Shawne merriman is back with the Bills

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure the front office would do this but I can't say I disagree with you. I remember feeling after he was put on IR last year that the defense lacked the intensity they had over the first several games.

yes, i prefer last year's garbage defense to this year's garbage defense.

yes, i prefer last year's garbage defense to this year's garbage defense.

Maybe your memory is short because Bills D was responsible for a good chunk of the first five wins. Whether it was a coincidence or not, but the D play tailed off a lot after Merriman was IRd.

with mark going down i say we bring back shawne merriman, 1st we need a DE 2nd i know he would fire up the locker room and we desperately need that right now.....thoughts?

I'm in . I think with the extra time to get even more healthy it would do him good & he knows the D ... A no brainer if you ask me !!!

Maybe your memory is short because Bills D was responsible for a good chunk of the first five wins. Whether it was a coincidence or not, but the D play tailed off a lot after Merriman was IRd.

he was only on the field for the first four wins since he was on ir before the fifth. i'd argue that the team's later performance can be attributed more to the failings of the offense than anything merriman did (or did not).

do you think he's still a difference maker?

Edited by Dirtbag

I like the Kyle Moore idea ... he played well in pre-season, time to step up!

Or, what about Alex Carrington? I think he played better last year out on the edge, he has virtually disappeared at the tackle position.

Edited by CSBill

Wow, has it really been a week since the last Merriman thread? This season is flying by.

why not kick the Tires on Merriman, he can play OLB or DE, adds versatility, experience, and is already familiar with the defense.

We did that for 2 seasons. Each time we kicked, the tires fell off.