Baseball playoffs

KD in CA

The O's put up a hell of a fght, and really FORCED the Yankees to learn to win with guts. Nothing was easy about the past two months.

From the very first few weeks of the season, I expected them to drop off and it just never happened. So appropriate that Game 5 was the rubber match of what turned out to be an epic 23 game season series.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After round one (and no I don't consider those WC "coin tosses" round one) those who still think soccer is more exciting than baseball please raise your hand.

Baseball in April may June July or August? Me.. Playoff baseball is extremely exciting every pitch matters so much but the 162 game season? Not so much...

As for your hatred of soccer I wonder have you ever watched with a rooting interest in a team? Did you follow the women's us national team when they scored a game tier in the 120th minute? It was every bit as exciting. Watching soccer without a rooting interest is boring but so is a lot of sports baseball included.

So if you want to say does anyone find world cup/champions league soccer as exciting as playoff baseball then yes I do.

Yes but you can answer what is your favorite thing about each of your kids. What a cop out.

After round one (and no I don't consider those WC "coin tosses" round one) those who still think soccer is more exciting than baseball please raise your hand.

Oh and BTW however you look at it, either a major comeback by the Cards or a major fail by the Nats that game was epic!

How do you not get that I'm joking. I'm going to really compare what he likes best in the new wild card format to choosing between your children?!?

That said, I agree 100% with the rest of your post!

oh my god, jeter looks like he 'krumried' his leg....when tim krumrie broke his leg years ago it kind of whipped around....thats what it looked like

I thought so, too, but when they kept playing the replay I think that was actually his right ankle - the one that didn't get hurt. The left is fractured. Three month injury they said, so definitely not a Krumrie situation.

Summary of yesterday's games....

1. Yankees lost...GOOD

2. Cardinals won...GOOD

3. Tony Bennett singing God Bleass America during the 7th inning stretch....AWESOME!

4. The "anthem stylings" of Jose Feliciano...FREAKIN' EMBARRASSING!

The Giants have a Tony Bennett bobblehead night every year an he comes out and sings I Left My Heart in San Francisco.

Like I posted before people think this guy has too much pride to accept being benched got it wrong. Hes lost interest in playing and is more into his super rich Manhattan lifestyle, including flirting with the ladies - the only "field" he cares to play anymore. There are rumblings today yanks will try to buy him out of his remaining contract, I really hope it happens. Watching that guy playingiinto his 40's or ride the bench making almost $30mill /year is brutal either way.

This Yankee fan feels this post season was less than optimal

I think probably the only two types of fans I have absolutely zero sympathy for are Pats fans and Yanks fans...but since you're a Bills fan, I feel a little bad for you. Really small, nearly minuscule amount...almost next to nothing, if Im being totally honest....in fact, whatever the smallest measurable bit is above "nothing", that basically sums up the amount of sympathy I have for you as my Bills brother. I may need to think about this further, though. It might actually be nothing. I just don't want to be rude.

I'm going to give the nod to the Giants not because they're my team but they have so much going for them. Home field (earned by an exihibition game where the MPV was a cheater :doh: ), they're on a roll (destroying a very good team in a game 7) and minimal time off. I think it was mentioned earlier that too much time between series is not a good thing. Giants in 6.