start getting serious about improving.

Dareus has been a complete disappointment. I was expecting him to be a star from day one. He's been anything but. I respect that he had a horrible tragedy in his family, but what was the excuse before that? He wasn't too impressive last year either. He's not the only problem on our defense, but his play is one of the biggest issues.

yeah, all he did was lead tthe team in sacks as a rookie, at a position that doesnt usually generate sacks.

He is not too traumatized to collect his check though, right.

This is not an indictment of his emotions or how he should react to what is, undoubtedly, a difficult emotional situation for he and his family. His emotional well-being and family circumstances are CONSIDERABLY more important than football. I wish he and his family all the best in the world.

But if he is not into his job, and needs time to grieve, he should take time away and focus on his family and his emotional health and well-being.

IF it is the emotional struggle that is causing him to perform poorly at his job, and he does not want to satisfy his day-to-day job reponsibilities at the level that he is compensated at, and he is willing to articulate that he is not willing to perform at a satisfactoy level, then, then he should stop just collecting a paycheck and take the time that he needs to grieve.

It's not like he is the regular joe busting his hump for $40,000.00 a year. That guy may need to stay on and work through the grieving period because finacially he doesn't have many other resources.

Marcell is a very wealthy man. If he (rightfully) prioritzes family over his NFL job, then he needs to do just that.

Meanwhile, in Cincinnati, AJ Green....