This team is still in this season

I have a hard time saying it was lucky when the guy hits a 61 yard FG to tie it under two minutes and then misses a 38 yarder. he should have made one and missed one.

I disagree. That 61 yarder was good from 71 and right down the middle. Nothing lucky about it.

Feely (and most at the NFL level) makes the short one in his sleep. Even as bad as he hit it,it almost still snuck through.

The Bills were given an extreme gift. Hope they can take advantage of it.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I disagree. That 61 yarder was good from 71 and right down the middle. Nothing lucky about it.

I just mean that if you kick a 61 yarder and a 38 yarder in the last two minutes 10 different times, you make both of them maybe 1 out of 10 times. There have not been many 61 yard field goals in NFL history, although it has become a little easier lately. You miss both maybe 1 time. And you make one and miss one 8 times. On average. So I just don't see it as lucky. Lucky would have been making both.

*I just looked it up and I think there have been only 7 kicks in NFL history 61 yards or longer.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I fear this Bills team is leading us down the path of the 1st and 2nd Jauron teams. With a win next week at home against Tennessee (very possible), the Bills will be no worse than tied for 1st in the AFCE with a 4-3 record heading into the bye. Great position to be in, right? And then they'll get their asses handed to them at Houston and NE* to bring everything crashing back down to earth. By the time they likely lose on Thursday night to an improving Miami team they will be 4-6, 0-4 in the division, and on their way to another 6-10, 7-9 finish that is billed as a "step in the right direction" by the spinmasters at OBD.

I've seen this script.

I fear this Bills team is leading us down the path of the 1st and 2nd Jauron teams. With a win next week at home against Tennessee (very possible), the Bills will be no worse than tied for 1st in the AFCE with a 4-3 record heading into the bye. Great position to be in, right? And then they'll get their asses handed to them at Houston and NE* to bring everything crashing back down to earth. By the time they likely lose on Thursday night to an improving Miami team they will be 4-6, 0-4 in the division, and on their way to another 6-10, 7-9 finish that is billed as a "step in the right direction" by the spinmasters at OBD.

I've seen this script.

We are where we thought we would be. 3 wins against bad teams and 3 losses against better teams.

THAT TREND WILL CONTINUE. Great chance we beat Tenessee at home ( and I have some doubt in the back of my mind ) and then we get killed by Houston and Blown away by the Pats who will be coming off their bye week.

Who knows how the next games will play out after we are 4-5 but the 2 games that we should win against a rebuilding Dolphins team dont look so easy anymore!

Actually, at this point in the season I expected us to be 3-3. It would have been awesome to be 4-2. But with away games against the Jets. Niners and Cards, and home games against the Chiefs, Browns and Patsies, this team is right were it probably should be as far as the standings go. Probably ahead of where we should be as tied with the Pats.

Now, how we got to here is a lot of cause for concern.

I have a hard time saying it was lucky when the guy hits a 61 yard FG to tie it under two minutes and then misses a 38 yarder. he should have made one and missed one.

Or Chan should have not put the team in that position in the first place. Chan needs to own up and fix his mistakes..I hope Sullivan can point this out to Chan on Wednesday.

I only saw the 4th quarter. 2 and 27 I think. Spiller gets 6 then runs out of bounds with daylight ahead of him. Even the announcers wondered about it. Does he always play like that? I can't picture Fred making that move.

I am just guessing here. It wasn't mentioned by the announcers. I think maybe Spiller made a mental mistake. I think he may have seen the marker and thought he had the first down. What he didn't realize is that there is a marker and a 10 yard chain attached to it. I can't believe he ran out of bounds knowing he needed more yards with some daylight in front of him.

Did anyone hear anything in an interview from him? Just curious to find out.

Edited by bills7834

I am tired of people giving up on this team!!!! Was it pretty? No! But they won against a team that beat the PATS!!!! We can still do something this year.

A W is a W. In the NFL, with all the injuries and turnovers and crazy week to week changes, how you win is not as important as whether you DO win. And the Bills are going to get healthier over the next 2-3 weeks. No big IR injuries through 6 games. Maybe we have a full team for the 2nd half of the season. If so, we will be fine. They have enough talent to compete will all the bottom 22 teams. Not the top 10 , but I take this team for this season. Yeah, yeah, need a QB, got it, but that ain't happening this year, so assume Fitz works on his accuracy over the bye, etc. and we re-tool with a healthy roster for the 2nd half. Titans game will be big, as I do not think we are competitive (yet) with Texans and Pats on the road, so those are two "L"'s right after the bye. Need to hit the bye 4 and 3. Somehow.

The defense needs to continue to improve, we need to give Freddy and CJ more touches (40-50 combined total) and limit Fitz to less than 30 attempts. Yesterday, cj and freddy had a combined 37 touches, but Fitz had 32 pass attempts - still too many.

if we can do those three things effectively, there is no reason this team can't finish 9-7 this season.

nothing lucky about a 61 yd fg? so 60+ fgs are just raining down from the sky. dont worry coach, its sixty yards but theres nothing lucky to kicking it straight and makeable from 71. no problem

that makes about as much sense as saying there was no luck to carringtons block. both guys (feeley and carrington) deserve credit for making their rare and super timely plays, but im certain they would admit there absolutely was both skill and luck involved

Everyone is hating on the Bills right now, and mostly Fitz.. Didn't Fitz give buffalo atleast a chance to Beat the pats, we were up by 21 points for christ sakes, and if Spiller didn't fumble on the one yard line we would have been up by 28..If you are up by 21 points in the middle of the 3rd qtr and get beat then that is on your defense not your QB.! I'm tired of people saying they love the Bills then bash every player they can and coaches.. They lost the games WE KNEW THEY WOULD...If those games were closer people wouldn't be bashing them.. I think Fitz did a good job managing the game yesterday, remember he has a patch work O-Line, and no #2 receiver..Jones is not a #2 receiver in the NFL... And Grahmn is no David nelson.. I wish Nelson never got hurt, but it is what it is, we have one receiver on this team and it's johnson.. Does Fitz miss throws..? Yes he does, so does every other QB...! Lets see where the season takes us and stop bitching, Tevarese Jackson is not going to come in and be the next NFL MVP people, there is a reason he was traded..

Everyone is hating on the Bills right now, and mostly Fitz.. Didn't Fitz give buffalo atleast a chance to Beat the pats, we were up by 21 points for christ sakes, and if Spiller didn't fumble on the one yard line we would have been up by 28..If you are up by 21 points in the middle of the 3rd qtr and get beat then that is on your defense not your QB.! I'm tired of people saying they love the Bills then bash every player they can and coaches.. They lost the games WE KNEW THEY WOULD...If those games were closer people wouldn't be bashing them.. I think Fitz did a good job managing the game yesterday, remember he has a patch work O-Line, and no #2 receiver..Jones is not a #2 receiver in the NFL... And Grahmn is no David nelson.. I wish Nelson never got hurt, but it is what it is, we have one receiver on this team and it's johnson.. Does Fitz miss throws..? Yes he does, so does every other QB...! Lets see where the season takes us and stop bitching, Tevarese Jackson is not going to come in and be the next NFL MVP people, there is a reason he was traded..

Ok,but why was he traded FOR?

nothing lucky about a 61 yd fg? so 60+ fgs are just raining down from the sky. dont worry coach, its sixty yards but theres nothing lucky to kicking it straight and makeable from 71. no problem

that makes about as much sense as saying there was no luck to carringtons block. both guys (feeley and carrington) deserve credit for making their rare and super timely plays, but im certain they would admit there absolutely was both skill and luck involved

How was their luck involved in the 61 yard FG? Just because it is very rare and difficult does not mean it is lucky. One reason it is rare for example is that not many are attempted. Feely hit it perfectly and it was right down the middle with plenty of room to spare. There was no wind to help (or hurt) it. He made a great clutch kick. Not lucky, skillful.

Now if the 38 yard one having been tipped and wobbling like crazy had hit the upright and still gone through then yeah that would have been lucky.

The way the Bills luck usually runs I'm a little surprised it didn't.

Edited by CodeMonkey

"People" are tired of consistent mediocrity. I haven't given up on the Bills, but I hate what I've seen in their 3 losses and in some of their wins--- like today.

The Bills did appear to give up in the previous 2 games--- if that doesn't upset you then I don't know what would.

When did they rise to the level of consistent mediocrity?

Ok,but why was he traded FOR?

Jacksn was traded for because he is an experienced QB in the league who can be a reliable backup and can come in and start. The wanted vince young to be that qb but he failed.

I don't care for how much they lost....

I figured it was a safe bet they could lose to the jets, niners, and pats.....and later on to the texans and pats again.

It would be great if they can win next week and split the road games....thus being 5-4. If they are 4-5 they are still in it given they finish 5 of 7 at home.