Positives/negatives from today. What are yours?

I'm gonna keep it short since I have to do a lot of work and I only got to see the second half but:

Positives:

1) Bill's d-line was dominating again. As OP said this was against the Cardinals O-line so it might not even mean anything but it was good to see nonetheless.

2) Bill's defense in general showed a lot of heart. It was great seeing the Bill's swarming the ball carrier everytime. It's what we've been missing these past two weeks. Also nice to see no collapsing in general.

3) CJ was astounding. His movements are so much faster and quicker than anyone I've seen before. If he stays healthy he has got to be a future HOF'er.

4) Byrd is back to his ball hawking self. I just want to see him do it on a consistent basis like he did two seasons(or three?) ago.

Negatives:

1)Playcalling. Whoever was calling the plays in overtime needs to be stripped of that responsibililty. I have never seen worse playcalling in my life. When you have someone as good as CJ you put the ball in his hands and let him win the game for you. This game was a case of the players overcoming the poor playcalling.

2) Fitz looked terrible today. One of the poorest passing performances I've seen in a while. The only plus side is that he didn't turn the ball over at all. I don't think Fitz is as bad as everyone makes him out today but if things continue this way he needs to be pulled. I do think he would perform a lot better if our playcalling.

Well Fitz did manage to beat his amazing 126 yards passing last week against the 49ers. That's two consecutive PITIFUL performances in a row. Then there's his 4 pick performance the week before that......

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Negatives:

1] Ruvell Martin is on the team to do one thing, and screwed it up at a critical point of the game.

2] Fitz was just horrible.

3] Wanny not having CBs covering Larry Fitzgerald at any point let alone in the fourth quarter is mindless.

4] Lee Smith losing his head.

5] The obvious bonehead Wildcat call and several other head scratchers.

6] Powell shanks a punt when we need him to nail one.

Positives:

1] Spiller is back healthy and is a simply a stud.

2] Mario and the pass rush played well, but the Cards are crap across the front and they better have.

3] Bradham looks like he has a good feel for the game, as well as the size and speed.

4] Obviously the Byrdman was the player of the game.

5] We made a play to win the game.

It appeared that we were playing scared in that 4th quarter..especially that punt. This is the 2nd or 3rd time, the Bills have tried to do directional punting, rather than punting it deep. Why does Bruce De Haven keep doing that...

Another positive was not many critical penalties or not fumbling the ball at critical times in the game.

Negatives:

1] Ruvell Martin is on the team to do one thing, and screwed it up at a critical point of the game.

2] Fitz was just horrible.

3] Wanny not having CBs covering Larry Fitzgerald at any point let alone in the fourth quarter is mindless.

4] Lee Smith losing his head.

5] The obvious bonehead Wildcat call and several other head scratchers.

6] Powell shanks a punt when we need him to nail one.

Positives:

1] Spiller is back healthy and is a simply a stud.

2] Mario and the pass rush played well, but the Cards are crap across the front and they better have.

3] Bradham looks like he has a good feel for the game, as well as the size and speed.

4] Obviously the Byrdman was the player of the game.

5] We made a play to win the game.

You hit mine. I would highlight some of the coaches, besides Chan. Dehaven for cutting Moorman and keeping Ruvell Martin. Wanny had a LB covering Fitzgerald. And where is David Lee? This guy was lauded with praise for fixing Fitz's inaccuracy, but he's gotten worse if anything. Actually I will call out Chan besides his playcalling - seems inconsistent in his enforcement of team rules. Stevie gets benched for hurting the team with a personal foul, but I saw Lee Smith out on the field after his stupid penalty. But a win is a win, maybe they'll get better.

Mine...

Positives:

-Byrd is a stud. I've known this for a while, but today further re-iterated his elite status at his position. We need to lock him up.

-Mario was a beast. He could have had way more sacks today. Seemed like he played with anger

-Entire D-Line was constantly generating passrush. Arizona's weak O-line still leaves me somewhat skeptical.

-Spiller is undoubtedly one of the better RB's in the league. Does anybody think Freddy is as good?

-Stevie was open all game. His route running is outstanding

Negatives:

-Fitz. I love the guy, but he's not a starting NFL qb. He makes great reads and has heart, but simply doesn't have the necessary tangibles to succeed in the NFL. It becomes more apparant every week.

-Chan Gailey has officially lost his mind. I have NO faith in the coaching staff whatsoever.

Mari0 played aginst the worst pass protecting O-line in the league. I want to see him be a "beast" against a team in our division.

Fitzputrid? How can anyone love the guy. We are all witnessing why he was a backup before coming here. I'll never understand why they extended him for all that $$.

Positive: We didn't give up 300 yards rushing and 300 yards passing.

Edited by Azucho98

Positives:

- The D-line came to play. This is the pass rush we need to be successful.

- Jairus Byrd. We need to lock him up ASAP.

- Spiller. He should be getting 80% of the touches out of the backfield for now on.

- Leodis McKelvin! I never thought he was as bad as everyone made him out to be and he is having a great year on special teams and is now contributing on defense. I wouldn't mind Gilmore and McKelvin starting together.

- Stevie was running great routes. Watching today's game made me think he could be a top 10 WR in this league if the QB could get him the ball.

Negatives:

- Chan Gailey. I would have fired him after this game if Jay Feely hits that FG at the end of the game. So many questionable decisions by Gailey in the most critical of times.

- Fitz. I am a huge fan of the guy, but he is not making the throws. Is it possible David Lee ruined him? Fitzpatrick from 2010 or 2011 was never this inaccurate. He is missing BASIC throws. Chan should tell him just to go out there, have fun, and don't think about mechanics or any of that. Make the read and throw the ball - that's it!

- Nick Barnett. I seen him miss a bunch of tackles out there. He doesn't seem to have the same intensity he had a year ago.

Did I miss something on the first down that Chan challenged and lost? Didn't the initial measurement show the ball a few (maybe a couple) inches short?

Only one of many missed calls.

I thought the same exact thing on the initial measurement.

Solid win on the road...are you nuts? Did you actually SEE the game? The Bills received a W because the Cardinals lost the game. Coaching was abysmal, QB play was just that--play.

What are you talking about? The Bills played well enough to win. They manhandled that offense for most of the game. What game are you watching? Carrington got his hand on that last ball, they took this win.

I took away 5 Positives from the game:

1. We won a road game against a decent team

2. Our defense was not offensive

3. We have the same record as the Pats, Jets and 'Phins

4. We do not have Maui’a on our team

5. I can wear Buffalo Bills clothing out in public without feeling like a jackass a little longer

Things I liked not mentioned on this thread:

Kyle Williams destroying Darnell Dockett on Freddie's TD. He lined up as a FB and had a key block for the TD.

SJ is money and Jones and Graham are becoming dependable targets if the ball is well thrown, Sometimes I feel our WRs take undeserved criticsm.

Depth on the OL, we had three back-ups and they played well against a good front 7.

Kyle Moore had a solid game.

Clutch interceptions by Byrd.

Carrington making a difference yet again on ST.

What I didn't like:

Wood's pickaboo before every shotgun snap, it tells the defense when it's a go every time. This can't happen with a pro center.

Fitz, I didn't think it could happen but it has gotten worse. You can see the WR aren't happy with his misfires.

Letting Fitzgerald one one one with Barnett on their TD. Can't happen.

Positives:

The Defensive line played well, generated a lot of pressure.

Byrd with 2 nice picks

Moore played well

Buffalo gets a big W on the road against a tough team which had won 8 straight home games

Banged up O line played well

Leodis Mckelvin quietly having a nice season so far.

Negatives:

Fitz was inconsistent again. no touch on the deep ball and missed some wide open receivers. I literally held my breath every time he dropped back to pass late in that game

Freddy with another fumble

LB's are weak. Sheppard is either not ready or not good enough to be a MLB in the NFL.

many bad coaching decisions, wild cat interception should have cost them the game.

Defense still looks confused at times. McGee played zone against LF when he should have been in man late in the game. Seems to be happening a lot this year.

Things I liked not mentioned on this thread:

Kyle Williams destroying Darnell Dockett on Freddie's TD. He lined up as a FB and had a key block for the TD.

SJ is money and Jones and Graham are becoming dependable targets if the ball is well thrown, Sometimes I feel our WRs take undeserved criticsm.

Depth on the OL, we had three back-ups and they played well against a good front 7.

Kyle Moore had a solid game.

Clutch interceptions by Byrd.

Carrington making a difference yet again on ST.

What I didn't like:

Wood's pickaboo before every shotgun snap, it tells the defense when it's a go every time. This can't happen with a pro center.

Fitz, I didn't think it could happen but it has gotten worse. You can see the WR aren't happy with his misfires.

Letting Fitzgerald one one one with Barnett on their TD. Can't happen.

No Way. Kyle Williams lined up as a FB? I missed that.

positives:

Defense played well, held a team to under 50. yay

no interceptions

negatives:

some bad play calls. Hopefully someone inside brings this up to Chan

Fitz not accurate but he's the best we have. We must make due.

I think we can win more of the remaining games than a lot of Bills "fans" think. Solid defense is most important.