Is Stephon Gilmore a potential BUST?

Buffalo 66

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore is 5 games into his rookie season and working with a defensive line and LBs that so far haven't been able to stop anything but the pizza delivery guy.

You all probably gave Spiller 3 years. You are using the word bust on Gilmore after 5 games on a **** defense?

You people baffle me.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He does always looked confused on the field.. corners take some time. most don't come in and be a shut down guys from day 1.

You usually see him on TV after they throw his way.

He's invisible a lot of the time - those are the times he's got him man locked down.

Worrying about him after 5 games is nuts.

I admit sometimes he looks confused before the snap - as do a few of the players - that may well be a frustrating consequence of switching to the new scheme - they are all learning it, and new defensive schemes don't usually settle in until the 2nd season. Not what anyone wants to hear - but it's reality.

The dude just looks clueless out there! I realize it is only 5 games in to his rookie season, but he is not looking like a top ten pick! Just sayin!

The entire team looks clueless, you are going to pick on the guy who has only played a few games?

Might want to throw Wanny under the bus first...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Gilmore is 5 games into his rookie season and working with a defensive line and LBs that so far haven't been able to stop anything but the pizza delivery guy.

You all probably gave Spiller 3 years. You are using the word bust on Gilmore after 5 games on a **** defense?

You people baffle me.

Are you kidding me, people around here started calling Spiller a bust as soon as his first game ended against the Dolphins.

But I agree, five games into the season is ridiculous, no matter how he's played - let alone the fact that he's probably been one of the better players on this defense (not that it's saying much).

And yeah, like jabtot says, there's a lot more reason to be concerned about Aaron WIlliams right now.

Edited by CFLstyle

Very few people looked good yesterday, but it's way too early to label Gilmore as a potential bust.

Gilmore played good against the Patriots.

Buddy got at least 3 4-5 year starters from this years draft. All Good. Until of course the contracts are up and they split in FA for a real NFL franchise.

ALL rookies are potential busts. Let's give it the usual three years it takes to decide for sure. Early returns are mixed. The good news is he seems to have more trouble with zone responsibilities and soft man coverages than he does press man coverages. I'd rather they just let him play that while everyone else mixes it up.

GO BILLS!!!

From what I've seen Gilmore, for a rookie at a tough position, has pretty much met expectations of a 1st round corner. With some experience and progression he has the potential to be a very good corner.

I am waiting to see some kind of pass rush before pointing to any specific player in the secondary as the source of the problem. Playing corner for the Bills is like covering a guy playing 2 on 2 street football with a designated QB and no pass rusher. The receivers are zig-zagging around for 20 seconds (running behind cars, setting picks!) and sooner or later they're going to get open.

Thanks for the input, I have not watched a lot of him this year! I loved the pick myself but he just seems confused and always looking to his teammates for help?

You haven't watched a lot of him this year.....he's only played 5 games so how much have you watched.....and you think he may be a bust?