Seriously, when do you think Fred Jackson gets traded?

This place is a such a joke sometimes

Most teams stockpile talent wherever they can, Bills fans want to acquire a 4th round pick

You must have missed the game day thread with a poster complaining the win against the Cards cost us a few spots in the draft.

Very thankful for alcohol.

Edited by nucci

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of sad/intriguing that in just a few games Fred Jackson has gone from "the best player on the team" and possible MVP, to the new Chris Kelsay TBD whipping boy.

Why are people in such a hurry to get rid of a good player? And how the hell would that help the Bills? Sorry I'm not buying that 4th/5th rnd draft pick is worth the best RB in the league prior to injury last year.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

This place is full of crazies, man.

First off, there is virtually no market for a guy like fred. Age, 3 str8 yrs with injuries....It's just not there.

Second, there seems to be this fascination with beating down players, esp the good ones of the young ones, while simultaneously hyping the late rd guy that have done NOTHING. I just don't get it.

Kind of sad/intriguing that in just a few games Fred Jackson has gone from "the best player on the team" and possible MVP, to the new Chris Kelsay TBD whipping boy.

Why are people in such a hurry to get rid of a good player? And how the hell would that help the Bills? Sorry I'm not buying that 4th/5th rnd draft pick is worth the best RB in the league prior to injury last year.

Because he is somehow holding back CJ. That's the common theme I get here.

It's goning to happen, question is when......... When they gave him his extension, and he deserved it, NOBODY thought Spiller was this good. All the credit in the world to CJ. what a monster offseason for him- hit the weights, Is now a north, south runner with great vision and speed.

You can beat on me all you want, it's early and I'm bored :devil:

Way to troll Buffalo Mike1, way to troll...

If Fred is healthy, he will make the team next year as well. One of the reasons Spiller is excelling is that he doesn't have to take all the pounding. Fred shares the pain, and is the prefered back in short yardages apparently. Don't worry folks, NIX/Gailey will handle the situation. AND, its not all about the numbers. Fred is an important part of the chemistry of the team, and that doesn't show in the numbers. Now, you might ask about Morman in that context, and I do wonder about that.

a terrible idea. do you think spiller is going to play forever? what if he gets hurt? running backs get hurt all the time. further, nfl players get hurt all the time.

you need to have two quality starting backs, given the short life span of running backs. and, all this talk about making spiller the starter is silly. fred was an MVP candidate before he got hurt last year. he hasn't fallen that far in a few months.

get them both the ball as much as possible and stop obsessing about who the starter is everybody. spiller is a play away from going down, as is every player on the team.

We're the Buffalo Bills and we are never allowed to have multiple good players at any one spot. Therefore one needs to be cut or traded so we can go back to complaining about our lack of talent and depth. Trade the heart and soul of the team. Good idea.....

Uh why would they trade him???... 31 year old running backs don't exactly have a ton of value in this league... What could you get a 6th or 7th round pick? Most of the time those picks don't even make the team.

He is most valuable on the Bills and that is where he will stay.

This place is a such a joke sometimes

Most teams stockpile talent wherever they can, Bills fans want to acquire a 4th round pick

i think is the oposite this is getting serious sometimes and a joke the most

Never. That's when. Chan doesn't want CJ to be a 25-carry workhorse, FredEx can do everything well, and his contract isn't burdensome. Stop the nonsense.

Many fans don't seem to understand that their are severe consequences to a 400 carry season. Spiller is looking elite. Jackson is a proven good player working his way through lower body injuries. Both will carry the ball ~200 times this season. That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

It's goning to happen, question is when......... When they gave him his extension, and he deserved it, NOBODY thought Spiller was this good. All the credit in the world to CJ. what a monster offseason for him- hit the weights, Is now a north, south runner with great vision and speed.

I will say that I do think Spiller should start getting most of the carries but Freddy is not going anywhere:

1. We wont get much for him (NE might they like old backs and BB loves freddy)

2. Spiller is small and can get hurt easy we need Fredy if only to back up Spiller.

3. Do we realy want to give the ball to Spiller on the 1 yard line again?

4. I think he is making 1.5 mil. For a starting type RB that's nothing.

I probably shouldn't be after reading all the absurd bull **** that gets posted here, but I am absolutely stunned that anyone here would believe trading away Fred Jackson would be a smart move, much less that the front office would actually consider something so assanine.

The modern game, with the increased violence of it's collisions, 16 game schedule, and demands placed on runners requires a rotation of atleast two NFL starting caliber backs.

The Jets had Greene and LT, the Pats use Ridley, Bolden, and Woodhead, the Dolphins had Williams and Brown and now have Bush and Thomas. Why don't the Texans trade Ben Tate? Why did the Chiefs aquire Payton Hillis when they already had Jamal Charles? What about Bush and Forte in Chicago, Redmon and Mendenhall in Pittsburgh, Blount and Martin in Tampa, Matthews and Battle in San Diego, and the absolute log jams in Carolina, New Orleans, and New York (NFC)? Why does Dallas keep Felix Jones rostered? Why did Minnesota draft Toby Gerhart?

The reason is that it requires more than one back to win in the NFL.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I really don't think it is "goning" (is that a word) to happen at all. What will they get for a 30+ year old running back coming off two straight injuries? And what would they replace him with? Brad Smith?