Baseball playoffs

KD in CA

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I was bedded. I turned it off after the 10th inning. But I can't believe the Yanks didn't pull another unlikely hero out of their ass for a game-winning HR. I guess they're saving it for tonight.

You didn't miss much. Jeter, Ibanez, and the entire pitching staff showed up to this series. Been enough for a 2-2 split. Let's see if one of the other supposed all stars wants to play tonight.

You didn't miss much. Jeter, Ibanez, and the entire pitching staff showed up to this series. Been enough for a 2-2 split. Let's see if one of the other supposed all stars wants to play tonight.

Only the pitching staff and McLough have showed up for the O's so it sounds about even. Adam Jones blowing a bubble while letting a fly ball go over his head is the signature moment of the series for them thusfar.

4 series, 4 game 5s. Can't ask for much more. (Well, i'd like to see it expanded to a 7 game series, so one dominating pitcher doesn't have such a huge effect on a series)

Sucks my A's lost, but i never expected them to get where they got to and win the division. It was a hell of a ride.

A typical 7 game series will cover 9 days. A pitcher can't go 3 times in 9 days on normal rest. You can pitch 3 times if you go both times on 3 days rest. My point was that in the A's-Tigers series, Verlander was able to go on full rest for game 5.

My point was that when you have a single dominating pitcher, he can win you 2/5 games, leaving no room for error for the opposing team. In a 7 game series, he can win you 2/7 games, meaning you still need to have the rest of the rotation do something. An ace could go again in game 7, but that's a complete dice roll.

How many games was that Bobby Fischer-Boris Spassky chess match. I think all series should be that amount.

Can't an ace pitcher pitch in 3 of 7 games? I know Bob Gibson did for sure.

Not and be affective. That's why you had to go back 50 years to find someone that you only think may have.

Not and be affective. That's why you had to go back 50 years to find someone that you only think may have.

Saying "for sure" means that I only think he may have?

How about Randy Johnson winning three games in 2001? Game 7 in relief but he got the win.

Saying "for sure" means that I only think he may have?

How about Randy Johnson winning three games in 2001? Game 7 in relief but he got the win.

Sorry misread that but you still had to go back nearly 50 years. And winning a game in relief is nothing like being handed the ball in the first inning and being asked to go as far as they can.

Edited by Chef Jim

Winning three games is still dominating a series. Do you remember how he came in that 7th game. He just pitched game 6 and I figured he's going to get shelled. No way!

There really haven't been many other recent 7 game series.

He just said - everything..

It's like asking which of your children you like most..

Yes but you can answer what is your favorite thing about each of your kids. What a cop out.

After round one (and no I don't consider those WC "coin tosses" round one) those who still think soccer is more exciting than baseball please raise your hand.

Oh and BTW however you look at it, either a major comeback by the Cards or a major fail by the Nats that game was epic!

Edited by Chef Jim

That's exactly what they pay Sabathia for. Great to see him dominate. I know this much - Tigers offense won't wilt like the Orioles.

The O's put up a hell of a fght, and really FORCED the Yankees to learn to win with guts. Nothing was easy about the past two months.