Andy Reid as Bills next head coach?

If Reid gets fired he will be in Dallas or San Diego next year... He will politely thank Buddy for the interest while boarding Mr. Spanos' private jet...

Yeah, the Chargers would trade one guy who can't get it done for another.

Reid is terrible. He has held back that franchise for years.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is alot of talk (just like every year) andy reid could get fired this year, i would love to have him as the bills coach next year....thoughts

Reid hasnt done jack without Jim Johnson who was the real key to their success. He makes just as many blunders if not more on gameday then Gailey does.

Reid usually does get more out of quarterbacks then you would expect though but he is not a good head coach...would be an upgrade over Gailey but not much unless he struck gold with his defensive coach again

Edited by Max997

There is alot of talk (just like every year) andy reid could get fired this year, i would love to have him as the bills coach next year....thoughts

Marc Trestman end of discussion we need some new blood in the NFL & B/Lo !!

I think that's a bit absurd.

I WOULD buy that he's the pass-happy version of the run-happy Schottenheimer.

Both Reid and Schotty are very successful coaches but seem to have a trouble taking their teams to the summit.

therefore, you just confirmed what I said. He's the reason they can't get to or win the big dance. And I say he's a joke because of his pressconfrences. I tell you SJBF, you gotta hear them!! LOL

Absolutely correct. McCoy is not only the Eagles best offensive weapon, but he's also one of the best weapons in the NFL and he does NOT use him. It's absolutely mind boggling. I'd like to punch Reid in the face most weeks. And it's amazing to see just how dangerous their offense is when he gets McCoy going, which isn't hard to do.

+1

This would actually be a good topic: Who are the greatest coaches to never win a Super Bowl?

Say what you want about Reid but he has a great record:

Career record 129-82-1 (Regular Season)

10-9 (Postseason)

139-91-1 (Overall)

Off the top of my head I'd say Chuck Knox, George Allen, Marv Levy, Marty Schottenheimer, and Reid have to be the best coaches to never win one.

I stopped reading after you said great coach. Great coaches win the chip and that's the bottom line. He's good ill give him that, but not great.

Please not another coach that falls short every season...he has a high winning percentage but never wins when it matters. Vick Sucks!!! Nothing good will happen to this team until new ownership is in place. I will be patient as always and hope for the best...sigh!!!

no he doesn't. Far from the best but better than what we have. Imho, I just think he would really flourish behind our oline and in gailey's system. Edited by qdawg in philly

No Reid is vastly overrated at this point in his career. He passes non stop and can't commit to a ground game. He is like a better version of Chan. I would rather grab and up and coming guy rather than another retread.

At this point in Reid's career, I would say that Gailey is a better version of Reid. If Gailey had Jim Johnson coaching the defense and a young Donovan McNabb at QB the Bills would be just as good as the Eagles were a few years ago.

Edited by vincec

• 1 month later...

Yeah. Obviously his latest construct for the team didn't work out but he's been pretty successful in a tough division before that. I wonder if this year he's mentally out of it due to his sons death too.

This is a real possibility. In which case, 1-2 years off might be exactly what he needs to get better. Or, if not "off", maybe he can be on TV for a while. It might not be best for him, or his future team, to jump right back into the head coaching grind.

I don't think anyone knows what Andy Reid needs. I mean, he dealt with his sons' issues in the past, never stopped coaching. When his son passed away this summer, he barely missed any time. Who knows, maybe he just loves the grind. And coaching opportunities don't last forever. If he gets a stab at another head coaching gig, he might have to take it. Certainly, a fresh start away from Philly can't hurt.

Edited by Tim Anderson's Lunch Pail

Reid is severely overrated and hasn't done anything without Jim Johnson running the defense

He does get a lot out of his QBs but he is one of the few coaches that actually passes more then Gailey

He is also burnt and a year or two off would obviously do him good.

I get the feeling that if he were to become available, the Bills would have to get in line for his services. To me, he would seem like the ideal coach for Carolina... I would bet, if he does still want to coach, the lure of Cam Newton would be too much for him to pass up...especially given the alternative that Buffalo would offer... can't remember who it was, but some experienced NFL insider (maybe Casserly) once said something about long-time vetran coaches don't want to have to waste a lot of time looking for a QB if they head to another team...it makes some sense. Newton is a stud (no matter how some feel about his personality) and you can't help but think Reid, if his mind is into it, couldn't turn him into a superstar performer... he did that for McNabb, who isn't nearly as talented.

Under Andy Reid, CJ would get 10 carries per game. Reid is stubbornly pass happy, so no thanks.

mot sure why everyone keeps saying this beast Westbrook workhorsed there? I remember people picking him in the first round in fantasy every year for a long time.

Reid is severely overrated and hasn't done anything without Jim Johnson running the defense

He does get a lot out of his QBs but he is one of the few coaches that actually passes more then Gailey

He is also burnt and a year or two off would obviously do him good.

Yuuuuup ! Don't need another "genius" coach who ignores his rbs. Reid's looked clueless for a bit now.

I get the feeling that if he were to become available, the Bills would have to get in line for his services. To me, he would seem like the ideal coach for Carolina... I would bet, if he does still want to coach, the lure of Cam Newton would be too much for him to pass up...especially given the alternative that Buffalo would offer... can't remember who it was, but some experienced NFL insider (maybe Casserly) once said something about long-time vetran coaches don't want to have to waste a lot of time looking for a QB if they head to another team...it makes some sense. Newton is a stud (no matter how some feel about his personality) and you can't help but think Reid, if his mind is into it, couldn't turn him into a superstar performer... he did that for McNabb, who isn't nearly as talented.

But Fitz is better than cam....it's been validated by more than a few tbd posters. Wallbash!