Baseball playoffs

KD in CA

I have seen hundreds of games at Yankee Stadium and the new stadium sucks! My favorite seat would be the $6 dollar general admission bleacher seat that went on sale at 4 the day of the game- and if you were lucky you could catch a double header for that $6. That place was electric! The energy was incredible! The new place kind of looks like the old stadium, it is more sanitized and corporate friendly, but it has no soul. They ruined Yankee Stadium. It is all about money. 2 shots Jagermeister, 2 Heinekens at Hard Rock inside the new park- $48! Greedy mother!@#$ers have ruined one of the all time great stadiums. I want my $6 seat back in a real stadium

That article is spot on

This is an excellent post. You sum it up perfectly - sanitized version of the real Yankee Stadium - with no soul.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason it was a crappy series? The Tigers had the 7th best record in the AL. A largely unworthy opponent that caught a lucky streak.

I think a Giants-A's series would have been a lot more entertaining. Especially for us in the Bay Area. Next year baby!

The reason it was a crappy series? The Tigers had the 7th best record in the AL. A largely unworthy opponent that caught a lucky streak.

Please!

You do remember what happened when they played each other in the 1989 World Series. :ph34r:

All oakland

All oakland

No, it was all Mother Nature. And yes Nanker I remember it well We were living in LA at the time. My wife and I are big baseball fans and we just got home and turned it on. Al Michaels was talking and then in the middle of what he was saying the feed was lost. It came back briefly with the audio only and the crowd was going nuts and then the audio was lost. I looked at my wife and said "earthquake?!?!" This was before we had internet or 24/7 news so I turned on the radio and got the news of the earthquake.

i am calling bull crap...sure the record may be as you said, but the talent level on detroit was superior....detroit B word slapped the most storied franchise in baseball and there was no reason to doubt they wouldn't do that to the NL opponent...but no one decided to tell that to SF....baseball is that kind of game, a great one....it wasn't a crappy series, it was a great display of baseball from a dominant team

No, it was all Mother Nature. And yes Nanker I remember it well We were living in LA at the time. My wife and I are big baseball fans and we just got home and turned it on. Al Michaels was talking and then in the middle of what he was saying the feed was lost. It came back briefly with the audio only and the crowd was going nuts and then the audio was lost. I looked at my wife and said "earthquake?!?!" This was before we had internet or 24/7 news so I turned on the radio and got the news of the earthquake.

That whole thing was photoshopped.

i am calling bull crap...sure the record may be as you said, but the talent level on detroit was superior....detroit B word slapped the most storied franchise in baseball and there was no reason to doubt they wouldn't do that to the NL opponent...but no one decided to tell that to SF....baseball is that kind of game, a great one....it wasn't a crappy series, it was a great display of baseball from a dominant team

Gotta agree with all this.

I remember too eventhough I live in

Arlington Texas. I had just gotten home

from the grocery store . I too got the news

on the radio in my car. Sister in law lived

in Cupertino at the time and a former work

bud lived in Salinas.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Got to agree. The Giants have the formula for winning playoff baseball. They get great starting pitching, excellent defense strong bullpen & timely hitting. It also seems like an average guy or 2 in their lineup steps up huge in the post season. Sandoval did it this year(guy had 12 HRs all year yet hit 6 in the postseason). I remember in 2010 noone could get Cody Ross out in the postseason after he was marginally average for most of the season.

As far as Detroit they went off at -170 to win the World Series so obviously someone they were pretty talented. I said before the series started that Detroit needed to win the games Verlander pitched & hope for the best in the other games. When he got bitchslapped in game 1 I knew this series was going to be an uphill climb for Detroit. I did not think they would of been swept. A's/SF would of been a more interesting series.

Edited by Gordio

I know about the quake put there. Oh by the way I am geologist