Rivers,Vick,romo oh my

jcbillsfan

It's seems as though every season a veteran qb shakes free. Weather it's MAnning,Palmer,Vick or Cutler. One can argue about the ability of the qbs I listed but I think everyone would argue they all offer an upgrade to Fitz. This years three most likely candidates are Rivers , Vick and to a lesser degree Romo. It will be interesting to watch each situation to see which one imploded and to see if BUddy will pull the trigger if one becomes available

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivers is only impersonating a "choke artist" then?

6 turnovers in one game: the mark of a winner. :lol:

Rivers is a really good QB. He's on a poorly coached team. How Norv Turner is a HC in the NFL is beyond me. I would take Rivers in a heartbeat.

Bet you $5 there will be a thread saying the Bills should hire Norv after he gets canned.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Geez, let me echo the thoughts expressed here -- Rivers is not a choker? He has played with two HOFers most of his career in Gates and Tomlinson, yet can't win the big game. And he's a douchebag. No thank you.

And edit: Good teams (and good QBs) don't blow 24-pt. leads at home.

Edited by eball

Rivers is a really good QB. He's on a poorly coached team. How Norv Turner is a HC in the NFL is beyond me. I would take Rivers in a heartbeat.

You could say the same thing about Tony Romo.... and you wouldn't necessarily be right.

Rivers rode a HOF RB and HOF TE to much success. What's he doing now that LT is retired and Gates is old and broken down? He'd be horrible in Buffalo.

The Bills don't need a 30-something QB that a more successful franchise dumped.

Last night, Rivers threw several passes that made me think: wow, when Bills fans see this kind of performance from Fitzpatrick, they're convinced we have the worst quarterback in the league.

Rivers would be good in Chan's offense. Smart, gets it out quick, big arm, big heart. Fans would love that guy. That is how you upgrade. Not messing around in-season this season. Rivers is a big, tall Fitz with an NFL arm.

Rivers would be good in Chan's offense. Smart, gets it out quick, big arm, big heart. Fans would love that guy. That is how you upgrade. Not messing around in-season this season. Rivers is a big, tall Fitz with an NFL arm.

Rivers and Fitz are not in any way shape or form analogous--and Fitz (see my post in the PFF thread) runs Gailey's offense (or at least the one Gailey designed for him) well.

So, I'm not sure what you're basing any of this on...

You must be an NC State fan. Those are the only folks I know who would use those adjectives to describe Rivers.

It's seems as though every season a veteran qb shakes free. Weather it's MAnning,Palmer,Vick or Cutler. One can argue about the ability of the qbs I listed but I think everyone would argue they all offer an upgrade to Fitz. This years three most likely candidates are Rivers , Vick and to a lesser degree Romo. It will be interesting to watch each situation to see which one imploded and to see if BUddy will pull the trigger if one becomes available

Hey it would be a great PR move if Brandon brought in Donavan Mcnabb -- RIGHT ?

Seeing as he played at Syracuse we could draw more fans from there to bring up ticket sales ! Got to think of the bottom line !!

YA YA now thats some thinking right there !!!

With Vicks arm & our O line giving him time i think that could (might) be awesome !!

Edited by T master

I don't know why people focus on the ints so much. Outside of Vick, who I hate, I would take any of these guys over Fitz.

It's the horrible overthrows, missing guys by yards, and complete lack of deep ball accuracy that makes him suck.

These guys just make some dumb choices, it's not a talent thing for them.

These guys just make some dumb choices, it's not a talent thing for them.

Wrong. Rivers has no arm. He constantly underthrows guys and his deep throws consist of short punt-like fluttery jump balls. He has fallen way off in the last two years. Here's a sampling of the recurring themes I've heard all morning on San Diego sports talk radio with regards to Rivers:

- weak arm

- choker

- regressing

- no confidence

- underthrows the deep ball

- doesn't hit receivers in stride

- statue

- need to draft franchise quarterback

Any of this sound familiar?

Romo and Vick suck, Rivers would be the way to go but he isn't the greatest either.

6 turnovers in one game: the mark of a winner. :lol:

Bet you $5 there will be a thread saying the Bills should hire Norv after he gets canned.

PTR

Oh hell no, Norv is worse than Dave, I'd be livid if he were actually brought here.