Will George Wilson be benched for Searcy?

ny33

I think that most of the board is in agreement that Wilson hasn't looked like an NFL starter this year. It's been announced that Moats is likely being benched for Bradham (and Bradham played twice as many snaps against San Francisco); I haven't seen the safety snap counts for last week, or, frankly, have an idea as to how Searcy has been while he's on the field. Does anyone think Wilson gets pulled for Searcy next week, or will the team wait a few more weeks before making a change? I believe that Wilson got a pass for his poor coverage/tackling last year because of the number of turnovers he was able to generate, and it is true that he has relatively good catching skills. With the amount of nickel we run, though, I would imagine bringing in someone with better tackling/blitz skills at the SS spot would be a good idea, though I do think Searcy is also a bit small for the position.

Wilson is worse in coverage than Whitner and that is saying a lot.

I would rather see A. Williams moved to safety. Play a mostly two deep coverage scheme with McKelvin at CB until they are eliminated from the playoff race then start a healthy Brooks down the stretch.

Brooks and Gilmore will be our starting CBs for years to come...he can't get back on the field fast enough.

Agreed. With Rogers playing nickle and Byrd playing FS. Potentially Williams playing SS or nickle while pushing Rogers to dime.

Might as well bench everyone since playing against the Bills d is basically like watching offensive drills in practice

This. I don't even see why someone like Fitzpatrick shouldn't be benched. The fear of losing your job is a pretty good motivator, if you ask me.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Not sure what happened to 37. It must be an injury because I swear he was going to make the pro bowl last year. Do you guys remember those dominant games he was having? Announcers who didn't even know who he was raving about him, covering sideline to sideline, hitting, disrupting, solid in coverage.

There is no question he needs to take a game off. I disagree that Searcy "looked soft", and think he can't be any worse than Lonesome George.

The thing I can't understand is that some of his breakdowns this year have been mental and not just a guy shaking off rust from an injury. Either way, he needs to be benched.

Lets see what we have in Searcy. The guy is a great hitter if nothing else.

I would rather see A. Williams moved to safety. Play a mostly two deep coverage scheme with McKelvin at CB until they are eliminated from the playoff race then start a healthy Brooks down the stretch.

I think this is their best option also. I don't think they'll do it, but it would be nice to see how this would work out. Of course, I hate when McKelvin is running stride for stride, staring down the reciever and never turning for the ball. That gets frusterating.

This. I don't even see why someone like Fitzpatrick shouldn't be benched. The fear of losing your job is a pretty good motivator, if you ask me.

So benching Fitz will make him play better? You think he's just loafing it out there?

Makes no sense.

This is a really good idea, occured to me also. Williams hasn't shown CB cover skills, but does hit. He did play some safety at Texas!