Firing Wannstedt during the bye is the right thing to do

This defense is totally inexecusable. Perhaps historically on the trend for the worst defense of all time. His scheme is partially part of the problem. On the last touchdown you have to bring pressure. This is the most uninspiring defensive scheme I have ever witnessed.

A guy like Mangini, even though historically is a 3-4 guy I believe can tighten this defense in a couple of weeks. Hire Mangini. He can fix scheme problems.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. A change has to be made. The offense just can't be expected to score on every possesion; lie the defense lets opposing teams do. It's absolutely horrendous. The Titans are not a premier offense, and our defense made them look like one.

who do you replace him with? Any mid-season firing comes simply with an internal promotion. Who on the staff replaces him?

You. Honestly a fan from the stands couldn't do worse than ...the worst defense in the league.

You or I could call plays better than him, its obvious, for whatever reasons, that the front four cannot generate consistent pressure.

So, hey, call a blitz once in a while, get aggressive! Passive defense has never worked in this league, and I think the evidence is over-whelming, its not working in Buffalo.