I can't do this anymore

Be a fan, but don't lose sleep over the team. It's obvious the defense and DC aren't losing sleep over being this terrible..

Exactly, it seems the only ones suffering about, or losing sleep over the terrible effort and product this team is, are the fans. Not the ones who actually have a say in the game. The players, the management, the coaches, have no pride or remorse over their lack of effort, They just collect their fat paychecks and don't even care about giving 100% only just 16 times a year to justify their paychecks. As someone else said, it wouldn't be so bad seeing them constantly loosing, if they were still simply a bunch of marginally talented overachievers getting beaten up by others of superior ability and talent. Now the raw talent is there, but there just is an obvious absence of fire and effort, a management unwilling to provide ALL the necessary pieces, and a coaching staff unwilling and unable to properly focus that talent and ability. Everyone is just going through the motions with the minimum possible effort.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fed up with watching these morons too, but my solutions is the Red Zone channel....honestly, the thing is a godsend...they have the Bills on just long enough for you to shake your head at their ineptitude, and then before you know it they flip over to another game that you can focus on. It does wonders for blood pressure and sanity. I may not be able to prescribe meds as an RN, but dammit I prescribe the red zone channel for anyone who can't bear to watch this fuktardism anymore.

This has been my answer for years now, although I usually watch at least the first half of the Bills game before it's full time RZC. I've decided though that for the rest of the season it's just the RZC all day when I watch football on Sundays. Does Direct TV have a package where you can just get the RZC? I'd like to quit wasting my money on the full package if possible.

Everyone is frustrated watching this team's ineptitude over the past decade. They always seem to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" and yesterday was a classic example. Having said that, they have been my team since their inception and will continue to be my team. I will always watch, expect the worst and hope for the best. I don't let it ruin my day anymore when they lose games, because it happens so often. I will miss watching the game next week and see everyone in two weeks.

Hi, my name is Steve. I've been a Bills fan for my entire life (50 years). I think I've hit rock bottom. Just a few weeks ago, when I was watching the Bills suck against the Patriots, I realized that aside from a few players, I hate my own team. While I can't route for any other team, I think I hate my team more than some other teams.

Now, on Sundays, I don't even mind if I missing the game. Very sad.

I've gotten to the point where I just shake my head at games like yesterday's. I don't even get upset anymore. And I've already got myself convinced that there's no way in hell we beat Houston and/or New England, so those games won't upset me at all, no matter what. I get pissed about the coaching staff more than the players. But I also realize that, until this team has a long-term owner in place, there is absolutely no way we attract legitimate coaches for any coaching positions. I am ready for this team to move onto the post-Ralph Wilson chapter of its history. The Ralph Wilson chapter has become predictable and boring. I look forward to cold beer and good food on Sundays more than I look forward to football. It'll get better, though. Go Bills.

Well, then just go. Why post it? Not trying to be an ahole, but would anyone even notice you stopping posting? As sick as I am about the Bills, I'm even sicker of these posts. Quit following the team, I couldn't care less. but seriously, why announce it? Because guess what? If they ever become good again (slim chance), someone else will take your seat and place on the bandwagon. Just don't come back and pretend like were a fan.

The Bills make me sick at times. But it's my team. It would be like me quitting on Buffalo. As much as it sucks, it's still a part of me. It's easy to be a Steelers or Pats fan. It's not easy to be a Bills fan. But in a sick way, I like that. I wear my Bilsl stuff with pride when I travel because I represent the team and the city well. So save the woe is me crap. If you want to go, then just go. That's fine. But no one cares, so stop announcing it on a Bills message board. And don't come back if they ever do make the playoffs (probably won't ever happen but still).

Well, then just go. Why post it? Not trying to be an ahole, but would anyone even notice you stopping posting? As sick as I am about the Bills, I'm even sicker of these posts. Quit following the team, I couldn't care less. but seriously, why announce it? Because guess what? If they ever become good again (slim chance), someone else will take your seat and place on the bandwagon. Just don't come back and pretend like were a fan.

The Bills make me sick at times. But it's my team. It would be like me quitting on Buffalo. As much as it sucks, it's still a part of me. It's easy to be a Steelers or Pats fan. It's not easy to be a Bills fan. But in a sick way, I like that. I wear my Bilsl stuff with pride when I travel because I represent the team and the city well. So save the woe is me crap. If you want to go, then just go. That's fine. But no one cares, so stop announcing it on a Bills message board. And don't come back if they ever do make the playoffs (probably won't ever happen but still).

What if he comes back when they make the playoffs?

What if he comes back when they make the playoffs?

Then eff him. I get the frustration. I was ready to punch walls. but screw the cry me a river BS. I got no respect for bandwagon fans. Don't spend your money on tickets or whatever but don't say you quit the team and then try to come back. For true Bills fans, it's like family. As much as they screw up, they still are your family and you don't bail on them,

Then eff him. I get the frustration. I was ready to punch walls. but screw the cry me a river BS. I got no respect for bandwagon fans. Don't spend your money on tickets or whatever but don't say you quit the team and then try to come back. For true Bills fans, it's like family. As much as they screw up, they still are your family and you don't bail on them,

You're speaking my language today. I had the same thought earlier. It hurts because I care. I care because they're like family. You can get mad at them, yell at them, berate them, but you still stick with them.

You're speaking my language today. I had the same thought earlier. It hurts because I care. I care because they're like family. You can get mad at them, yell at them, berate them, but you still stick with them.

Well said. Part of what makes winning so great is that the lows feel hurt so much. If you're a 10 year Pats fan, what kind of perspective do you have? I grew up as a kid in the 90s with the Bills going to SBs and I thought they were losing because they lost them. It seems really dumb now but it keeps everything in perspective now.

I HATE the last 12 years but I will quit watching football before I quit this team. I've lived other places and could have switched, but what good would be a 2 year fan of the Giants when they won the SB last year? If the Bills ever get to the promised land, there will be few better feelings in the world. and it's because of the crappy times like this that will make it all worth it.

After the game today my 8 year old son comes up and say, "Daddy, why do you root for the Bills?" I ask him, "What do you mean?" He replies, "they only make you mad and frustrated, so why do you watch them?"

It's a good point. As long as he's been alive they've only been a source of Sunday frustration and at this point it's pretty much only that something in me that refuses to quit, give up or take the easy route that has me still rooting for them.

I think most Bills fans feel your pain Mike and understand where you're coming from and I'm sure we'll see you back here a few weeks from now when the Bills will figure out a whole new way how to lose.

My wife asks me the same thing. It's embarrassing how emotional I get about this team. I'm pretty good at talking myself into something resembling sanity and equanimity by Monday morning, but Sunday nights are tough.

I swear I am a reasonable, rational, emotionally adjusted adult in other areas of my life. I think Bill from NYC captures it best in his weekly posts. Somehow I just love this team even though it is generally painful. Can't walk away. Been that way for 30 years.

Lately they are finding new ways to test us. I can enjoy a scrappy, under-talented, young but developing team over the course of a losing season if I feel like it's going somewhere. But this turning our wheels in the sands of mediocrity no matter how improved the talent looks on paper is killing me.

How dare you call me a "bandwagon fan". I was here long before you, back to the HyperBills days. I'm sure that despite my frustration, being well past the boiling point, I'll continue to show up.

Besides, where did I say I was "quitting" the team? Perhaps you need better reading comprehension? I said I was considering taking a "leave of absence". Perhaps you don't know what a leave of absence is? I don't need your approval, nor do I give a **** what you think.

I'm tired, tired of pouring my heart, my soul, my belief and my income into a team that gives me precious little in return.

So here we are, halfway through another season and we're looking at yet another losing record, yet another rebuilding project on the horizon.......

To all those who have had enough, I recommend kids. Nothing will change your Sunday priorities like a few little ones crawling/walking/running around.

I didn't watch a down of football yesterday until 7:00 last night, after we had everyone in bed.

I recently started dating a patriots fan, she's too young to remember when they were an easy win for the rest of the AFC east. The mocking I receive from her and the rest of the people I work and associate myself with is the hardest part. But if you live in Florida, that is what happens.

Every year is our year, just not the current year.

Hi, my name is Steve. I've been a Bills fan for my entire life (50 years). I think I've hit rock bottom. Just a few weeks ago, when I was watching the Bills suck against the Patriots, I realized that aside from a few players, I hate my own team. While I can't route for any other team, I think I hate my team more than some other teams.

Now, on Sundays, I don't even mind if I missing the game. Very sad.

Stevie Johnson #13?

Red Zone is the bomb. Mrs. Lew loves it. Last year we were on vacation and at the hotel, there was only the one game televised.

Her comment. "I miss Red Zone."

Mrs Lew is a good woman!! :D

This has been my answer for years now, although I usually watch at least the first half of the Bills game before it's full time RZC. I've decided though that for the rest of the season it's just the RZC all day when I watch football on Sundays. Does Direct TV have a package where you can just get the RZC? I'd like to quit wasting my money on the full package if possible.

lol, that's what I did this past week....tried to watch the first half, which I did, but when I went to take a dump at the start of the 2nd half and TN had the damn ball back by the time I was back in front of the tv, I flipped to RZC and stayed there.

DTV has a weird package structure now...it's less expensive to get just the ticket, but then for the RZC and the online/mobile access it's another hundred or so. I'm not sure if you can just get RZC, but since cable and Dish both offer it separate, I'm sure they probably do.

At this point, I'm ready for the BILLS to leave Buffalo. The organization takes for granted one of the best NFL fan bases. We give, give and give. And in return we get a beautiful cardboard box with a pretty ribbon on top and a gigantic steaming hot pile of **** inside. Now let me tell you from experience, that this pile of **** is so putrid, a single waft of it will cause you to upchuck as I've done some wafting myself. This box is so deceiving, I mean it has all the right ingredients and labels, looks nice on the outside, but when you open the box its just a big ass load of ****. I actually bought this box thinkging it was a good investment. Boy was I wrong. I HATE everything about the BILLS right now from top to bottom, coaches and players. Its all just a big pile of **** mashed up with some nice sprinkles on top. I think this is the lowest BILLS point in my life. Just looking at Gailey, Nix, Wannastache makes my stomach turn. Leave town, you guys are an emabarrassment to yourselves and BILLS fans. Just collect your checks and laugh to the bank while you **** all over us again and again. I will not support this team shitting on me anymore. Atleast our taxes would go down.

At this point, I'm ready for the BILLS to leave Buffalo. The organization takes for granted one of the best NFL fan bases. We give, give and give. And in return we get a beautiful cardboard box with a pretty ribbon on top and a gigantic steaming hot pile of **** inside. Now let me tell you from experience, that this pile of **** is so putrid, a single waft of it will cause you to upchuck as I've done some wafting myself. This box is so deceiving, I mean it has all the right ingredients and labels, looks nice on the outside, but when you open the box its just a big ass load of ****. I actually bought this box thinkging it was a good investment. Boy was I wrong. I HATE everything about the BILLS right now from top to bottom, coaches and players. Its all just a big pile of **** mashed up with some nice sprinkles on top. I think this is the lowest BILLS point in my life. Just looking at Gailey, Nix, Wannastache makes my stomach turn. Leave town, you guys are an emabarrassment to yourselves and BILLS fans. Just collect your checks and laugh to the bank while you **** all over us again and again. I will not support this team shitting on me anymore. Atleast our taxes would go down.

Wow. Very good post actually.

I told my wife, "I'm not going to see this stupid team anymore" To which she replied, "How many times have you said that???"

Point is. I'm stuck with this loser franchise.

Damn I wanted to type more, but I have to go. Real quick. Dont be rude to Mike. He's frustrated just like everyone else.

After the game today my 8 year old son comes up and say, "Daddy, why do you root for the Bills?" I ask him, "What do you mean?" He replies, "they only make you mad and frustrated, so why do you watch them?"

It's a good point. As long as he's been alive they've only been a source of Sunday frustration and at this point it's pretty much only that something in me that refuses to quit, give up or take the easy route that has me still rooting for them.

I think most Bills fans feel your pain Mike and understand where you're coming from and I'm sure we'll see you back here a few weeks from now when the Bills will figure out a whole new way how to lose.

Hah! I got that same question from my seven year old after the Pats game... It is a fantastic question.

Wow. Very good post actually.

:rolleyes:

I guess that makes this the Buffalo Bills of message board posts.

I don't ever understand these posts. People act like it's ruining their life by talking on a message board. Don't try coke dude.

I'm more of a pepsi guy myself.

But this is supposed to be something that is a pleasant distraction. All this team does is highlight the problems here. I hate to say it, I don't want to believe it, but it's a dying team, with a dying owner, in a dying city.

It's funny how so many people hate these types of negative threads, yet everytime one pops up, there is like 5-10 pages of posts and like a zillion views.

I honestly dont mind these topics. Most of the time they are pretty funny. Yeah they could just leave and no one would notice, but really, it's not a big deal to see these topics. Honestly if you dont like them, dont view or post on them.

:rolleyes:

I guess that makes this the Buffalo Bills of message board posts.

Dont you roll your eyes at me foo!!!

Jk

I'm more of a pepsi guy myself.

But this is supposed to be something that is a pleasant distraction. All this team does is highlight the problems here. I hate to say it, I don't want to believe it, but it's a dying team, with a dying owner, in a dying city.

Pepsi???

You mean that liquid sugar??

Hell no, I prefer coca cola all day long!!!!

If Mike is giving up, apocalypse is near. The only thing to confirm it will be Promo saying something critical.

Congratulations Chan, you're close to accomplishing the impossible.

It's Been an inept organization for most of it's existence. Nothing new here. They had about 12 good seasons out of 50 years of existence. That's about all...

I have a problem with all the people criticizing Mike for his post.

1- He's earned the right to vent if only due to his years of posting on this board. Some of you may not appreciate seniority because you've been here all of 2-3 years, but he has been here for ages and has never been a doom and gloomer he should get a little respect.

2- Kneejerk reactions like "don't let the door hit you.." are worthless. Evaluate the statement and counter if you disagree.

3- He's not the only one feeling like this. More and more longtime fans are disgusted with the EFFORT of the team. Kelsay vocalized what the fans have been feeling for years: we invest more emotionally in the performance of the players than they do themselves. What happened to showing a work ethic and some pride in what you do and the community you represent. I was sickened by Mario's "I don't care what you think" comment because it reflects apathy towards his performance that is evident in the effort we see him play with on the field.

We're all fans. We'd all love to have the ability to hope this team can turn things around against the odds. Some are having a hard time finding that hope anymore and it's understandable after years of subpar performances. Moreover, the thing that has killed hope, as many have noted in this thread is NOT poor play due to a lack of talent. Hope is suffocated when great talent plays with no passion or effort. We have a VERY talented D-line. They are not performing up to their abilities and we see people giving up on plays. That's a kick in the nads to die-hard fans. I still hope we can turn things around, but I haven't seen any indication from a frustrated or pissed off group of defenders to indicate a turnaround is in the offing.

I have a problem with all the people criticizing Mike for his post.

1- He's earned the right to vent if only due to his years of posting on this board. Some of you may not appreciate seniority because you've been here all of 2-3 years, but he has been here for ages and has never been a doom and gloomer he should get a little respect.

2- Kneejerk reactions like "don't let the door hit you.." are worthless. Evaluate the statement and counter if you disagree.

3- He's not the only one feeling like this. More and more longtime fans are disgusted with the EFFORT of the team. Kelsay vocalized what the fans have been feeling for years: we invest more emotionally in the performance of the players than they do themselves. What happened to showing a work ethic and some pride in what you do and the community you represent. I was sickened by Mario's "I don't care what you think" comment because it reflects apathy towards his performance that is evident in the effort we see him play with on the field.

We're all fans. We'd all love to have the ability to hope this team can turn things around against the odds. Some are having a hard time finding that hope anymore and it's understandable after years of subpar performances. Moreover, the thing that has killed hope, as many have noted in this thread is NOT poor play due to a lack of talent. Hope is suffocated when great talent plays with no passion or effort. We have a VERY talented D-line. They are not performing up to their abilities and we see people giving up on plays. That's a kick in the nads to die-hard fans. I still hope we can turn things around, but I haven't seen any indication from a frustrated or pissed off group of defenders to indicate a turnaround is in the offing.

Where did you see Mario say I don't care what you think?

He made that statement to one of the media members right after the game. It wasn't that he didn't care what they thought, he doesn't care that we actually expected him to perform. Now it's made the national media:

http://profootballta...s-expectations/

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Here's the original Buffalo News article: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121023/SPORTS/121029722/1004

And before you all correct me and say that he is just saying he doesn't listen to critics, they gave him a chance to rephrase and he chose not to. He got defensive about a game in which he contributed a total of two tackles and mouthed off. At least Kelsay had the right response in showing he was upset about his performance and not at the reporter for questioning him.