Shawne merriman is back with the Bills

Interesting, Merriman said he wanted to be a LB in a 3-4 when he was cut. I wonder if he will be going back to DE or OLB?

From Chris Brown:

Down to just three defensive ends for the foreseeable future the Bills brought a veteran pass rusher back that they released as the end of training camp. Shawne Merriman was re-signed by the club on Tuesday to provide competent depth to the position.

Merriman will help to fill the void left by Mark Andersonicon-article-link.gif, who had knee surgery last week, and could miss anywhere from three to nine weeks.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawne tweeted this on October 8th "No they shouldn't have i'm not a defensive end in this league RT @JSelapack: @shawnemerriman looks like bills shoulda kept ya lights out". I don't understand why we don't use him as a linebacker??? Ours aren't very good, ESPECIALLY Kelvin Sheppard, he couldn't tackle a 10 year old. Forget using him as DE, why lock him up with an offensive line given his injury situation??? Let him use his speed and power covering territory as a linebacker. This coaching staff has no idea how to use talent or to judge it for that matter.

The great thing is that he's been out of the league for a few months and I'm sure he was hitting the "JUICE" pretty hard. So maybe he'll be a wrecking ball for the remainder of the season until the juice wears off or his legs. Whichever comes first.

Shawne tweeted this on October 8th "No they shouldn't have i'm not a defensive end in this league RT @JSelapack: @shawnemerriman looks like bills shoulda kept ya lights out". I don't understand why we don't use him as a linebacker??? Ours aren't very good, ESPECIALLY Kelvin Sheppard, he couldn't tackle a 10 year old. Forget using him as DE, why lock him up with an offensive line given his injury situation??? Let him use his speed and power covering territory as a linebacker. This coaching staff has no idea how to use talent or to judge it for that matter.

People suggest this all the time. Sorry, but he just ISN'T a 4-3 LB. His "speed" is relative, decent speed (had) for a DE, not for a 4-3 LB. Especially because Wanny's system doesn't blitz. He is either a 3-4 strong LB, or a 4-3 DE (very similar). Oh yeah, he has never played 4-3 LB either...

And you still deserve crap for it. A dumb idea, executed, is still a dumb !@#$ing idea.

:w00t:

They must have gotten a good look at the tape showing Kelsay getting abused in the run game yesterday as well as losing contain of Kolb on scrambles. He played terribly and I've never been one to jump on the anti-Kelsay bandwagon. It was honestly one of his worst games as a DE (he never should have been asked to play the OLB position).

GO BILLS!!!

See, this was the Bills plan all along...

The Bills, in all their wisdom, knew in training camp that Merriman wasn't ready to go. But they couldn't stash him anywhere or let him take up a roster spot. So the Bills brass said "Hey, Shawne, we're gonna cut you. But don't you go worrying, when you are all healed up in a month, we're gonna sign you back."

Shawne, being the loyal player he is, goes along with this great plan. He even plays it up on twitter saying things like "I'm not a defensive end in this league." When, we as fans all know, Merriman was a stud DE in college. Then Merriman, gets healthy and boom, he's back.

It's all part of the plan...