A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particuar order.....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson looked really quick again today. Another effective and productive outing for him.

Don't forget Shep sucked again too. Not sure what Gilmore bit on on the TD he gave up, but he got burned badly, again. Bradham is about the only guy I liked on D today.

Nice to see Gilmore learn from his mistakes. That TD looked eerily similar to the one he gave up to fellow rookie Travis Benjamin against Cleveland

Edited by bills44

Don't forget Shep sucked again too. Not sure what Gilmore bit on on the TD he gave up, but he got burned badly, again. Bradham is about the only guy I liked on D today.

That play was almost exactly the same as the Sanchez to Hill TD vs. the Jets in terms of the X's and O's. The play side saftey was supposed to have support over the top, but got caught looking into the backfield on a delay-draw PA and let the receiver get behind him.

Well the bright side is Powell's net punting average is better than Moorman's was.

BTW, I don't see Chan sitting Fitz. Who's going to start? Thigpen is no better and according to Chan, Jackson doesn't have a clue yet.

It's got to be about the coaching, and as a fan I've had it. I really thought it was Edwards last year, but it's dawned on me that it's Gailey and his entire way of doing things.

This team has good talent, enough of it that it doesn't get blown out of games. And we've gotten blown out of a lot of games during Gailey's tenure.

The other miserable thing is that even the casual observer of the Bills sees no leadership. The sideline looks like a bunch of guys there because they are paid to be there. No hunger. No enthusiasm.

It's got to be about the coaching, and as a fan I've had it. I really thought it was Edwards last year, but it's dawned on me that it's Gailey and his entire way of doing things.

This team has good talent, enough of it that it doesn't get blown out of games. And we've gotten blown out of a lot of games during Gailey's tenure.

The other miserable thing is that even the casual observer of the Bills sees no leadership. The sideline looks like a bunch of guys there because they are paid to be there. No hunger. No enthusiasm.

Hard to understand why someone wouldn't be stoked to be a part of that.

12) Aaron Williams is a lousy cb. Period. He had one decent game, once. He will never be any good, so say hello to another first round corner.

We could have/should have had Andy Dalton who was picked right after Williams. :censored:

It's really irritating to see no fire whatsoever in Gailey. Harbaugh has so much passion and he gets riled up over, seemingly, the smallest things. Nothing can elicit an emotional reaction from Gailey, ever.

I also feel like we're giving up on the run too soon. The 49ers D is ridiculously good, but we have good backs. CJ can cut up any defense. Not every play is going to be huge, but I feel like as soon as we get a 2-3 yard run we go back to the pass for a few plays. KC ran some 12 straight plays on Baltimore and moved down the field just fine. CJ can do that. Freddy hasn't looked like himself since returning from injury, but I think he's still capable too. I'm sick of seeing so many empty backfield plays.

Or Mallet twice!

Or Foles, Wilson, Cousins

I had a good feeling we were going to grab Foles or Cousins. They look really promising with their respective teams and I'm a little jealous.

4) I wanted the Bills to fire Wanny at halftime. Consider this a flat out call for his immediate dismissal. I will say it. His defense is worse than that of Jauron. I never in my life thought I would say this about any DC. Jauron had his team run away from scrimage, and this was actually better than the mess that Wanny has put forth. Disgusting. Absolutely sickening.

Well. The D held them to a FG and made them punt in 1Q. That was the game highlight for the D.

A few plays that stick in my craw.

1. Opening kickoff: Jairus Byrd holding penalty that nullified the TD. I'm sure everyone does it and he just got caught but man that sucked. Discipline?

2. 2nd Q opening Bills drive. 3rd and 2 from the SF8. Pass play incomplete to DJones. WHEN ITS 3RD AND 2 COULD WE RUN THE BALL ALREADY? PUT IN COREY MAC AND TWO TE and POWER? Instead, we settled for a FG and the tie.

3. The following SF drive that made it 10-3. That's where the thought "Dave Wannstadt Must Go" first emerged from my brain. We just tied the game. It's th job of the D to get it back, man. And it was lighting-fast.

4. The Chandler fumble. He's normally sure-handed so I really can't get too miffed at him but man, that killed us - the Kaepernick fumble saved us from a SF TD 'cuz we sure couldn't stop them, Fitz made a nice throw (yeah, I said it)

5. The Fitz sack on the 3rd play of the 2nd half. 2nd and 21 down near our goal line is NOT a good place for Fitz to put himself. At least it wasn't an INT, but man....throw it away

6. The ensuing SF drive turned "Dave Wannstadt Must Go" into a symphony. That was just too easy.

7. The Fitz INT. from the replay film, could not see anyone in position to interfere with the throw - that was just a fatally bad throw. But why call that play there? Yes, we're down 24-3, but we have a quarter and a half left to play, long enough for NE to bury us. It's 1st and 10, why call a high-risk, low-percentage throw for a guy who is struggling?

I'd like someone with all-22 access to comment, but I think some other receivers were open. Take the short throw, go for the 1st down, keep our D off the field. Whoever made that call - Fitz or Chan - seriously bad call in the circs, IMO (see 2 above) and of course, again, seriously bad throw.

From there out it was just a rout.

Edited by Hopeful

Well. The D held them to a FG and made them punt in 1Q. That was the game highlight for the D.

A few plays that stick in my craw.

1. Opening kickoff: Jairus Byrd holding penalty that nullified the TD. I'm sure everyone does it and he just got caught but man that sucked. Discipline?

2. 2nd Q opening Bills drive. 3rd and 2 from the SF8. Pass play incomplete to DJones. WHEN ITS 3RD AND 2 COULD WE RUN THE BALL ALREADY? PUT IN COREY MAC AND TWO TE and POWER? Instead, we settled for a FG and the tie.

3. The following SF drive that made it 10-3. That's where the thought "Dave Wannstadt Must Go" first emerged from my brain. We just tied the game. It's th job of the D to get it back, man. And it was lighting-fast.

4. The Chandler fumble. He's normally sure-handed so I really can't get too miffed at him but man, that killed us - the Kaepernick fumble saved us from a SF TD 'cuz we sure couldn't stop them, Fitz made a nice throw (yeah, I said it)

5. The Fitz sack on the 3rd play of the 2nd half. 2nd and 21 down near our goal line is NOT a good place for Fitz to put himself. At least it wasn't an INT, but man....throw it away

6. The ensuing SF drive turned "Dave Wannstadt Must Go" into a symphony. That was just too easy.

7. The Fitz INT. from the replay film, could not see anyone in position to interfere with the throw - that was just a fatally bad throw. But why call that play there? Yes, we're down 24-3, but we have a quarter and a half left to play, long enough for NE to bury us. It's 1st and 10, why call a high-risk, low-percentage throw for a guy who is struggling?

I'd like someone with all-22 access to comment, but I think some other receivers were open. Take the short throw, go for the 1st down, keep our D off the field. Whoever made that call - Fitz or Chan - seriously bad call in the circs, IMO (see 2 above) and of course, again, seriously bad throw.

From there out it was just a rout.

As always I agree with you Hopeful.

IT IS THE COACHING on both sides of the ball. I give up on Fitz (and I have always supported him) after that int though........ He should know he can't make that throw. Couch Lee seems to have done nothing for him.

Wanny :sick:....... is all I can say. I hope you are gone this week because the players are not playing for you. I wasn't excited about you becoming the D Coordinator and the records teams are setting against us WTF? dude change something!... :thumbdown: or better yet Buddy can his ass.

Chan you are seriously on a very hot seat, maybe you HAVE lost the team. What the hell do you have against the running game, the 2 backs you have are YOUR BEST PLAYERS, YTH can't you put them in there at the same time? You are not learning and you are not improving. I wish we wouldn't have to see this through the end of the season. Also :thumbdown:

Graham looks good. He plays with spirit. Fitz just can't get the most out of him.

Every time I watch a highlight of a completed deep pass on tv, I get sad. When is the last one Fitz hit down the sideline? I think it was the 99 yarder to TO.

1) Byrd looked like he was running in sand. He was also pushed back 15 yards or so by a wide receiver who he was back pedaling away from. He was shaken up in the 4th quarter, and if he sits, it will be not so much of a loss. What to do? They will probably use the franchise tag on him.

2) Kyle William was flat out pancaked on a third and long run in the second quarter. His play has fallen WAY off, to the point that he is no help in virtually any situation.

3) I love to see Graham line up as one of 2 in the slot. He gets open, and would go deep if he had a quarterback who could reach him.

4) I wanted the Bills to fire Wanny at halftime. Consider this a flat out call for his immediate dismissal. I will say it. His defense is worse than that of Jauron. I never in my life thought I would say this about any DC. Jauron had his team run away from scrimage, and this was actually better than the mess that Wanny has put forth. Disgusting. Absolutely sickening.

5) I don't even know who this kid Bradham is, but I thank him for caring enough to fight to make plays. Wanny will probably sit him and insert another defensive back. I am serious.

6) Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,

Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Lost one round but the price wasn't anything,

A knife in the back

And more of the same.

7) Dareus? Like the kid, but he is getting handled at will, and he has zero push.

8) Fitz? He makes sure to kill any chance the Bills have of getting back into any game. The pick after the really nice gain by Brad Smith on the wildcat was the last straw. He is not, nor will he ever be a good starting quarterback. Case closed.

9) He did it AGAIN!!! Wanny had 1 f-----g linebacker on the field on 3rd and 5, with approx 5 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Of course, they ran it down our throats.

10) Mario? He played like utter garbage, a total non-factor. Don't be fooled by that one pressure. Smith just happened to run into him. He was blocked out of the play, as usual.

11) This is HUGE imo. On one play, Kelsay ran in to relieve Mario, who promptly waved him off. Kelsay ran back to the sidelines. This begs the questions.....Does Wanny have ANY control? Does Gailey? The answers are obvious. If it were up to me, I would keep Gailey until the end of the year, but again, Wanny should be fired TONIGHT!!!!!!!

12) Aaron Williams is a lousy cb. Period. He had one decent game, once. He will never be any good, so say hello to another first round corner.

13) Well, we are now a record setting, laughing stock. I would apologize to my daughters for making them Bills fans, but girls, believe it or not, it will help you in the end. You won't give up on things. And, you will be more loyal than others, and people will see it. People you care about will know it, and you will be trusted in turn, because of this. The Bills are a mess no doubt, but they are OUR mess.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the Bills stunk but did you watch the game? You were way off, nice post.

watch again and please stop with these crap posts, you obviously have no idea how to critique a game.