Nigel Bradham expected to replace Arthur Moats in Buffalo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty scary when the organization promotes the "fans choice" as part of a PR move. Another sign that this is beyond the point of control.

Agreed 100% I can't go anywhere without people clamoring for Nigel Bradham to start at weakside linebacker for the Bills over Arthur Moats. Even here in Denver it's a hot topic. I hear in Buffalo it's turning into a near-riot situation as the fans have lined up on Hertel Avenue and are protesting with megaphones, chanting, "WE WANT BRADHAM! WE WANT BRADHAM!" and at least two people have been injured after police had to use tear gas. Looks like our soft front office has finally relented to the fans' demands.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Agreed 100% I can't go anywhere without people clamoring for Nigel Bradham to start at weakside linebacker for the Bills over Arthur Moats. Even here in Denver it's a hot topic. I hear in Buffalo it's turning into a near-riot situation as the fans have lined up on Hertel Avenue and are protesting with megaphones, chanting, "WE WANT BRADHAM! WE WANT BRADHAM!" and at least two people have been injured after police had to use tear gas.

:lol:

Ahhh remember when we used to have Moats rush the passer he was pretty good at that but hey our front 4 will get pressure. Ever watch great teams they use the front 4 to open holes for blitzing LB and backs sigh but hey we dont need that

No actually I don't remember that. Pretty sure he made two good plays one of them historic and has been living on reputation ever since. He is an awful LB. He can't stop the run, he can't conver, and he isn't that great at pass rushing.

You know what? I don't feel bad for Moats or any other "NFL" linebacker who gets benched by someone who outplays them... What does, it's not fair to put Moats to play coverage mean? He's a pro athlete... He runs maybe 2 points of a second slower than a fast tight end... Why shouldn't he be able to play coverage... You're a linebacker for God's sake... I'm not saying linebackers should cover wideouts going deep obviously but for 4 seconds you should at least be in the vicinity of a tight end or a wide receiver running a slant route... F outta here with the mindset of it not being fair to them... If Bradham is doing his job, then he should play... Just like Mario should be benched plain and simple...I don't care if it creates ruckus in the locker room... We need to make a statement that if you're not producing, you cant play...

Mario isn't doing anything that Maybin didn't do for us... He's just a bigger and taller version of Maybin at this point...

Oh and also, this guy Sheppard gotta go... He's afraid of contact... Maybe Bradham can man the middle... But I'll put Bradham anywhere on the linebacker's role... He seems like he loves contact so...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

You know what? I don't feel bad for Moats or any other "NFL" linebacker who gets benched by someone who outplays them... What does, it's not fair to put Moats to play coverage mean? He's a pro athlete... He runs maybe 2 points of a second slower than a fast tight end... Why shouldn't he be able to play coverage... You're a linebacker for God's sake... I'm not saying linebackers should cover wideouts going deep obviously but for 4 seconds you should at least be in the vicinity of a tight end or a wide receiver running a slant route... F outta here with the mindset of it not being fair to them... If Bradham is doing his job, then he should play... Just like Mario should be benched plain and simple...I don't care if it creates ruckus in the locker room... We need to make a statement that if you're not producing, you cant play...

Mario isn't doing anything that Maybin didn't do for us... He's just a bigger and taller version of Maybin at this point...

Oh and also, this guy Sheppard gotta go... He's afraid of contact... Maybe Bradham can man the middle... But I'll put Bradham anywhere on the linebacker's role... He seems like he loves contact so...

If Denver's coach decided that Von Miller should spend half of his time in coverage, he'd get a lot of criticism. I don't think Moats should be starting, but he clearly is incompetent in coverage and the team should recognize that.

Because the GM and Coaches look BAD when their 3rd round pick from a year ago gets benched in favor of an aging veteran.

Bingo!

And it's the same reason we will be seeing Fitz or Thigpen before Jackson.

Buddy does not get a bye but a lot of this is on Chan. He gushed a fountain of praise for Shep after the senior bowl. He sold Fitz to management 4 games in last year.

Chan is unable to admit his mistakes and move on. So we have a situation where the HC actually cannot make changes that might be required and in the best interests of the team.

Chan is unable to admit his mistakes and move on. So we have a situation where the HC actually cannot make changes that might be required and in the best interests of the team.

The Trent Edward firing seems to show the opposite. As does playing Fred way more than CJ last year when Fred was hot and CJ was not.

2 things: I hope you're right

And where in the world are you getting this information from?

Originated with Chan Gailey on buffalo bills.com:

"On if LB Nigel Bradhamicon-article-link.gif might be in line to start this week:

He might be. We will wait and see till the end of the week, but he might be, yes."

Joe B of WGR said the Bills will be playing Nigel Bradham at Weakside more this week, the same thing I am hearing. It is sounding as if Nigel will take over for Arthur this week in Arizona

Wait, Barnett has been the Will. In place of Barnett? Barnett is our only bright spot at LB IMO, the only one who looks like he has a clue out there. (Sorry Damond I know you like Moats and I'm sure he's very likeable - but not in run coverage and def. not in pass coverage!)

Thought Bradham was playing SLB in place of Moats, or is the idea to put Barnett in the middle? I wouldn't oppose that, MLB is Barnett's natural place and he spent several years playing 4-3 MLB in GB.

But Moats has been toasted in coverage like bread. Could a lineup like Morrison-Barnett-Bradham be better?

Edited by Hopeful

Well, other than an experience edge, I have seen little from Morrison to make me think he would make the defense much better...but I like his radio show!

I'm not sure we should discount the experience edge. The MLB is the "QB of the D" and IMO Shep has been getting fooled on too many plays...that has to be disruptive.

I personally think Barnett is the better MLB than Morrison, both mentally and physically - but I don't think Morrison can make a decent Will whereas Barnett has been capable.

Bradham-Morrison-Barnett could be better overall. Bradham-Barnett in the nickle instead of Scott-Barnett could eliminate those calls of "43 is the Mike!" - I can't picture anyone enjoying the chance to run at Bradham.

At least not more than once.